Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Slightly confused... What do we want her to tell us?

If I understand the situation correctly, we've explored a fair chunk of the island, found a bunch of bulky cargo that's of more use to Azrael than to us, and a barred room that we haven't been able to get into yet. Our natural objectives would seem to be 1) get into that barred room, and 2) explore the rest of the building.

We chased down the dwarf mostly to keep her from sounding an alarm and bringing reinforcements. Quagmire offered to let her live, not so much because he wanted her to talk, but because he didn't see her as a threat (except in that she might get away and sound an alarm) and he is nominally Good-aligned, after all.

I mean, I suppose we can ask her what other forces are on the island, how to get into the barred room, where Redblade keeps the good booze, and so forth, but that seems a little forced. We haven't really seriously tried to get into the locked room, for example, and it seems like we would at least try taking 20 on thievery, or banging at the bars for a while with hammers, before getting around to an interrogation.

[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Slightly confused... What do we want her to tell us?

If I understand the situation correctly, we've explored a fair chunk of the island, found a bunch of bulky cargo that's of more use to Azrael than to us, and a barred room that we haven't been able to get into yet. Our natural objectives would seem to be 1) get into that barred room, and 2) explore the rest of the building.

We chased down the dwarf mostly to keep her from sounding an alarm and bringing reinforcements. Quagmire offered to let her live, not so much because he wanted her to talk, but because he didn't see her as a threat (except in that she might get away and sound an alarm) and he is nominally Good-aligned, after all.

I mean, I suppose we can ask her what other forces are on the island, how to get into the barred room, where Redblade keeps the good booze, and so forth, but that seems a little forced. We haven't really seriously tried to get into the locked room, for example, and it seems like we would at least try taking 20 on thievery, or banging at the bars for a while with hammers, before getting around to an interrogation.

[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]True, there isn't anything earthshaking that you are in dire need of knowing... as far as you know. You can totally throw this out of the window and autofail if you don't want to question her. Some had mentioned asking questions of her to find out some intel. In order to do that, she's going to have to be coerced at this point. She's gone through the fight and flight reflex and right through the despair of losing what may have been family or at least good friends. Now she's feeling like there's nothing else to lose and has some steel in her spine, being stubborn about talking.

So if you don't want to question her, then don't. That's fine. But if you want any info she may have, then this is the prerequisite to getting it.[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Girth wandered back to the others with his arms full of loot.

"Good stuff, I find. Maybe more there is somewhere."

He noticed the stoic dwarf and the angry gleam in Hrav's eyes. "She not speak, no? Why you be gentle? You kill others, no reason see I to not kill this one."

He dropped the loot on the floor, being more careful with the humming sword, grabbed his dagger and shoved it roughly against the dwarf's throat.

"You not worry about death? Maybe you worry how much of you I leave. First I take eyes, then ears, then... No maybe I leave one ear so you hear screaming."

"But maybe we leave you intact and you able to bury friends and tell their story - BUT YOU TALK!"

The warlock grabbed the dwarf's hair and held the dagger against her eye. "You say who else here, where they be, and how get into barred room. I count 1...2..."

[sblock=OOC]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2372690/ Initimidate 26:[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron sighs and stands back up to his feet. Wondering down the long hallway and to the dwarven female. He moves to the front of her. Crouching down to be level with her. He reaches up and pulls his mask off the front of his helm, revealing an unusual feature for a goblin. His skin coloration was a crimson red. He smiles to her charmingly.*

Lass, pay no heed to the large one. He is simply doing his job my dear.

*He reaches forwards and gently brushes a stray hair out of her face.*

You see about your dwarven friends there, we did not wish to fight them in the least. He have simply come for some goods that were taken from us by your boss it seems. So really this is all bad business in my eyes.

I know you wish to go home to your family and loved ones. I and arrange that for you. If you tell me just where your master keeps the good loot he would steal and just whom you were running to go alert.

Tell me this and I will garantee your save journey home.

*He continues to smile warmly and charmingly.*

[sblock=Good Cop]Diplomacy 1d20+9 → [7,9] = (16) [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Dang't, watching the others alternatively cajole, threaten, or sympathize with the dwarf, sits on a nearby crate. They were we all asking about weird things, like treasure. The other goblin had it partly right, asking about the others on the island. But Dang't knew what the captain would want. Two simple questions. And he know what he'd want to hear if he was tied up and surrounded. Because he had been a few times.

Hey, dwarf lady. Captain A is pretty good capt'n, he is. Dang't say so. All he wants is his stuff and know where that scallywag Redblade be. Just tell us and Cap't will take care of you nice and good.

Sure, it wasn't the truth. But, really, who spoke the truth amongst pirates and thieves anyway? All you had to do is be convincing...

OOC: Bluff 16

covaithe

Explorer
"Hey, now. Calm down, there, Girth," Quagmire speaks sharply, easing the knife away from the dwarf's throat. "We're not murderers. There's no need to go killin' helpless folk."

Turning to the dwarf, he addresses her kindly. "And that goes for you, too, miss. We've got business to clear up with Redblade, it's true. But there ain't no need for anyone else to die. If we were to find our way to where he keeps the good stuff, and not encounter any more guards on the way, well, chances are some good folks will be alive tomorrow that might otherwise not make it. In fact, if you could help us out with that, I'd be grateful enough to go check on your friends, out there. If we can avoid more fighting, could be we might have some spare healing. Some of 'em we could maybe save, if we get there quick enough. But I'd need your help to do that."

ooc: Quagmire is sincere in his offer to try to heal the fallen dwarves if she helps. Diplomacy 26.

Erekose13

Explorer
Beyrk rumbles over and laughs as Girth intimidates the dwarf. "Ah come now we can all be friends. Let you go and all that. Just tell like my friend here said," pointing to Quagmire, "tell us where the others are and oh how about how to get into the back room there eh?"

ooc: use Words of Friendship as a minor in which case a roll is silly but here you go diplomacy (1d20+16=20)

Darksteed

First Post
*He smiles to the Dwarf still crouched down in front of her.*

Now come my dear, you see some of us goblin types can be rather civil when needed. So why not save yourself and your friends some more grief and just tell us what we need to know. Hmmm?

[sblock=Diplomacy]Diplomacy 1d20+9 → [18,9] = (27) [/sblock]

Remove ads