• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Shards of Eldanarth (DM: MadAzolin, Judge: ??)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I'd say let Lilli learn and cast the spell :) Our DM said he'd allow "playing" with skills and we have good arcane support for arcane circle, good setup and focus item...If all of that doesn't help with one level of difference, I don't know what will. That may just be the reason she learned it so fast. :)

jbear

First Post
Kane has brought enough ritual components for three castings of the ritual being a forward thinking fellow. However Kane, being somewhat of a buccaneer as well, does not have a heart of honey nor free flowing pockets. He is quick to go around the group and collect their share of what he has paid up front for the components. He patiently waits until each has paid there share and he counts the sum to ensure not a single copper is missing, though he does so with a jovial smile and stuttering thanks.

OOC: Enough for 3 castings! Just what I was thinking OF COURSE! Can we just sort dividing that cost by taking that out of our treasure at the end of the adventure? 3 x 140 gp = 420 gp between 5 = 84 gp each?

Also MadAzolin, try GM in the [ ] rather than DM. DM doesn't seem to work.

Neurotic

"So, let's see. We have an arcane party. We should figure out who knows his theory the best. Pop-Quiz everyone!

I know enough of the theory, but it is bound into specialized fields of mind control, stars and eladrin. You, Vermitrax, are full mage, as is Lilli, but you're the more powerful of the two. You, Cyr, are a scholar, but you are divine caster even if you know your magic. Kane, I have no idea what you know or can do since I don't swing a blade around to use the magic. Lerrick, you're young and a healer to boot, my guess would be you're the only one out of the question to lead the ritual.

Any volunteers? I will lead if you decide we're casting in the night under the stars. Right not my vote goes to Vermitrax."

OOC: How would we in-game know who has the best arcana? Also, if Martelai realizes Vermitrax is a necromancer he will change his vote to Cyr.

"I know rituals and magic. I can lead the ritual." offers the invoker. "There is really little real risk of doing the ritual through the book immediately if we have everything we need. Let me transcribe it and I'll be ready."

OOC: Arcana +13+1d6 +whatever aid you can provide. Also, I'll buy the ritual from Martelai if nobody objects. Sharing would be nice, but we each have to spend some treasure for it since we're in living worlds, I'll take it for 680gp and Lilli can pay later again...

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Since we are going to cast it outside and at night, why don't you lead the ritual, Martelai?" Vermitrax says. "I do not have any problems in conducting it myself, but since you mention those conditions, I presume one of your patrons can bolster your chances if those circumstances are met. If so, I presume it is our best bet. Time is not at the essence, so we can take that sort of luxuries."

Neurotic

"Well, I already know I can do the ritual, it's just a matter if we want to wait and preserve the ritual or use the book immediately."

OOC: I cannot cast the ritual as I don't have ritual caster feat...what I can do is whatever MadAzolin mentioned as improvised ritual on my arcana crit.

[sblock=Voda Vosa]
I already know the result, since I intend to invoke one my pre-rolled dice (18) add Knack for success for total of 18+12+4 = 34...with aid another from 4 casters, it will be over 40 :)
[/sblock]

"Well, I need some time to transcribe it. And if you're sure, I don't mind helping the ritual along."

OOC: I'm curious as what will MadAzolin make of this. :)

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli throws in her two-penneth, "It is a ritual I'd like at some point anyway, just as Cyr apparently does, but it perhaps makes sense that Vermitrax is one of the casters. Mind, it might not be a bad idea to have more than one person equipped to cast it either, one way or another. Perhaps we should have Vermitrax perform the ritual on the way out and have a reservist or two for the return?"

Neurotic

While waiting for ritual casters to transcribe the ritual, half-elf walks around great oak that Lilli selected as suitable gate, "weak" link, into The Wild. He creates a septagram around it, filling it with various whorls and swirls, elven runes and star diagrams.

Waiting into the night, he observes few stars and looks more then once into his book, comparing, scribbling and referencing something.

Finally, he points party members into various places of the diagram, Vermitrax on the place marked by stick figure (skeleton?) human, Lilli small spider sign, Cyr into small circle with wings inside, Kain with Jolly Roger and finally Lerrick into something that might be a dragon. Martelai stands in unmarked circle leaving seventh circle marked by a star-burst empty. He quickly describes what is expected of each (you know, the usual, blood, sweat, tears and few dead chickens :p)

He takes the amulet and starts a lengthy invocation in High Eladrin. Those who prepared the ritual recognize few passages, but these are combined with interspersed requests for intercession, calls upon strange names like Caiphon, Khirad and Haddar. At one point he removes his eladrin glove from the left hand revealing swirling purple tattoo on the upper side of his hand. The swirl spirals inward as if bursting from one point in the middle of the hand. Continuing his chant in draconic, he pricks his hand with the amulet in the middle of the tattoo and dark blood wells up filling the tattoo and quickly disappearing into the sleeve.

As the ritual progresses, a beam of purple light strikes the empty star-burst circle and whole of the diagram starts glowing in the dark.

OOC: I'll leave MadAzolin the rest...

Arcana; Arcana; Endurance; Dungeoneering (1d20+13=30, 1d20+13=21, 1d20+7=11, 1d20+4=15)

Remove ads