• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Pest removal at unusual height and depth

silentspace

First Post
Mintrik pulls his companions to the side for a moment, and asks,

"We're here to clear out the evil that the paladins detected in these sewers, right? But I think our task might have gotten a bit more complicated. How can we tell who's evil here? Do one of you have that ability?"

Knight Otu

First Post
Pbartender said:
"Can you take us to the big hall? The sooner we get there, and the more you can tell us about the fungi and bones rats, the sooner we can get you out of here."
"Sure, Lothé can do that. Hall has two entrances. Short way is this tunnel up, then right, then left. Might contain more fungi and bone rats though. Longer way is left, then twice right. Shall Lothé come along?"

silentspace said:
"We're here to clear out the evil that the paladins detected in these sewers, right? But I think our task might have gotten a bit more complicated. How can we tell who's evil here? Do one of you have that ability?"
Reilin, who remained silent most of the time frowns "If I could have expected this morning that I need to make such a distinction, I could have prepared a spell for that. But we can trust Lothé for now, I think, and from what he says, we have to expect most other inhabitants to be hostile."

Other Guy

First Post
Loskrad considers Mintrik's questions for a moment, "I suppose we'll all just have to be careful before taking actions against anything sentient. I have no way to tell beyond my own instincts, which I must admit are not all that good anyway. We could just try talking to whatever creatures we come across even if it means never catching anything off guard--worked well enough this time. Either way, I think it's best if we pay attention to whatever Lothé might tell us."

Turning to Lothé, Loskrad follows Mintrik's example and offers the elf his waterskin. "Drink some of this. It's fresh water, which I'm guessing you don't get much of down here."

Pbartender

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Reilin, who remained silent most of the time frowns "If I could have expected this morning that I need to make such a distinction, I could have prepared a spell for that. But we can trust Lothé for now, I think, and from what he says, we have to expect most other inhabitants to be hostile."

"Besides," Jack adds, "I think it's pretty obvious that the fungi and bone rats are hostile. Anyone else we're not certain about, we can always bring back and turn over to the Temple."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Shadowlyn simply remians quiet for te most part, letting the others do the talking. She does however go to pick up some of the rat bones and stow them away.

"Well, is this hallway and room in the same direction that we are heading? Prehaps they could be one and the same. However, we should get moving quickly, before more of thos fungi and rats come."

silentspace

First Post
Mintrik nods at the others.

I was wondering if the paladins would detect Lothe as evil. But I guess there's no sense worrying about that now.

"Lothe, could you lead the way?"

Knight Otu

First Post
"Yes, Lothé can do that! Just follow Lothé!"

The party moves on, and at the point where they know the elf's other alarm to be, Lothé warns the party, and they step over it eaily.

Quickly, they reach the end of the current tunnel, which forks to the north-east and the south-east. Lothé looks both ways before saying
"Lothé thinks dog rats on the long way, "pointing north-east, "and maybe fungi and bone rats past the short way, not sure."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"I say we go for the easiest. We have confronted the rats and fungi. But not the dogs. Safe to keep with what we know we can deal with." Shadowlyn peers into the darkness, trying to see if she can spot anything from here or hear anything.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads