Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Yes, it does me no good any longer to hold my tongue." the dwarf maiden says. "The key you found will unlock the doors to the treasure chamber inside the warehouse. But that is mostly cheap stuff really. Some value I'm sure, but it's a decoy to keep anyone from looking for the real treasure. The real treasure room is behind a secret door within one of the cells of the dungeon below ground. As far as other guards go, there are some humans led by a mage in the library just beyond the fountain room. Beyond that is Redblade's quarters where the stairs to the lower level can be found. That's all I know, now can we check if any of my comrades can be saved?" she asks the group.

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire nods. "Thanks, mate. I'll check 'em over right now. Mutt, Kauldron, wanna help me out?" He goes to look over the bodies.

ooc: Here's a few heal checks, in case it's relevant: 8, 9, 11, 9. Huh. Well, I suppose I can't expect better, for an untrained skill where my attribute mod is -1. Quagmire still had one inspiring word left, which he'll use if it could keep one of them alive.

Phoenix8008

First Post
You do manage to save one of the dwarves who was on the verge of passing away. When you finish helping him, he is stable and resting comfortably but he won't wake till later. The dwarven woman thanks you for your efforts as she gently picks up her companion and moves him to someplace more out of the way.

With the information you now possess, what is your next move?

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Check out the treasure room in the warehouse, I guess. Even if it's just the cheap stuff, there might be something useful there. Then, assault the library with the mage? We'll need to go through Redblade's room to get to the dungeons and the good loot, it looks like. I don't think we need an extended rest yet, do we? We're running low-ish on daily resources, but we've still got a reasonable number of surges. I'd think if we were to rest now, we'd lose the initiative, and things would get harder.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Oh, and we should probably check the other rooms on this floor before going down, just to make sure we're not leaving any foes at our backs. Or valuables un-plundered.

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: I agree with you as well Cov. A couple of us still have dailies left as well as the majority of us have over half our surges left. Though I'm going through mine like they were candy lol. Searching the other rooms as well as possibly going back to the Captain after we clear out the Library. He and his crew can go through the rooms with the cheap loot and take what they want or need, well we deal with the dungeon below.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Actually, there are no other rooms on this floor unexplored except for the library and Redblade's quarters.

Going back through the warehouse, you come again to the locked door leading into the barred off "treasure room". Unlocking the door with the key which the dwarf had on him, you are immediately bathed in the golden glow of a room full of treasure. While the gold chalices, jewelry, and piles of coins that overflow from the shelves look nice at first, you quickly realize that it is mostly costume jewelry and gold plated items while the pile of coins is all silver.

All told, the "treasure horde" here is worth 270 gp not including the pile of 450 sp in coins.

Remove ads