[Adventure]: Shards of Eldanarth (DM: MadAzolin, Judge: ??)

MadAzolin

First Post
OOC:
Buying rituals and similar is generally straightforward in Daunton as long as you are not looking for something especially exotic, so basically no need to consult DM about it, just spend gold and list what you bought

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The party assembles in the park, Martelai bringing the book, hopefully other party members bought the components and Lilli found suitable spot.

After short consideration of the spot, Martelai starts drawing his idea of portal circle.
"We should wait until 2 hours after midnight, as I said earlier. But since we have the scroll we could attempt it immediately if you want."

OOC: Assuming everyone is ready to go on? Should we do some more discussion and research? DM, did we pass the challenge (I didn't count the rounds or rolls :( )
[MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION], [MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION], if you want to reimburse me for 680gp for the ritual, I won't mind, I cannot learn it :)

jbear

First Post
Not that worried that there was any real need to guard anyone Kane heads off to find the components for the spells. He still had coin in his pocket from the last adventure, so money was no issue. He knew the city well, especially where to find magic related wares, so it did not take him long to find the components and join the others in the park. Hefting a pouch with a grin he hands over the goods.

MadAzolin

First Post
[DM]
Feel free to start the ritual as soon as ready and when you decide who will lead the ritual / use scroll(s) and whether you want to let Martelai improvise or to try regular ritual(s).
As for challenge, you got some info, so I guess you could call it success; as for rest of it, well, you will find out when ritual is joined or completed :)
Also, all of you have feeling you might want to resupply and do rest of preparations you might want before you start the ritual.
[/DM]

[DM]
Feel free to start the ritual as soon as ready and when you decide who will lead the ritual / use scroll(s) and whether you want to let Martelai improvise or to try regular ritual(s).
As for challenge, you got some info, so I guess you could call it success; as for rest of it, well, you will find out when ritual is joined or completed :)
Also, all of you have feeling you might want to resupply and do rest of preparations you might want before you start the ritual.
[/DM]

OOC:
This sounds like you want to track our food supply :) We all have adventurers backpacks (I guess) so we're set with lights (sunrods) torches, ropes etc...please warn us if we need anything else that isn't item slot equipment...

If you're thinking return trip cost, once someone learns the ritual it is available, right? We can "simply" re-cast it...of course our good Kane bought the components for at least three castings, RIGHT, [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]? *wink wink*

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: Assuming everyone is ready to go on? Should we do some more discussion and research? DM, did we pass the challenge (I didn't count the rounds or rolls :( )
@MetaVoid, @Neil1889, if you want to reimburse me for 680gp for the ritual, I won't mind, I cannot learn it :)

OOC: I was intending to pick up Linked Portal (Level 8) and it is even on Lilli's wish list, but Lilli is Level 7 and can't cast it yet, alas.

MadAzolin

First Post
[DM]
When it comes to food supplies, I will assume you have something in order of week's worth of food, unless specified otherwise. D&D adventurers typically have problems other then food supplies, so it tends not to come into play. Also assuming you have your ropes, climbing kits and similar 'mundane' adventuring gear is usually fair.
Things I had in mind are ritual components, spare ritual scrolls if any, potions and elixirs and similar consumable magical items. I will not assume you have dust for detection of invisible monsters, set of healing potions or ritual scroll unless it is written somewhere on your character sheet.
Also using generic ritual components is fair game as long as it is proper 'type' of components - carrying X gp in ritual components: religion and using them for different religion rituals is f, but suddenly deciding to use them for arcana or nature ritual is not
[/DM]

dimsdale

First Post
Lerrick makes a quick stop to buy some equipment, in particular, gloves and bracers. After making some minor adjustments to her bracers, she heads off to reunite with the others.

OOC: Lerrick is equipped with 6 healing potions. She also has ritual caster if there is a need to share costs for components or scrolls, let me know

[sblock=Lerrick Stats]
AC: 22 Fort: 20 Reflex: 19 Will: 24
HP: 63/63 Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 15
CURSED: none

FEATS

• Ritual Caster: Lerrick can preform and master rituals my level or lower
  • Pacifist's Reward: Lerrick, if her attack doesn't do damage, receives +2 temp hitpoints at the end of her turn.
  • Healer's Implement: +1 to healing power when ally uses a healing surge as a result of a power used by Lerrick
  • Pacifist Healer: an additional 1d6+5 to hp for each heal word Lerrick uses
  • Improved Defenses: +1 feat bonus: Fortitude, Reflex, and Will
  • Group Vigor: Everyone within 10 feet of Lerrick receives 1 extra hit point when they spend a healing surge

POWERS
Astral Seal
Sacred Flame

Knack for Success
Channel Divinity: favor of the Gods
Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
Noble Presence
Bane
Denunciation
Healing Word (2)
Hymn of Resurgence
Bastion of Health

Life transference
Moment of Glory
Iron to Glass

Medic's Dagger: (Power)
Potion Bandoleer: Currently stocked with 6 healing potions
Healer's Broach: (Power)
Gleaming Diamond Bracers: (Power)
River of Life Gloves: (Power)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli ponders heading out to try and track down some more residuum. She's got her healing potion for back-up and "Lerrick carries lots, Lotte. No, you can not go back and pick on that mouse."

[sblock=Lilli's stuff]
Rare Herbs (Nature)
140gp
Mystic Salves (Heal)
110gp
Sanctified Incense (Religion)
40gp
Alchemical Reagents (Arcane)
200gp
Residuum (for rituals and maybe magic items)
490gp
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lilli's rituals]'''Level 1:''' Animal Messenger (Nature), Banish Vermin (Nature), Brew Potion (Arcana or Religion), Comrades' Succor (Heal), Comprehend Language (Arcana), Create Holy Water (Religion), Fastidiousness (Arcana), Gentle Repose (Heal), Make Whole (Arcana). '''Level 2:''' Seek Rumour (Arcana), Water Walk (Nature).
'''Level 3:''' Detect Secret Doors (Arcana).
'''Level 4:''' Delay Affliction (Heal), Enchant Magic Item (Arcana), Knock (Arcana).
'''Level 5:''' Animal Friendship (Nature), Speak with Nature (Nature).
'''Level 6:''' Cure Disease (Heal).[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Lilli

Female Gnome Wizard, Level 7.
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 19. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 21, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 20.
HP: 46/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge Value: 11, Surges left: 7/7
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian, Draconic, Dwarven.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against Illusions.
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Orb of Deception
Second Wind
Use Vulnerabilty
Illusory Ambush
Nightmare Eruption
Grasping Shadows
Horrid Whispers
Ghost Sound
Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Fade Away
Shield
Maze of Mirrors
Visions of Avarice [Visions of Avarice Secondary Attack]
Skald's Aura
Experienced Arcana
Phantom Echoes
Orb of Far Seeing - Encounter Power
Orb of Far Seeing - Daily Power
Feyleaf Sandals - Daily Power
Amulet of Elegy +2 - Daily Power
Illusionist's Gloves - Daily Power
Harp of Deeper Slumber - Daily Power

Note: Shimmering Cloth Armour - Lilli does not provoke opportunity attacks when she makes ranged or area attacks.
If Lilli falls and is about to take a punishing amount of damage, her Feyleaf Sandals will likely save her.

Conditions: None.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads