Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Owen looks up at the sky, barely concious of having blacked out in the first place, but the sharp throbbing in his side reminds him of his problems. He gropes for his wounds and find Mercurial's hands finishing a quick bandage. He nods a breathless thanks, and staggers to his feet, one hand groping for his sword even as he looks around to see what happened while he was out.

OOC: Not sure how dropping works. I'm prone, I know. Did I also drop what I was holding (like stunned)? What kind of action is it to pick up my sword if I did? Minor? Move?
Move: Stand up.
?:Pick up sword (If needed)
Standard: (If still available) Full Defense (not accounted for in mini stats)

[sblock=mini stat block]Owen Skarlson- Male Half-Orc Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:16, Fort:16, Reflex:13, Will:12 -- Speed:6 (+2 when charging)
HP:7/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/11
Initiative +6
Action Points: 0

Conditions

Powers
Combat Agility, Reaping Strike, Threatening Rush
[-]Furious Assault[/-], [-]Half-Orc Resilience[/-], [-]Second Wind[/-], Spinning Sweep
[-]Flanking Assault[/-]
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Still in the dark as to how things get resolved with Halcyon's turn, but nm, I rolled a miss anyway so I guess nothing's lost. I'll try to be more meticulous, or wait for an update, in future.

GM: Oh, I figured you would have simply attacked the boss instead (and missed with that roll) which is why you are adjacent right now.

Aidan Reed

First Post
Once more, the rogue darts from his hiding place, targets the archer on the roof and fires a bolt at him.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Move to T22. Standard Action: Preparatory Shot: +7 [+2 because I have Combat Advantage]: +9 vs. AC, 6 +2d6 damage and the target grants me combat advantage until the end of his next turn.

I'm not really sure if I have cover from T22, but I'll roll a stealth check, just to be sure[/sblock]

OOC: Edit: I killed it! Sorry for behaving like such a newb and using preparatory shot here, but I didn't think i would roll high enough damage :/

Last edited:

kristoaster

First Post
Dante takes a moment to regain his breath, before steeling himself and stepping towards the hobgoblin extortionist. "ICE to meet you!" he calls, slashing at the creature, laughing inwardly at the surprise he has in store. The githzerai's grin is soon wiped off his face as the hobgoblin knocks aside his sword.

OOC: Standard: Second Wind; +6 HP, +2 def TENT
Move: Shift 1 SW
Minor: Oath of Emnity on Sinruth
AP: Leading Strike; 1d20+7, 1d10+4=[4, 7], [4, 4]

Immediate Interupt if Sinruth hits Dante: Frost Backlash (DM, please roll for this: 1d20+7 vs Reflex, 3d10+4 damage; half on a miss)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: Errr... My bad. Aedan was not up. He already acted this round and can't act again before the archers. The fact the archer had not yet acted since Aedan's last attack should have clued you in... But really it's my responsibility to have the 'Who is up' list be correct so it's really my fault. I really bungled that one; there is three mistake on it!

When I make the 'Who is up' list for an update, I copy/paste a list of all PCs and then erase them as I go through the post that were made. I knew Aedan had acted and had factored in his moves and damage but forgot to erase him from the 'Up list'.

Yishim is on the list for pretty much the same reason; I forgot to edit the list before copy pasting it and then obviously he didn't act since he is gone and so wasn't struck out as I was going through the posts.

And apparently I had missed Queen's post altogether. That's embarassing. Will have to look it up. Sorry.

Therefore, only Owen and Dante were really up after last update and have now acted so it's my turn.

I will have to disregard Aedan's last action altogether. You won't have CA by the time you really get to act (as I mentioned in that XP point comment I gave) because the archer is about to move in a spot where you have no cover from him to stay hidden.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Queen]You can't brace in a doorway. There isn't really a five feet gap in the wall going all the way to the roof. For that matter, the walls aren't really five feet thick!

Limits of the medium...[/sblock]

Shocked by Adean's vicious attack, the Archer turns around and doesn't see the rogue. But with only one place his target could be hiding, the archer turns the corner and finally sees his enemy and sends an arrow in his chest, causing a grievous injury.

The other archers target Artemis and Queen, who is threatening to climb. They are much clumsier than their southern colleagues. They then move back, out of sight to the people on the ground.

The boss swings his chain in a wide ark and nearly slams down both Halcyon and Dante but they hang on.

[sblock=Actions]
Flaming Sphere (1d4+5=8)

Archer south
Bow (with mobile attack) vs Aedan (1d20+7+2=16, 1d10+4=12) hit for 12

Archers North
Archer 1:Artemis 2:Queen (1d20+7=9, 1d10+4=11, 1d20+7=12, 1d10+4=8)
Impressively bad

Swordman
Swordman vs Lenard (1d20+7=11, 1d6+5=6)
Continuing a trend

Boss
Chain Whirlwind (close burst 1) 1:vs Halcyon 2:Dante 3:dmg 4:recharge = 5+ (1d20+8=22, 1d20+8=25, 1d6+4=5, 1d6=2) hit both for 5

Then Shifts back 1
[/sblock]

[sblock=S&S]
Big Boss: 133/185 marked (Dante)
Swordman Q25: 23/40
Archer H19: 16/32 cursed (Art.)
Archer H20: 23/32
Archer South: 12/32

Aedan: 5/27 AP spent
Artemis Hark: 3/24 -1H
Dante: 9/27 +2 def SW&AP used
Gilgamesh: 22/26 -1H +2 defenses TENT, SW spent
Halcyon: 4 /29 AP&SW spent
Lenard: 13/28 Ap spent
Mercurial: 12/24 -2H, AP&SW spent
Mikara: 3/39, AP spent, Hidden
Owen: 7/28 AP&SW spent, +2 def
Queen: 20/30 WS
Sound of Stone: 5/24 AP&SW spent

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Wyrmling
Perception 14
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire ElementalHP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
Perception 11
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
Perception 10
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Swordmen
Perception 12
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round6-1.jpg
    Round6-1.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of Stone dashes back from around the corner, closing on the swordsman standing amongst the group. As he gets up to his target, he plants his spear in the ground and uses the leverage to launch himself into the air, feet first into the face of the swordsman.

The blow is weak, but the swordsman still staggers backwards from the blow. Landing lightly, he lashes out with his spear, cracking the swordsman across the knees. The swordsman stumbles forwards again towards the Thrikreen and his vicious claws.

OOC: Flurry of Blows, 4 pts damage and slide back to P25

Last edited:

Remove ads