• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Pest removal at unusual height and depth

Knight Otu

First Post
"Ehehe, it must have turned back, food rat. Otherwise it would have triggered Lothé's clever trap. An alarm. Lothé always knows if one of these things approaches his lair. These things are too stupid to even notice it. Ihihihi."

With that, the creature begins to crawl into the tunnel you are in, occasionally taking a bite from the thing it carries in its hand. It is clearly alone. At a point, about 150 feet away, the creature stands up as much as space permits, and makes a big step forward. It is an extremely thin and frail humanoid, clothed in rags. The light comes from a rock it carries bound on a necklace. In one hand, it carries bloody remains that might have been a rat once. It has long, dirty hair, covering most of its face, but seemingly no beard.

About halfway between your position and the creature, you now think you can make out a small niche hidden in the shadows

Pbartender

First Post
Knight Otu said:
At a point, about 150 feet away, the creature stands up as much as space permits, and makes a big step forward.

Note to self... check for another trap up ahead.

Jack continues to wait patiently to see what the grimy bugger does.

Knight Otu

First Post
As the creature crawls along, muttering about its "clever traps" and the like, Mintrik believes he can see long pointed ears somewhere in the tumble that is the creatures' hair. As it is about 75 feet away from the group, it squeezes itself into the niche, and remains there, chewing, muttering and giggling.

silentspace

First Post
Pointy ears? Mintrik thinks. Could be a goblin, or maybe an elf? Either way, its too far to Charm. I wish I had a different spell prepared, but who knew when I woke up this morning I'd be going into the sewers?

Mintrik remains quiet and unmoving.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
After some time of you standing and waiting, the creature throws something in front of it, and you hear clacking, as if from bone. Soon after, it must have dozed off, as you can hear loud snoring.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads