• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

Darksteed

First Post
Ahh gods...*Said as Kauldron lays upon his back sputtering out blood to add to his other pool. He groans and rolls back to his knees unsteadily.*....damn I'm starting to hate this group.

*He chuckles to himself and pulls himself back up to his feet. The howling winds around him, make his splitting headache even worse. He coughs out more blood, staggering back and forth. Looking to the badly injured dwarf. He smirks.* This be it my friend, your fate is now.

*He darts forwards using his shield to slap the defending hammer out of the way, giving him an opening to plunge his blade in deep into the dwarf's heart. Though it was a grand strike for him, it would not be enough to pierce the dwarf's plate. Instead it just gets lodged in between the hammerers plate. Kauldron groans as his weakened stat attempts to pry the blade back out. With a firm yank he flies backwards and slids to a halt upon his feet. He chuckles and looks to the hammerer.* Oops....perhaps I be a little hasty upon that remark.

*He breaths heavily, now nearly expended.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Stand from Prone (In F17)
Standard: Enfeebling Strike on B1

Minor Action: Divine Challenge on D2

• Effect: D2 is Marked by Kauldron, and if the D2 does not attack Kauldron, he takes 7 radiant damage. [/sblock]

[sblock=Kauldron]Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:20, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:5
HP:8/29, Temp HP: 0
Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:9/12
Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics

Virtuous Strike
Action Point [X]
Channel Divinity [X]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Valorous Smite [X]
Lay on Hands [ ]
[FONT=&quot]Majestic Halo [ ] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/sblock]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: You are correct on both accounts Phoenix. Yes the Hammerer had only taken 57 damage leaving him with 7 HP at the start of his turn (before he takes the 4 thunder from the Howling Tempest), and yeah no deafening after the effect. That was my bad. Sorry about that. Was thinking of an entirely different power lol.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, I misread the hitpoints. So its up, until I kill it. ;)[/sblock]Casually, Dang't blasts the dwarf with another shock of lightning, blasting through the hole in the armor Kauldron opened up. The dwarf staggers a moment, then falls. The little goblin then hustles around the corner after the dwarf. [sblock=Actions]Standard to blast the D2: Its dead. Move to L22.[/sblock] [sblock=Dang't]Dang't—Male Goblin Storm Sorcerer 2
Initiative: +5, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 15, Fort: 13, Reflex: 16, Will: 17 — Speed: 6
Resist: lightning 5, thunder 5
HP: 32/32, Bloodied: 16, Surge: 8, Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Storm Walk
Lightning Strike

Pinning Bolt[
Howling Tempest
Goblin Tactics
Storm Soul
Sneak Attack
Sorcerous Sirocco

Full character sheet[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I don't see how we prevent the bolter from fleeing, except maybe by getting lucky and dropping it this round with high damage. Who's left to go, just Quagmire and Girth? Oh, and Beyrk. Any ideas?

Phoenix8008

First Post
ooc: I don't see how we prevent the bolter from fleeing, except maybe by getting lucky and dropping it this round with high damage. Who's left to go, just Quagmire and Girth? Oh, and Beyrk. Any ideas?
OOC: If need be, I will extend the map if anyone is right on its heels. Remember that it has a regular speed of 5, so double running gives it a move of 14 in one round. Anybody with a speed of 6 could go 16 and catch up eventually. Just a matter of who it might reach first...

Darksteed

First Post
OOC; As the group sits right now. Quagmire can easily get to the Dwarf nd even run to her opposite side with no OA a she is carrying a crossbow. That would block off her escape, then Beyrk could move in with a move and charge or simply double move that would pin her in inbetween the pair of you. Now if she wanted to leave again she would have to take at least one OA from Quagmire (If he did move in to pin her in that is). Girth can move and get a shot off no problems, even curse her well he`s at it heh.

Just my tactical two cents for pinning her down.

Erekose13

Explorer
As Harv fells the Dwarf, Beyrk shouts, "Nice one!"

Beyrk shouts to Kauldron again encouraging him to get up. He just hopes he can hear his encouraging words through the storm. Then moves faster than any fat man should as he tears around the corner and moves past the bolter. But he completely fumbles with his weapon when he gets there.
[sblock=ooc]
Actions:
Prior to turn: Virtue of Valor on Harv = +5 temp hit points and +2 dmg
Start: n/a
Minor: Majestic Word on Kauldron. Use HS +5 hit points and +5 temp hit points and slide to G18
Move: Move to L21
Standard: charge atk vs. BS AC 17 (1d20+5=7, 1d8=8) = miss
End: n/a

[sblock=stat block]Beyrk Verkunder - Male Hobgoblin Bard 2
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 12, Low-Light Vision
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 13, Will: 17 - Speed: 5
HP: 35/35, Bloodied: 17, Surge Value: 8; Surges left: 9/11
Action Points: 1

Powers:
Misdirected Mark
Warsong Strike
Virtue of Valor

Hobgoblin Resilience
Majestic Word 2
Words of Friendship
Shout of Triumph

Slayer's Song
Canon of Avoidance
[/sblock][/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
So full was he of his Lady's power that Girth was only able to walk sedately around the corner after the bolting bolter. Eldritch energy crackled from every pore of his body as he stalked the remaining dwarf.

When the fleeing enemy came in sight Girth raised his rod to shoulder level, his arm shaking with the effort, and a bolt of readiant energy shot down the corridor to impact on the last dwarf.

[sblock=OOC]Move to L20. Dread Star vs Will.
Roll Lookup 9 to hit PLUS 4 for slain Cursed enemies since Girth's last turn PLUS 1 for Improved Fate of the Void = 14 to hit - success. Damage 9 + 2 (Curse damage - Roll Lookup = 11 radiant damage and target is immobilized.[/sblock]

"Now, friends" he said in a shaky voice "Have at her!"

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron breaths in a deep breath of his cigar smake. Sighing with relief as Beyrk's inspiring words sink in. He perks up and looks over to the other rushing members of his party. Calling out to them in Goblinoid.*

Oi Lads! Keep her alive! We could pull information from the stunty!

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock]Just waiting on Quagmire. This close to the end of the battle, I'd hate to NPC anybody. I'll give him till tomorrow morning to post. (That would be about 24 hours from this post for those not having morning at the same time as east coast USA. ;))[/sblock]

Remove ads