• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

The Digger

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Girth will be at H26 ready to attack at distance and then nip behind boxes or move forward and get concealment depending on the situation.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Okay. Holiday break is wrapped up and I can start moving again. Hope you all had a good holiday season and are as ready to get rolling again on this as I am. If things are slow for a bit, I understand as not everyone gets done with the holidays at the same time. I'm going to get this post started, but its a big one to start off this fight so please wait till I give the all clear to start posting actions.[/sblock]
***Warning! Work in Progress! Please wait to post till after this warning is removed!***

OOC: Okay, this should all be ready to roll. Go for it you guys! As usual, I'll give everybody a few days to post an action before stepping in to NPC. Maybe even an extra day or so since we're around the holidays.

[sblock=Map]
attachment.php
[/sblock]
The doors are pulled open from the outside to reveal a force of sweat and soot stained dwarves, one of which rides atop a large dire wolf big as any horse you've ever seen or imagined. On either side of the monstrous wolf and rider is a dwarf wielding a hammer and shield. Further back, two female dwarves hold large crossbows pointed at the doorway.

[sblock=Initiatives]Initiatives for Quagmire(+8), Hrav(+8), Girth(+9), Dang't(+7), Beyrk(+5), Kauldron(+4) and Bad Guys(+5 averaged) with Quagmire's Combat Leader bonus already added in. (1d20+8=27, 1d20+8=20, 1d20+9=20, 1d20+7=25, 1d20+5=11, 1d20+4=15, 1d20+5=10)
Quagmire 27
Dang't 25
Hrav 20
Girth 20
Kauldron 15
Beyrk 11
Bad Guys 10

Holy Moly! You all totally beat them on initiative!! Well, once I've got everything ready to go, you all will be able to post in whatever order you want before the bad guys get to go.[/sblock][sblock=Status]Party current/total HP's, [current/total HS's], conditions (* if already acted)
Hrav: 40/46, [6/8]
Quagmire: 41/41, [7/9]
Girth: 45/45, [9/10]
Dang't: 32/32, [7/8]
Beyrk: 35/35, [9/11]
Kauldron: 29/29, [10/12]

Milestones: 1.5 today (1 AP awarded)

Enemy current(future)/total HP's/conditions:
Dwarf Hammerer 1: 64/64
Dwarf Hammerer 2: 64/64
Dwarf Hammerer 3: 64/64
Dwarf Bolter 1: 46/46
Dwarf Bolter 2: 46/46
Dire Wolf: 67/67[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]Dwarf Hammerer Level 5 Soldier
Medium natural humanoid XP 200
Initiative +4 Senses Perception +4; low-light vision
HP 64; Bloodied 32
AC 23; Fortitude 18, Reflex 15, Will 17
Saving Throws +5 against poison effects
Speed 5
:bmelee: Warhammer (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+11 vs. AC; 1d10 + 3 damage.
:melee: Shield Bash (minor; recharge :5::6: )
+9 vs. Fortitude; 2d6 + 3 damage, and the target is knocked
prone or pushed 1 square (dwarf hammerer’s choice).
:ranged: Throwing Hammer (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
Ranged 5/10; +10 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.
Stubborn (immediate interrupt, when an enemy tries to push the
dwarf hammerer or knock it prone; at-will)
The hammerer makes a melee basic attack against the enemy.
Stand Your Ground
When an effect forces a dwarf to move—through a pull, a push, or
a slide—the dwarf moves 1 square less than the effect specifies.
When an attack would knock the dwarf prone, the dwarf can roll
a saving throw to avoid falling prone.
Alignment Any Languages Common, Dwarven
Skills Dungeoneering +11, Endurance +5
Str 17 (+5) Dex 10 (+2) Wis 14 (+4)
Con 16 (+5) Int 11 (+2) Cha 12 (+3)
Equipment plate armor, heavy shield, warhammer, 3 throwing
hammers

Dwarf Bolter Level 4 Artillery
Medium natural humanoid XP 175
Initiative +5 Senses Perception +8; low-light vision
HP 46; Bloodied 23
AC 17; Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 14
Saving Throws +5 against poison eff ects
Speed 5
:bmelee: Warhammer (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+8 vs. AC; 1d10 + 2 damage.
:ranged: Crossbow (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +10 vs. AC; 1d8 + 3 damage.
Aimed Shot
The dwarf bolter gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls and deals an
extra 1d6 damage with ranged attacks against creatures that
don’t have cover.
Stand Your Ground
When an eff ect forces a dwarf to move—through a pull, a
push, or a slide—the dwarf moves 1 square less than the eff ect
specifi es. When an attack would knock the dwarf prone, the
dwarf can roll a saving throw to avoid falling prone.
Alignment Unaligned Languages Common, Dwarven
Skills Dungeoneering +10, Endurance +7
Str 14 (+4) Dex 16 (+5) Wis 12 (+3)
Con 16 (+5) Int 11 (+2) Cha 10 (+2)
Equipment chainmail, warhammer, crossbow with 20 bolts

Dire Wolf Level 5 Skirmisher
Large natural beast (mount) XP 200
Initiative +7 Senses Perception +9; low-light vision
HP 67; Bloodied 33
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16
Speed 8
:bmelee: Bite (standard; at-will)
+10 vs. AC; 1d8 + 4 damage, or 2d8 + 4 damage against a prone
target.
Combat Advantage
The dire wolf gains combat advantage against a target that has
one or more of the dire wolf’s allies adjacent to it. If the dire
wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is also
knocked prone on a hit.
Pack Hunter (while mounted by a friendly rider of 5th level or
higher; at-will) ✦ Mount
The dire wolf’s rider gains combat advantage against an enemy if
it has at least one ally other than its mount adjacent to the target.
Alignment Unaligned Languages
Str 19 (+6) Dex 16 (+5) Wis 14 (+4)
Con 19 (+6) Int 5 (–1) Cha 11 (+2)[/sblock]

Attachments

• Forge fight 1.JPG
    Forge fight 1.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron looks up as the double doors swing open. His eyes growing wide.*

Holy crud! That`s a big one.

*He looks up and over to the large bugbear beside him.*

Oi, cousin. I`ll deak right, you split left. We`ll pincher this sucker.

*He nods, as a bellow of smoke flumes out of his mask. He chuckles with a hint of madness before hunkering down and bolting forwards. He calls out to the large heavily armored Dwarf to his right with a heavy planar accent.*

Oi, yee fat bastard! Get out of the way! Why don`t yee just go home and get drunk some place else.

*As he bolts forwards, he tosses his heavy shield to the floor ahead of himself. Them using it`s momentum dives upon it and slips right through the dwarf`s legs. The hammerer muttering as the goblin taunts him. He slams his hammer down attempting to swash the little goblin, only to just barely knick him in the shoulder. The air ringing out with a subtle clang as hammer knicks plate. Kauldron chuckles and rolls to his feet on the other side of the hammer, now next to the giant wolf as well.*

That all you got lad? Thought you dwarven lot were tough. HA! Nothin but, school girls in dresses I tells yee.

*Kauldron swins his blade and lunges forwards at the wolf`s exposed legs. His blade jolts to life and crackles with divine energy.*

WITH THIS BLADE I ENVOKE THE POWER OF FIRE AND CONSUME ALL IN IT`S MADNESS!!!

*With a resounding BOOM, the blade falls short, the wolf to agile. It slams into the floor. The divine energy crackling against the floor then fading away into nothing. Kauldron chuckles aloud. His eyes looking up to the large beast of burden.*

Well played.

*He bellows out against blast of smoke. Twisting his blade once again in his hand. Then with a lightning quick back hand, slashes once again at the mighty beast. The wolf once again far to fast for the little goblin kettle. Kauldron steps back and smirks.*

Rather quick beast are yee? Do not worry I will put yee down eventually and when I does. Yee shall make a fine cloak indeed.

*He chuckles again as he eyes the wolf directly.*

This challenge is on, now!

[sblock=Dwarf Hammerer OA]Dwarf Hammerer
Warhammer Basic Attack

[sblock=Actions]Move: H20 > G20 > F19 > G18
Standard: Valorous Smite on Wolf.

Action Point: Enfeebling Strike on Wolf.

Minor: Divine Challenge Wolf.

• Effect: If the Wolf does not attack Kauldron, he takes 7 radiant damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:20, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:5
HP:24/29, Temp HP: 0
Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/12
Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics

Virtuous Strike
Action Point [X]
Channel Divinity [ ]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Valorous Smite [X]
Lay on Hands [ ]
[FONT=&quot]Majestic Halo [ ] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/sblock][/FONT]

[sblock=OOC]Wow, fantastic turn for me. Blah. A roll of 1 followed by an action pointed 2. Yay! Ugh. damnit hate turns like that.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Unable to see any of the newcomers, Dang't hops out of the boxes. His eyes open wide when he sees the big, big wolf. That could eat Dang't all up! Eeep! The hair stands up on his head, but in a moment, everyone realizes its not from fear, but the sudden gusts of wind building around him. Slicing with his dagger, the wind thunders forward, surrounding the goblin paladin like shield—Kauldron himself safe within the eye. The shock of the storm lacerates the dwarves, one staggering around, while the wolf ignores the immediate shock. But the storm rages on, threatening all who surround the knight errant.

Smiling at his work, blue sparks flow down the goblin's arm and through his harmonizing blade, forming into a bolt that flies at the rider, slamming into him with such force it shocks his mount as well! The winds whisk the goblin away and tuck him into some nearby boxes. [sblock=Actions]Move to I22 (losing stealth); doesn't fall. Howling Tempest centered on G18, excluding that square (Targets W, D1, D2, B1): Hits all the dwarves for 20 thunder damage, all of them deafened (save ends). In addition, D2 is slid to G17. All who start their turn within the area (excluding the origin square) take 4 thunder damage at the start of their turn.

AP Action: Lighting Strike vs D1: Crit!, 21 thunder and lightning damage vs D1 and 4 to the wolf. Due to the crit, Dang't flies to J21.[/sblock][sblock=Dang't]Dang't—Male Goblin Storm Sorcerer 2
Initiative: +5, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 15, Fort: 13, Reflex: 16, Will: 17 — Speed: 6
Resist: lightning 5, thunder 5
HP: 32/32, Bloodied: 16, Surge: 8, Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Storm Walk
Lightning Strike

Pinning Bolt[
Howling Tempest
Goblin Tactics
Storm Soul
Sneak Attack
Sorcerous Sirocco

Full character sheet[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Hrav slips into the room between the dwarves and grins at Kauldron from over the dire wolf's shoulder.

"Ha! I think we got this one covered!" the bugbear shouts. He then takes careful aim and plunges Black Death into the hammerer's back before the bearded fool can react. There's a bit of life left in the dwarf, but the booming echo of Dang't's spell promised to snuff that out.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move action - Tumble to J18.

Minor action - Apply Predatory Eye to D1.

Standard action - Piercing Strike against D1.

Piercing Strike vs D1 (CA, SA) (1d20+11+2=25, 1d10+5=7, 2d8+5=14) / Predatory Eye (1d6=1)

Hits Reflex 25 for 21 damage (the 2d8+5 I rolled for my SA should have been 2d8+4, so take 1 off the actual rolls). D1 has taken 62 damage, leaving him with 2 HP, and he takes 4 damage from Dang't's spell at the start of his turn.

He's dead. He just doesn't know it yet. ;)[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga - Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 5
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 18, Low-Light Vision
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 19, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
HP: 40/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge Value: 12, Surges left: 6/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Clever Strike
Piercing Strike

Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind (Item: may use two surges when bloodied)
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Downward Spiral
Handspring Assault

Acidic Rapier Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Perhaps I'm a little too cautious. Beyrk thought to himself seeing all his companions way on in the front and in the open for the most part. He wandered out from behind the stack of crates making it look like he'd just taken a leak rather than you know show cowardice or anything like that. He stops beside Girth and says, "He ah, he looks a little big from this angle don't he. What say we take him down a peg or two."

Beyrk then shouts out across the battlefield towards the pushed dwarf some derogatory remark about goblins and the dwarf's mother.

[sblock=ooc]
Actions:
Start: n/a
Minor:
Move: move to I26
Standard:misdirected mark vs. D2 Refl (15) (1d20+6=24, 1d8+5=12) = hit, 12 dmg. marked by Kauldron.
End:
[sblock=stat block]Beyrk Verkunder - Male Hobgoblin Bard 2
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 12, Low-Light Vision
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 13, Will: 17 - Speed: 5
HP: 35/35, Bloodied: 17, Surge Value: 8; Surges left: 9/11
Action Points: 1

Powers:
Misdirected Mark
Warsong Strike

Hobgoblin Resilience
Majestic Word 2
Words of Friendship
Shout of Triumph

Slayer's Song
Canon of Avoidance
[/sblock][/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
"Truth you speak, Master Beryk, big he certainly is. And down we must bring him, and all the others."

With those words Girth darted forward to the doorway and cursed the wolf in a language so graphic that even some of his friends quailed at the words used. Then, without a pause, he unleashed a freezing blast of dark air straight into the face of the Dire Wolf.

"Like you this, o hairy one?" he tittered before almost disappearing in the shadows cast by the adjacent crates.

[sblock=OOC] Frigid Darkness 21 vs Fort. Damage 11. Roll Lookup
The wolf grants Combat Advantage till end of Girth's next turn. And takes -2 penalty to AC.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

Girth Snowbird- male half elf Warlock (Star Pact) Level 4
Passive Perception: +12, Passive Insight: +19
AC:16, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:18 - Speed:6
HP:45/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:10/10
Initiative +7: Action Points:1/1, Second Wind:0/1
Feats: Improved Fate of the Void; Distant Advantage; Improved Fate of the Void

Powers:-Eldritch Blast: Dire Radiance
Vampiric Embrace: Scorching Burst: Frigid Darkness
Dread Star
Ethereal Stride
[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Digger roll another d6 for damage on the Dire Wolf, you forgot to throw in your curse damage into that calculation.

I`am guessing your in square H20 as well to be able to curse the wolf and not the Dwarf Hammerer to the left of the entryway.

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire is nearly left behind as his allies explode into action. "Well, that's surely a job well started, mates," he booms cheerfully, swinging down off the barrels with an easy step. With a piercing yell, he raises his sword and charges the wolf, but stumbles over an uneven floorboard, sending his stroke well short of the huge beast. "Oops," he rumbles, still grinning a wide-tusked grin.

[sblock=ooc]Wow, you guys rock.

First, Kauldron regains 8 HP WOULD HAVE regained 8 HP for using an AP within sight of Quagmire, except I think he didn't have LOS to Quagmire when he used it. Dang. Ah, well; something to keep in mind for future APs.

Thinking out loud: If garyh is right, D1 is effectively down. The wolf looks nasty; I wouldn't mind dropping him next. Of course, D2 and B1 are also good candidates, having taken more damage than the wolf. Ah, I know!

Quagmire charges the dire wolf, going to H19, using the Vanguard Longsword's daily power (can use another daily power, I think, due to the milestone), which on a hit will give +1 to hit and +4 to damage to allies.... natural 1. Never mind... The way I read the power, it looks like it's expended even if you miss. Bummer.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads