• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Pest removal at unusual height and depth

Knight Otu

First Post
Lothé shrugs and says.
"Lothé knows not why, but walking fungi like bones. Lothé first thought fungi eat bones, until bone rats arrived. But bone rats not seem use bones from Lothé. And Lothé never seen bone people."
Lothé's eyes grow hard "Unnatural creatures."

silentspace

First Post
Mintrik digs through his pack and pulls out some beef jerky. "Lothe, want to try something besides rat? That's all I have, but I'll give it to you. Do the fungi control the bone rats? Do you think you can show us where the fungi are?"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
silentspace said:
Mintrik digs through his pack and pulls out some beef jerky. "Lothe, want to try something besides rat? That's all I have, but I'll give it to you. Do the fungi control the bone rats? Do you think you can show us where the fungi are?"
"Fungi? Why don't you tell him to point out all the traps he has set up in this place. If he helps us out, I am sure we can offer to get him out of this place."

Shadowlyn gives the elf a chance to escape this place, and return to a life of normal meals.

Knight Otu

First Post
silentspace said:
Mintrik digs through his pack and pulls out some beef jerky. "Lothe, want to try something besides rat? That's all I have, but I'll give it to you.
"Oh, Lothé thanks you." Lothé takes the food and begins eating, and answers the other questions while chewing.

silentspace said:
Do the fungi control the bone rats? Do you think you can show us where the fungi are?"
"Lothé doesn't know if fungi control bone rats, but bone rats friendly to fungi. Fungi are where Targun brewed his stuff, big hall thing. A red light appeared there recently."

"Fungi? Why don't you tell him to point out all the traps he has set up in this place. If he helps us out, I am sure we can offer to get him out of this place."
"Lothé built two clever alarms in this tunnel. About equal distance from Lothés lair."

"What you say? Out of this place? You mean... sewers? You mean... it is possible? Lothé and the gang looked through all the sewer, but found no way." Lothé appears to be exited about the possibility to return to the surface world.

Other Guy

First Post
"Yes, it is possible," Loskrad smiles. "There are some things that we need to do first, while we're down here, but I'm sure you can be patient, seeing as you've been in these sewers for...how long have you been here?"

Knight Otu

First Post
"Lothé don't know. Lothé not see sun to count days.... at least long enough for humans to die of old age."

Then Lothé mutters something about trance and sleep.

silentspace

First Post
Shadowlyn said:

Shadowlyn gives the elf a chance to escape this place, and return to a life of normal meals.

To Shadowyln, Mintrik replies "I wanted to see if he still liked normal food first. Who knows what years of captivity in a sewer will do to a person? It was possible he had grown used to this place, and did not want to leave."

Turning back to Lothe, Mintrik says "I'm glad to see that imprisonment has not ravaged your mind, my friend. You're still a creature of the surface world. I'm also glad to hear that you only were a thief because you had no other choice."

"But still, let's not rush things. We still have much to do down here, in the sewers. And Lothe, you have a lot of knowledge and skills which could be useful to us! You are quite clever, to have survived here so long, to have built these traps and negotiated with the mushrooms."

Lothe said:
"Lothé doesn't know if fungi control bone rats, but bone rats friendly to fungi. Fungi are where Targun brewed his stuff, big hall thing. A red light appeared there recently."

"Who is Targun? And what did he brew?"

Knight Otu

First Post
Lothé does not seem truly happy to wait longer before he can return to the surface, but does not complain. He appears eager to help the group in any way he might be able too.
silentspace said:
"Who is Targun? And what did he brew?"
"Targun was spell-user of the gang. Brewed potions and stuff like that. Sometimes created magic, such as Lothés' light. Targun must be dead now, but Lothé never found out how before the fungi appeared."

Pbartender

First Post
"Can you take us to the big hall? The sooner we get there, and the more you can tell us about the fungi and bones rats, the sooner we can get you out of here."

Remove ads