Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As the bugs go flying, Dang't zaps one with his magic, attempting to catch it mid-air. The bolt strikes where it was instead of where it was going, wasted.[sblock=OOC]Pinning Bolt on KY1: Ref 10 likely misses.[/sblock][sblock=Dang't]Dang't—Male Goblin Storm Sorcerer 2
Initiative: +5, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 15, Fort: 13, Reflex: 16, Will: 17 — Speed: 6
Resist: lightning 5, thunder 5
HP: 37/37, Bloodied: 18, Surge: 9, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1/2, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Storm Walk
Lightning Strike

Pinning Bolt
Dancing Lightning

Howling Tempest
Goblin Tactics
Storm Soul
Sneak Attack
Sorcerous Sirocco

Stormbiter Warblade Dagger +1

Dang't[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Quagmire closes with the insectile foe, trying to relieve some of the pressure on Kauldron, but his attack serves only as a distraction for Hrav to take a better position and Hrav actually hits the kruthik between him and Quagmire.

OOC: (Actually AC15 hits the kruthik young at J12. 8 damage.)
(Quagmire takes 6 damage from kruthik gnashing horde aura x3)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Girth quickly considered the situation surrounding Kaudron and came to a painful decision.

He pointed his rod at the nearest Young and, as his eyes rolled back into his head, he called down a terrible fate upon it. "Curse you, I will. Death follows soon."

Then his eyes snapped open and he called out "Sorry I be, friend Kaudron but light your cigar I must" before summoning up a burst of eldritch flame directly upon the central kruthik. The flames leapt out, licking at the beasts surrounding Kaudron and, unfortunately, at the paladin himself.

OOC: Scorching Burst centered on K11 (K11;K10;J10;J11;J12;K12);
To hit 14;14;10;19;23;12

I used the hit rolls given in the order the targets were listed above. This leaves Kauldron untouched and J11 and J12 taking 3 damage each. Warlock's Curse damage on Kruthik Young @J12 (1d6=4) kills it.
Kauldron chuckles heartedly as the flames of Girth's scorching burst engulfs and lashes out around himself. He grins as he enjoys the sudden warmth.

"Oi! Thanks for the light Girth."

Taking a long draw from his cigar. and bellowing another blast of cigar smoke about himself. Now suddenly refreshed from the warmth. He twirls his blade within his hand then lashes out at one of the kruthik with a wave of holy fire before taking a step back.

"Come and get me."

He taunts one of them to continue after him.

OOC: Since I'm ruling that Girth finished off the J12 Kruthik, I'll assume Kauldron targeted J11 instead, still missed with an attack roll of 1, but the Divine Challenge sticks.

(Kauldron takes 2 damage from kruthik gnashing horde aura x1)
Beyrk moves up beside Harv and shouts at the assembled bugs. Like a powerful thunderhead rolling across the battlefield the bugs are moved by the force of his shout rather literally. His shout allows Quagmire to advance in support of Kauldron.
OOC: Kills both hatchlings, moves Quagmire while not harming him (since Shout only affects enemies), and damages and moves the remaining 2 bloodied kruthik young.
As the bugs go flying, Dang't zaps one with his magic, attempting to catch it mid-air. The bolt strikes where it was instead of where it was going, wasted.

Hrav rushes forward and stabs out at the farthest of the remaining Kruthiks, impaling the bug through its chittering mouth along the length of his sword Black Death. With a shudder, the kruthik lapses into silence and stillness.
OOC: Hits Ref 18 for 12 damage, killing kruthik at J7.

--The lone remaining Kruthik tries feebly to claw through Kauldron's armor to reach his soft goblin flesh before it dies easily under the backlash of attacks from the rest of the group after that...
OOC: It missed its attack roll. With just it left at 4 whole hp's, I'm going to assume the 6 of you can kill it, so we'll drop out of combat at this point. The other kruthik hatchling that was on the status list died a while back from radiant damage as it tried like hell to tunnel far enough to reach Kauldron for an attack. It didn't make it. ;)

Please make note of your current HP's from the status below and heal up accordingly, then we'll continue. That's a second encounter since resting, which means you've reached a milestone and gained 1 AP! What do you do from here?
[sblock=Die rolls]Warlock's Curse damage on Kruthik Young @J12 (1d6=4)

Hrav Piercing Strike vs. Kruthik Ref 14 (1d20+12=18, 1d10+6=12)

Kruthik Young 3 Claw attack at Kauldron AC21. (1d20+5=11, 1d8+2=9)[/sblock][sblock=Map]
attachment.php
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Party current/total HP's (future/total hp's), [current/total HS's]; conditions
Hrav: 38/51, [8/8]; @J8;
Quagmire: 36/46, [9/9]; @K10;
Girth: 50/50, [10/10]; @I19;
Dang't: 37/37, [8/8]; @J17;
Beyrk: 34/40, [11/11]; @I13;
Kauldron: 35/35, [10/12]; @L10; 1 remaining temp HP fades as we go into a short rest.

Milestones: 1.0 (1 AP's awarded today)[/sblock]

Attachments

• RR8 Hive 4.JPG
    RR8 Hive 4.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 255

covaithe

Explorer
"Nice work there, lads," Quagmire says, slapping Hrav on the back, "As usual, aye? D'ye reckon we outta swing through these side caves right quick, before movin' on? Could be we ain't the first set o' folks tryin' to come through here; might be somethin' useful."

[sblock=ooc]Quagmire has an inspiring word left after the fight (I'm fairly sure); he'll use it on Hrav. Q heals one surge, bringing him to full.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
GM: It takes very little searching for Quagmire and the others to find the remains of a few previous kruthik meals. splintered bones, scraps of leather, and rusted metal fragments abound away from the central open area. One spot in the northeastern corner seems to hold all the valuables that are located. A rotten belt pouch which breaks open when lifted up, scattering 60 gold coins upon the floor. A ceramic flask holding what seems to be a potion of healing. And embedded 6 inches into the wall about 3 feet up from the floor is an immaculate round steel shield. It looks as though it lodged there after being driven into the wall with great force. On the face of it is the likeness of a dragon with wings, tail, teeth, and talons all outstretched from the body at the center.

OOC: That is 60 gp, another potion of healing, and a Throwing Shield from Adventurer's Vault meant for Quagmire. PM me if you don't have access to that book and need stats, Covaithe.

The Digger

First Post
Girth rummaged in his pouch and pulled out a fluff-covered slice of cured meat. Stuffing it into his mouth he started chewing as he looked about with interest.

"So, friends of mine. Go we further now or rest up we should? How say you?"

Suddenly remembering his manners he jerked the half-chewed meat from his mouth and held it out. "Sorry I am! Share I will if hungry you are."

covaithe

Explorer
With a grunt of effort, Quagmire yanks the shining shield out of the wall. He polishes a bit of dirt off of it with a fold of his cloak, admiring its shine. Then he turns and hurls it at the body of one of the nearby kruthik, where it sinks in with a satisfying SPLURCH. A moment later, it disappears, reappearing in Quagmire's hand. The hobgoblin is so surprised that he drops it, making a loud clanging noise that seems to go on forever as the rounded shield slowly rolls to a halt against his boot. "Huh. Well, that's handy," he says, picking it back up.

"Might as well go on. We ain't hardly worked up a sweat yet, have we."

The Digger

First Post
"True for you master Quagmire" beamed Girth through his mastication "Onwards and downwards go we. The end in sight might be and great glory our destiny shall be."

garyh

First Post
Hrav nods in agreement with Quag and in thanks of the stirring words.

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga - Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 6
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 19, Low-Light Vision
AC: 20, Fort: 18, Reflex: 20, Will: 15 - Speed: 6
HP: 51/51, Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 13, Surges left: 5/8
Action Points: 2
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Clever Strike
Piercing Strike

Everybody Move
Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind (Item: May use two surges when bloodied)
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Handspring Assault
Mocking Strike

Acidic Rapier - Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier - Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Lightning Dagger -Lightning Damage (At-Will)
Lightning Dagger -Burst (Dailyl)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Remove ads