• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Scratching the Surface (Judge: Stonegod)

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC: @ ren - He had already moved you forward 3. You started out on the path right next to Karananak (in meepo's original map post).

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Yeah. I just noticed that, but I wasn't expecting it. Technically, the warlord chooses the target of Battlefront shift, but the target determines where they move to since it's not a forced movement effect. To keep things moving, I will just use map that pacdidj posted.

Son of Meepo

First Post
In Progress

One tempest rushes forward ending his movement just a few feet from Riaan. He stomps on the ground and a shockwave threatens to knock the swordmage over. Riaan keeps his feet however and the tempest pauses before wading into melee.

The other tempest approaches, ending at one flank, and immediately the first slides into the the other with supernatural alacrity. It's swipes it's blade at Riaan as it passes. The sword sinks deep into the side of Riaan as the genasi twists the blade.

The other tempest swings its blade and then just as quickly shifts away from Riann. His attack strikes another devastating blow that stagger Riaan.

The acid flinging genasi surges forward throwing a liquid missile at Riann hoping to finish him. The bolt impacts the swordmage squarely in the chest.

The swordmage cannot withstand the assault and falls at the feet of one of the marauders.

[sblock=action]Tempest 2 moves within 2 squares of Riaan and uses Earthshock which fails to knock Riaan prone. It then readies an attack for the other tempest to move adjacent to Riaan.

Tempest 1 moves adjacent to Riaan, triggering the readied action of tempest 2.

It uses Rush of the River to shift into flank and attack with combat advantage. It attacks Riaan and hit dealing extra damage with CA for a total of 22.

Tempest 1 then completes its turn using Rush of the River to deal another 29 damage, bloodying Riaan. before shifting away.

The Acid Genasi move up and throws a Wave Bolt at Riaan hitting for 17 damage and sliding him 3 squares.

Riaan takes a total of 68 damage and is dying! (Unless someone has an immediate to save him from one of the attacks)[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Red Squares: Fire. If you enter a square of fire or begin your turn there, you take 5 fire damage.

Campfires:
If you enter a square of fire or begin your turn there, you take 5 fire damage.

Green Circle:
Acid vortex. If you enter a square of acid or begin your turn there, you take 5 acid damage and must make an Acrobatics check (DC 16) or fall prone.

Bushes:
Difficult terrain. Provides concealment to those within.

Tress:
20 feet tall, trunks provide cover. If you are 10 feet or higher, foliage provides concealment to those within.

Dense Jungle:
Costs 4 squares to enter. Provides Cover and Concealment (Total Concealment if 2 or more squares of intervening jungle). Concealment works both ways.

Rocks:
Cover from attacks on ground, but not from attack above.

Tents: Wooden stilt houses. Flap in tent is entrance, 10 feet up. Ladders allow access with an Athletics check DC 11. Huts completely on fire have ladders that are also on fire. (5 damage per square and Athletics check becomes DC 16).[/sblock]

[sblock=Crunch][sblock=Map]http://beta.ditzie.com/1443/4d9fd100ae2ac
1. Click the hyperlink of the last posted map.
2. Move your token.
3. Hit the Enter key.
4. The URL in the address bar will change, this is the link to the updated map. Copy and paste it into your post. (Please do not forget this).[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...DVzBjTjJYSURQTGc&hl=en&authkey=CNncgLAB#gid=0[/sblock]

[sblock=Intitative]Tempest (29.10)
Water Genasi (25.09)

Riaan (22.03)
Crush (19.03)
Serek (19.02)
Karananak (19.02)

Acid Genasi (18.07)
Fire Genasi (14.05)

Varis (14.03)
Ryk (12.08)

Up next: Riaan, Crush, Serek, and Karananak[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: You are right, I accidentally swapped the two genasi in my mind. However, the one that should have gone would have had a better attack bonus and done even more damage with his attack, so I'm thinking the best course of action is to swap the two in the initiative order and have the water genasi go after the four of you.

If you really want I could rewind the last attack and have the proper genasi go, but I think a crit could come close to killing Riaan outright.

My apologies, it's a bit late here so I'm fighting some fatigue but wanted to kick off combat.

Yes, it was a lot of damage. The two skirmishers opened up with their highest damaging attacks and added sneak attack. (I'm using the updated damage expressions for MM3/Monster Vault, so that was a "limited high" damage roll + 2d6 sneak for a pair of level 7 skirmishers).

Vertexx69

First Post
Karananak Bole (A.K.A. Swarmwhisper), Wilden Swarm Druid/Artificer 5

Round 1 (Elemental Slaughterhouse)

Karananak points to the swordmage's fallen form. "Serek yuh bes be ealin duh boy dare doble quick den, faw ee draw bret naw moa trute. I an I be andlin duh gusta dare."

The wilden
draws the totemic flute from the sash at his waste and shakes his staff and totem at the tempest next to Riaan. The bush behind him begins to quiver violently as a wolf made of its branches and rocky earth steps out adjacent to him. Karananak then bursts into his swarm form and surges up over the rocks to hover over his bleeding companion in flanking position with the wolf.

