[Adventure]: Shards of Eldanarth (DM: MadAzolin, Judge: ??)

OOC: Not superb either 17, 1 and 2

Religion; Insight; Religion (1d20+15=32, 1d20+15=16, 1d20+15=17)

Cyr frowns as he percieves the perversion of pulling the souls from the afterlife, but helps Igor to his feet.
"You shouldn't dabble in things above you, creature. Learn first, do second. Let me see that."
Cyr takes the amulet and delves deep into his memories for any reference to such item

History (1d20+15=24)
Memory of thousand lifetimes (1d6=2)

"Do you, Martelai know something more about this? I've overheard something about feyblood link in the tavern."
OOC: perception +15 is hopefuly high enough so I can state something like this

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Arcana; Insight; Arcana (1d20+12=19, 1d20+7=12, 1d20+12=30)

Martelai looks at the buggling servant, now definitely with disgust. He waives Igor out.

"Thank you for your service. We won't be needing you again. Begone!"

He takes the amulet and trains his mind and senses on it. This is first time he took time to study it since he got it and while he feels the connection to the fey, he tries to determine something more.

Arcana (1d20+12+4=28)
OOC: +4 from Knack for success racial

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: skill rolls: Religion, Insight, Insight: 31, 32, 23 respectively

Lerrick looks at Igor with a thoughtful expression on her face. Hmmm...Interesting version of the Consult Mystic Sages ritual. Too bad you couldn't get it to work.

Lerrick takes a closer look at the amulet as it is being passed around. She frowns as see can't think of anything of interest to share with her comrades.

religion: 1d20+11= 12

jbear

First Post
Leaning forward on his chair watching the scene with twinkling eyes, obviously enjoying what he is seeing. "A-amateur" smiles Kane. "We sh-should buy an-nother s-scroll. L-let someone wh-who knows what they are d-doing t-try..."

Arcana: 32 Insight 23 -> Arcana 22 Arcana 2 33

MadAzolin

First Post
Grumbling to himself and visibly humbled, Igor hobbles out of the room, happy to be away from the item. He throws it gaze over his shoulder, as if afraid of the thing before shutting the door behind him...
[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] - Vermithrax [sblock=History roll]
Igor's ritual scroll was definitely necromancy, sort of sophisticated speak with dead targeted at long dead sages. Souls commanded by these rituals are usually bound to answer truthfully if they know and as such, you are quite sure Igor got at last part of answer he asked for - 'Poke' before being poked in the eye is very unlikely.

As for amulet itself, you cannot recall mention of such items in necromantic texts - you would rule out necromantic item. It did seem to react to ritual however, so item might be linked to ritual magic in some way, but Igor's ritual was definitely not right form of ritual. Perhaps some sort of divination ritual might uncover more on its nature and purpose.
[/sblock]
[MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] - Cyr [sblock=History roll]
You cannot remember seeing anything like it before. However as you focus on memories of your past lives, it starts looking familiar. Flashes of sound appear first - clash of iron, howl of monsters, detonation of blast of fire in the distance... focusing on them, you can hear ritual chanting - was it you? Or someone close to you? Perhaps one of your companions... it seems like ages ago... as memories fade, one word remains etched into your memory, most certainly ending word of ritual: Open! [/sblock]

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] - Martelai [sblock=Arcana roll]
At first item looks quite mundane - pretty thing, possibly meant for lady, barely magical... you would tell it is one of generic amulets of protection. However after turning it in your hands several times, you can feel more... familiar scent of home you haven't felt for a while... yet somehow... wrong, as if there is something else there.
Turning amulet toward The Stars, you let your gaze connect toward your 'patron' through it, carefully making sure you don't gaze The Star right into its maw lest it devour your mind and soul... sense of disgust and hostility flows from the amulet as it blocks your gaze. Item is most certainly not keyed to Realms Beyond, but rather to its opposite - realms in tune with nature - Fey realms. It is powerful thing though you have trouble determining how powerful as it seems to be surrounded by shroud of protective magic stronger then anything you have seen in a while, perhaps ever. While it reflects your attempts to identify more, few things are clear:
- its magic is dormant, as if someone or something intentionally blocks its power
- it seemed to have captured tiny speck of Igor's ritual and is channeling it in some sort of gate spell - almost as if it attempts to poke open a tiny hole in planar barriers. However, Igor's ritual seems to have been very poor match for amulet's nature... perhaps something else will do much better
[/sblock]
[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] - Kane [sblock=examination of amulet]
Taking a look at amulet, you are fairly sure it is linked to arcane magic, not unlike magic you use. Trying another ritual definitely sounds like good idea...
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"It seems to me we need to open a gate to Feywild. Somehow this thing is keyed to the fey realm. We may be able to find out more. Wasn't there something about Daunton park having a link into The Wild?"

Streetwise (1d20+13=18)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Perhaps. This item is not related at all with the Dark Art, I don't recall to have read anything about such an amulet in my studies. However, Igor's ritual was indeed necromantic, and he did perform it alright. Actually, there is something strange, he should have gotten some answer from the sages, and instead got a backslash. "Poke" before being poked in the eye? No way." Vermitrax states.

MadAzolin

First Post
@Neurotic - Martelai
[sblock="streetwise"]
While Dunton park - Feywild link is disputed subject (and city authorities are certainly neither happy about the subject or quick to promote it), many people (including most adventurers) take it for granted park is indeed linked to Fey in some way. Nature of that link however is different thing - if details about it are known, you are not aware of them.
[sblock="arcana DC 20"]
While you are reasonably sure bringing amulet to park might help, by itself, it is likely not enough to trigger it. However it might act as catalyst for its affinity to ritual magic.
[sblock="arcana DC 25"]
You think you might be able to improvise ritual for activating amulet's magic if you manage to locate proper place within the park where barriers between the worlds are thin. However you are also aware that proper ritual caster with proper rituals might be capable of doing it with far less hassle and possible mess.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"Igor said that the ritual yielded "po..." not "poke" that was his own interpretation. We could assume it was the start of the word "portal" as other things point toward it. If we go into the institute and spend some money for few scrolls or if anyone knows proper rituals we could be on our way immediately.

I know how to improvise the portal, but proper portal would probably be safer. My version would include finding the weak barrier in the park, drawing some runes and waiting until Caiphon is high on the sky while Haddar and his hunger hides under the earth. We should be fairly safe as Khirad's word will protect us from Gibbets madness."

Arcana (1d20+13=33) - CRIT! :)
OOC: Used few of the star names as that is most likely the source of warlocks power, it would be fun seeing how the amulet which resists such magics would react...still, it would be safe(r) to get the scroll...how much does one cost?

"I wouldn't be smart to play with planar barriers without knowing exactly what will happen. I can cast rituals both arcane and divine. As a matter of fact, I'd like to cast one right now if you give me ten minutes. If you want to ask Mireva specific question and outline the options you're considering, we can get the feeling for what will happen. I can hear you while I pray so ask away."

Waiting few seconds so that everyone can voice their objections if they want, deva turns into a corner and starts praying.

OOC: if everyone's happy with my questions don't ask anything, if you want something asked, say it in-game, I'll incorporate good questions into the ritual (IMHO of course, it's my ritual). Three questions max and suggest which should I replace.

"Would it be lethaly dangerous to use Daunton park and Martelai's version of Far Realms aided ritual? Yes..." he raises his left hand "...or no?" he raises his right hand

"Which of these would work the best as we cannot afford true Planar Portal: Fey Passage, Knock, Linked Portal?" he yanks one of warlocks hairs, puts small tablet from somewhere from his robes onto the floor and adds small chain links next to it as he asks the question"

"Is the amulet created as some kind of key to permanent portal that would damage either this plane or it's other sides plane?" he again offers his hands for yes and no.

Remove ads