Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the delay folks. I had been hoping Ata would be able to post his IC arrival, but it seems his connection problems may be continuing. I PM'ed him a couple days ago but it looks like he hasn't been on in the last few days. If he hasn't posted by tomorrow, I'll NPC him for now until he shows up. One way or another, the Bloody Wake will sail out tomorrow at the latest. :cool:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Alex arrives at the ship finally, apologizing for his delay. With the last crew member aboard, Captain Azrael finally gives word to throw off the ropes keeping us dockside and head out into the sea. Soon after, the sails are unfurled and the Bloody Wake skims over the waves as the sea birds call out and fly around the ship. Before long, the birds are left behind and you are headed out into the deep sea following the directions to Redblade's warehouse.

Hours later in the middle of the sea, the ship suddenly lurches to one side and slows down drastically! Captain Azrael yells quickly for the sailors to look for signs of a reef or whirlpool.

OOC: I need a Perception check from each PC. I've gone ahead and rolled for Alex: Perception check (1d20+4=20)

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire, as usual, is talking, telling an amusing story about a one-time client of Madame Ketratek's, who, after failing to perform, stormed out of the building promising to have the place shut down by the merchants of Bacarte. "But 'e'd left so fast, 'e fergot the big locked satchel 'e was carryin'. After we got done havin' a good laugh at the lock, we naturally looked inside. There was the usual business papers an' such, but in a 'hidden' pocket -- that bulged out like a minotaur's tights, if ye know what I mean -- what did we find but a pouch full o' fake platinum coins. Bad fakes, too; paint flakes started fallin' off when we poured 'em out. When he came back, hollerin' an' callin' us thieves -- Say, Alex, what's got you all distracted? Ye look like ye've seen Kartharath's mama in yer bathtub."

ooc: perception 11

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Sitting on his bucket, the small gob spent his time humming different snatches of sea shanties, calling up small gusts of wind, and what not. Occasionally, someone would need a hand on deck and he'd scurry over. But for the most part, he just stat there as sailors came by and rubbed his head for good luck.

When the lurch came, it caught Dang't offguard. Knocked off his perch, he's below the eye line a moment before he stands up—the bucket now plainly on his head and blinding him.

Dark! Dark it is! Bad magic made dark!

OOC: Perception 4

The Digger

First Post
"Line from the Gamblers to upper quadrant of Dragon - cursed dragon, we get her soon!" Girth's astrological scratchings were disrupted by his spitting out of curses about the group's draconic nemesis. With difficulty he managed to get his emotions under control by taking out his new magical rod and kissing it reverently.

"Soon, my beauty, we gets our revenge, yes?"

But just as he started to put away the rod, the ship lurched and rolled him across the deck, off balance due to his momentary inattention.

"What the...?"

[sblock=OOC]Perception 11: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2163053/[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Dang't and Beyrk don't pick up on it, but Alex, Quagmire, Girth, and Hrav notice something unusual.
[sblock=DC 10 Perception check]You notice a glow from the front deck of the ship. In fact, Girth's carved sigils are glowing a bright green and actually spinning in a circle like a compass pointing out a direction. And the direction it is pointing is the same direction that the ship is lurching towards.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Heads up, lads. Looks like we're fixin' to earn our pay. Again." Quagmire checks his weapons and moves forward toward the front deck, looking around for danger.

Remove ads