(Adventure) Slaying the Dreamer [Judge: Uriel]

Janos Audron

Explorer
"If you gather you belongings, I will wait in front of the statue of the dragon. Once we're complete, I'll teleport us to my home."

Janos leaves the inn and stands in front of the statue of the red dragon.

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
mithreander said:
Quickwhip meets Fant outside and looks around at the rain, feeling the cold directly. "Seems the Goddess is pleased and wants to share herself with us." He holds out his hand to collect a sample of the rain water and brings it to his lips to drink. He smiles as he lowers his hands, letting the remaining water drip to the ground from his fingers. "A beautiful day, though a little cold for my tastes."

"And not much of a day anymore," says Fant, looking up at the cloudy, and now mostly dark, sky.

janos audron said:
"If you gather you belongings, I will wait in front of the statue of the dragon. Once we're complete, I'll teleport us to my home."

"Which Goddess might that be, Quickwhip?" asks Fant, stepping out into the rain towards the wizard. Important to form rapport with the fighting men. As she pulls her cloak around her body, and it's good over her head, she asks "Aren't you going to be rather uncomfortable?"

Mithreander

Explorer
Quickwhip looks down at his nakedness and replies "It's a matter of honor. THis is the garb of a Swordsman... and I do not think I wish to give that up just yet. Perhaps once this snow that i've heard about starts to fall." Quickwhip looks to the sky and the darkening evening and says "It was nice, however." his hairless body slick with the wetness.

Hearing the question about the Goddess, Quickwhip replies "The only Goddess. Oh, I've heard that you people also have gods of your own, but in my land, there is but one, unless one of you dring them with you, but as soon as you leave, they leave with you. SHe is the River. You see, in my land there is but one river that flows from city to city, town to town, and the Goddess brings life to the people through that river."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Mithreander said:
Hearing the question about the Goddess, Quickwhip replies "The only Goddess. Oh, I've heard that you people also have gods of your own, but in my land, there is but one, unless one of you dring them with you, but as soon as you leave, they leave with you. She is the River. You see, in my land there is but one river that flows from city to city, town to town, and the Goddess brings life to the people through that river."

Fant nodded. She was respectful of Gods in general, although she worshipped no one in paticular. She thought of them as extremely powerful and immortal, but different only on a matter of scale from humans, rather than a fundamental difference. They were like unto Kings of Kings- and just like an insult to one's King would elicit extreme, even violent response, so it was with Gods.

"I would like to hear more of your land, at some time. I have heard vague stories of your order before- I have been fairly well educated, and my interest in matters martial made them an interesting tidbit, if not very informative," she says, standing next to Janus, a rocky outcropping from the dragon statue protecting them from the rain.

jasamcarl

First Post
Draven approaches the others, his heavy cloak covering his studded leather armor. He looks to Fant and Quickwhip, "You two have to look at this as less of a mission and more of an adventure. Even in the most foreign land, we are strangers and that offers a degree of freedom that even friendlier environs do not." His left arm emerges from his cloak, holding a light mace, though he barely looks strong enough to hold even this meagre weapon. Grendath's Holy symbol dangles from his neck, a painted wooden disk with an unpainted depiction of crossed fingers in the center.

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Jack steps up out of the rain, decked out in his worn-in traveling cloak, a light pack, a small hunting bow and arrows, and a short bush-knife. "Oh hey," he greets the others with a chuckle and a grin, "and if this little shin-dig doesn't work out, we can always go treasure hunting in the Forests of Ar, courtesy of the blessed Saint Brentford."

Janos Audron

Explorer
Janos turns his attention from the statue to you. "Take eachothers hands." he says, and he takes Jacks hand and casts his spell.

The rain suddenly stops and where only seconds before you were standing outside the Red Dragon Inn, in the twilight of the evening, now you are standing in a well lit room. The candles hanging from the walls are not lit, but they do provide, obviously magical, illumination. The room has walls of rough stone, and is mostly empty. The only exit seems to be a wooden door in the north wall. Judging from the temperature, this room is most likely underground.

A table surrounded by five comfortable chairs stands in the middle of the room. Janos places himself at the head of the table and beckons you to sit down. "Welcome to my home." he says, and he unfolds the parchment that lies on the table. "This is all the information I have about the floor plan of his mansion. I know this for sure, and though I dare speculate a lot more, this is what you should start with."

"Further, I have information about the guards: there are two constructs patrolling the hallways at night. Should one of them spot you, he will attack you. If the other sees you fighting, he runs to his master. There are also four human guards. The work in two shifts, two of them sit in the guard post, the other two in the guard room. The guards on duty wear leather armor and are equipped with longswords. I don't know what their orders are."

"The last information I can give you is about Alarm spells. All the doors leading into the mansion have Alarm spells on them. In the house, there will probably be more spells at strategic locations, though I do not know where and neither do I know the password..."

"Of course, I have thought up a plan to get inside without any trouble: I could sell you as slaves. This means you get inside the mansion, and may have time to sneak around while he doesn't suspect anything, thus being able to better form a plan. The drawback is that you won't have any gear, though I could hide it in the forest near the mansion so that you have access to it when you really need it. However, if you do not like to be sold as slaves, feel free to make another plan..."

[Attention: the file plan.bmp is not a bitmap, it is an Excel file. Rename it to plan.xls and it should work fine.]

Attachments

• plan.bmp
    16 KB · Views: 475

jasamcarl

First Post
Draven takes a seat next to Janos and looks over the parchment, "I dislike the idea of using deception to slay the wicked, as I would rather put my faith in the luck of battle, but the proposition of letting loose some slaves in order to give them the chance to strike back at their oppressors does tickle my fancy. But then, I lucked into being somewhat intelligent..." he chuckles, So i will trust your judgement, Janos..."

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Janos Audron said:
"The last information I can give you is about Alarm spells. All the doors leading into the mansion have Alarm spells on them. In the house, there will probably be more spells at strategic locations, though I do not know where and neither do I know the password..."

"What about windows? Fireplaces with chimneys?" Jack asks.

Remove ads