Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

garyh

First Post
Hrav breathes a sigh of relief as the ship settles down and returns to normal.

[sblock=SHOPPING!]With his retroactive DM Credit Time Gold, Hrav has purchased a Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1 (neck slot, +1 fort/ref/will, may use two surges when using second wind while bloodied) and a Belt of Vigor (heroic tier) (+1 to healing surge value).

Hrav just got much more durable! :)

My stat block below is updated as is my character sheet.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 18, Low-Light Vision
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 19, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 11, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind (Item: may use two surges when bloodied)
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Handspring Assault
Acidic Rapier Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Captain Azrael nervously looks at the maps Girth gives him before responding. "Well, lemme see here. Where it was tryin' to point to we can't say fer sure since the sails were still fighting against whatever way yer magic was tryin' ta pull us. But I'd say we're right around ... here... on this map ya got." Azrael points out a spot south of the Isle of Daunton on the map where there is a hole in the paper.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Dang't hops up an down, scrutinizing the map. Dang't know map stuff. Lemme see!

OOC: Sailor boy has Nature (which is know Kn: Geography as well). 13 Not great....

The Digger

First Post
Girth beamed over at Alex "Sure nuff" he grunted, his Allarian idiom improving by the day "We always in hole are. Sure you know that."

He turned to Dang't and watched as he studied the map. "Important this be. Maybe big treasure we find now. Then maybe Redblade not so important. " His hand dropped to the rod at his waist. "Maybe dragon hunting be better."

All of a sudden his carefree demenour changed to an icy silence.

[sblock=Ata](Glosses) Modern Greek from online translator but my old university era Greek lexicon gives the same word. But since I haven't done Greek since 1978, and I only did 4 terms, I wouldn't necessarily take my word for it![/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Dang't looks at the maps and sees nothing but a standard map of Daunton and the other near isles with various small holes punched in them here and there. The various maps all look mostly the same other than the placement of the holes.

Captain Azrael says to Girth "I'm not bein' so sure I like some magic steerin' me ship like that. And what makes ye think that yer magic runes and such would lead ye to yer dragon hunting? And as fer Redblade waiting till later, the man himself might. But he's too well connected not to hear about our return to Daunton very soon. He'd be putting things together and know that we have the info on his hiding place. If we don't get there before that, he'll just move all the good plunder somewhere else and our chance be lost."

Phoenix8008

First Post
The ship sails onward and a few hours later you see an island in the distance. Not one of the near isles, its too small. As you draw nearer, you see that it is just big enough to house a walled fortress. The only entrance appears to be a gatehouse near the docks. Azrael and the crew expertly pilot the Bloody Wake up to a quick stop at the docks as the party gets itself ready to fight. As the ship stops and lines are secured to the dock, a few elves come walking out of the gatehouse followed by two wolves with bony protrusions sticking out of their fur in places.

The dock runs back to a stone wall with stairs coming down from the level above to the dock. Some boxes and crates sit on the dock between the steps at the base of the wall. Off the dock on either side is a short drop to a sandy beach. The wolves have scampered down the steps while the elves hold the high ground at the top. Two of them have swords in hand while the other two hold bows. Behind the elves stands the gatehouse with its tall doors still open. One of the elves shouts out to you "Are you here to pick up the prisoner?" while another scrutinizes the ship and the crew before saying to the other elves "They aren't Imperials! That's the Bloody Wake! I've heard about them and they shouldn't be here. Get them!"

With that, the scouts spring into action and move carefully down the steps. Each holds a longsword and shortsword in its hands, spinning them with a flourish while waiting for a target to approach.

-Scouts did their first turn moving down the steps and readying an attack.

-Dang't is next...

[sblock=Round 1 Init/Status]23 - Elf Scout 1
23 - Elf Scout 2
22 - Dang't (27/27 hp)
21 - Elf Archer 1
21 - Elf Archer 2
18 - Alex (47/47 hp)
17 - Quagmire (36/36 hp)
14 - Wolf 1
14 - Wolf 2
14 - Beyrk (30/30 hp)
11 - Hrav (41/41 hp)
11 - Girth (40/40 hp)[/sblock]
attachment.php

OOC: The steps and the crates on the dock count as difficult terrain during combat so they cost double to move through.

Init for Quagmire, Hrav, Dang't, Alex, Beyrk, and Girth (1d20+7=17, 1d20+6=11, 1d20+6=22, 1d20+4=18, 1d20+4=14, 1d20+4 =11)

Attachments

• RR1 Dock.JPG
    RR1 Dock.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 233

stonegod

Dang't smiles and gleefully stomps forward, electricty gathering around him. Standing in the middle of the pier, he spins towards one of the wolves and yells, BOOM! But he's too exuberant, and the thunder washes above the wolf, instead of pushing it aside.

OOC: Move to AC9. Thunder Slam: Miss. Le sigh.
[sblock=Dang't]Dang't—Male Goblin Storm Sorcerer 1
Initiative: +4, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 14, Fort: 12, Reflex: 15, Will: 16 — Speed: 6
HP: 27/27, Bloodied: 13, Surge: 6, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Storm Walk
Chaos Bolt

Thunder Slam
Lightning Breath
Goblin Tactics

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post

Attachments

• RR1 Dock 2.JPG
    RR1 Dock 2.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

stonegod

OOC: Actually, one missed due to Chaos Burst (I rolled an even for my attack, so Dang't's AC is actually 15 this round. Also, Dang't is resistant to Fire from Wild Soul. Forgot I'm not a Storm sorcerer yet. Still down 9hp.

Remove ads