Greenfang sinks his teeth into the leg of the tempest, dragging him off his feet between itself and the swarm of creatures. The catlike swarm lashes out in kind with a swat of its own, raking its myriad tiny beasts lightly over the face and sliding him toward the corner of the large building.
[sblock=Actions]Free: Speak, Draw Totem
Minor:
wild shape to swarm form
Move: over rocks to hover over Riaan (22,10)
Standard: Summon Pack Wolf in (22,8) Pack wolf vs Tempest1(Ref) (1d20+12=19, 2d6+7=13) and knock it prone.
AP Action: Savage Rend vs Tempest1(Ref) (1d20+12=25, 1d6+1d8+1d10+7=13) and sliding it north 1 square to (21,9) and grants CA TENT.[/sblock][sblock=Swarmwhisper]Karananak Bole&#8212Male Wilden Druid 5; Resist 5 Fire/Poison, (Resist 4 Melee/Ranged in Beast Form)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 22
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15(17 in beast form), Will: 19 &#8212 Speed: 6
HP: 50/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Savage Rend
Locust Swarm
Cold Wind

Scattered Form
Voyage of the Ancients/Wrath of the Destroyer*/Pursuit of the Hunter
Battering Claws

Summon Pack Wolf
Summon Shadow Ape
Healing Infusion

Item Powers:
Summoner's Staff +2 (Daily * Summons) Immediate Interrupt. Trigger - An enemy hits a creature Karananak summoned. Effect - Triggering enemy rerolls attack and must use 2nd roll.
Hunting Beasthide Armor +1 (Encounter * Beast Form): Move Action. You shift 2 squares.
[sblock=Summons]Pack Wolf (Greenfang)&#8212Summons 1
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 &#8212 Speed: 6
HP: 25/25; Bloodied 12
Bite +10 vs. Reflex; 1d6+7 damage, and if the wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is knocked prone (+1d6 extra dmg).
Instinctive Effect:
If Karananak hasn't given the wolf any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent prone creature. If it can't do that, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.

Shadow Ape (Blackfist)&#8212Summons 5
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 19 &#8212 Speed: 6, Climb 4
HP: 25/25; Bloodied 12
Slam +10 vs. Reflex; 1d8+7 damage, and all creatures have concealment from the target until the end of your next turn.
Instinctive Effect: If Karananak hasn't given the ape any commands by the end of his turn, it attacks an adjacent enemy if it can. Otherwise, it moves its speed to a square adjacent to an enemy.[/sblock]
Character Sheet
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Intro post with description.

I added my pack wolf and shadow ape to the spreadsheet, but could only drag down the abomination token for a marker.

Map

You'll have to forgive my attempt at a Jamaican accent, just try to sound it out phonetically or use the translation below. :cool:[sblock=Translation]Serek you best be healing Riaan double time if you can, before he draws breath no re truly. I'll handle the guster there.[/sblock][/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: FYI One of the purposes of the google docs sheet is to facilitate self-adjudication of attacks. So whenever you roll an attack rolls, just go to the PC Roll Results table and type your total attack roll into the proper column. You will then see Hit or Miss in the results column. Update the damage taken and conditions.

A 19 Reflex misses, so the tempest is not prone, but a 25 hits, so you do slide the tempest 1 square and it is granting CA to Kanananak until the end of Kanananak's next turn.

Also using a different token for the summoned wolf: ditzie

On Puget Sound

First Post
[sblock=vacation] I'll be on the road in Florida for the next week with uncertain internet access. Feel free to NPC Ryk and Spring if we're holding things up. I'll check in whenever I can borrow a computer. [/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"What are you doing man? It's only a flesh wound! Come on get up!," Crush booms, wounding Riaan's pride enough that he manages to hang on to his slipping consciousness.

The warforged then dashes forward, hewing into one of the tempest genasi, bashing its guard aside and leaving it open to a devastating attack.

[sblock=Crush actions and stats]Move= 5 squares

Minor= :close:Rousing Words on Riaan = he can spend 2 surges and regain an additional 8 HP

Standard= :melee:Warlord's Strike vs. Tempest 2 = hits for 11 damage, and all allies get +4 to damage rolls against Tempest 2 till Crush's EONT

[sblock=statblock]Crush - Male Warforged Warlord 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 25, Fort: 19, Reflex: 17, Will: 19 - Speed: 5
HP: 52/52, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
:bmelee:Vengeful Longsword +1: +12 vs. AC, 1d8+5 dmg
:branged:Distance Handaxe +1: +11 vs. AC, 1d6+5 dmg
Powers -
Furious Smash
Brach Assault

Warlord's Strike
Myrmidon Formation
Inspiring Word
Inspiring Word
Inspired Belligerence
Rousing Words
Warforged Resolve
Battlefront Shift

Fearless Rescue
Vengeful Longsword +1 (Encounter)
Summoned Drakescale Armor +2 (At-Will)
Adamant's Unshakeable Stance (Encounter)

Important Effects for Allied Characters:
* Any ally who can see Crush regains 8 HP when they spend an action point, and may roll a saving throw with a +2 bonus
[/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: Battlemap: ditzie

Anyone who hits Tempest 2 gets +4 to damage till my EONT.

@renau1g - Riaan's back up with 2 x HS value + 8 HP. Keep in mind that anyone who spends an action point that can see Crush regains 8 HP.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads