• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Stormcrow Tor (Judge: THB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
The kenku, not a fool, quickly sees Sweetness intention (and saliva) quickly throw a Javelin at Sweetness who fall short before he disappear behind the doors before anyone could react.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Combat on! Now every action count. If you have read my first post, you now act in order you post, so you don't need to wait for your turn. The Kenku have beaten everyone.

Kenku miss Sweetness with a roll of 10.

Map Updated If someone decide to go through the door, I'll reveal the next room.

Initiative:

Kenkus 25,
Akavras 22,
Nervala 20,
Sweetness 17,
Gogmorthak 13,
Radtash 7,
Gruff 4

Status
Akavras 41/41, 1AP
Gogmorthak 57/57, 1AP
Gruff 49/49, 1 AP
Nervala 38/38, 1 AP
Radtash 39/39, 1 AP
Sweetness 40/40, 1 AP

Kenku Tribal
Perception +3; low-light vision
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17; Fortitude 15, Reflex 16, Will 15
Spear (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+8 vs. AC; 5 damage.
[/SBLOCK]

Impact

First Post
Radtash sighs. Once again I am pulled into violence...
[sblock="OOC"]I will wait until a few others have acted. Velmont, I didn't quite understand your rule for "until the end of your next turn" effects. Could you please explain it again?[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
*Sigh* Here we go....

- Oh you can hear that, can't you? -

[sblock=Actions]
[Move: to J4
I can't see anything, so I guess that's it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] FYI, it may be too subtle to notice, but when Arkavas speaks, I use quotes ("") and purple coloring. His thoughts are italicized and a darker purple with no quotes. [/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Being an experienced solider, Narvala will delay until a few of the melee types go; she might be able to see the bad guys from somewhere she can reach in a single move, but she doesn't like the idea of double moving into an unknown room alone.
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Sweetness shook its big shaggy head and pointed at the spear, now lying on the floor. "See? No friends here- just bad birds, yep yep yep." Then it loped forward, still carrying torch and dagger.

OOC: As noted previously, advance to K2 with a single move (leaping or rolling over the barricade as needed). From K2, if she can see any targets in the room, attack with thrown dagger (using Disheartening Strike at +12 vs. AC); if no targets can be seen, toss torch into room (straight ahead, roughly 10 squares in).

Tinwe

First Post
Gruff calls out "Now we're talking!" in a booming rumble as he dashes forward, blade at the ready.

OOC: Gruff will double-move, which should get him to L3 (skirting the rubble). If any enemy is within 2 of him at that point, he will use a minor action to mark it with Aegis of Ensnarement. If multiple enemies are within range, he will mark the one that appears most dangerous.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Narvala follows Gruff, moving to I4.

If she can see an enemy (she has an everborning torch in one hand and her staff in the other) from there, she'll attack it with a Sun Strike.

If she can see multiple enemies within a 1 squre burst, she'll attack with Vanguard's Lightning.

If she can't see any enemies, she'll move on through the door.

[sblock=Narvala min-stat]Narvala—Female Human Invoker 4
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 24
AC: 18, Fort: 16, Reflex: 19, Will: 21; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -5 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 38/38, Bloodied: 19, Surge: 9, Surges left: 6/6;
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Grasping Shards
Vanguard's Lightning

Blades of Astral Fire
Divine Call
Chains of Carceri

Purging Flame
Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke

Potion of Healing (2)

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Impact

First Post
[SBLOCK="OOC"]Here is a quick turn before I head to bed. Radtash will:
Move action to J1.
Wild Shape (minor) back into humanoid form, free shift (from Wild Shape) to J2.
Standard: Attack nearest enemy in sight (if any) with Sacred Flame, granting temp hit points to Gruff. If no enemy is in sight, ready same action for next enemy to come into sight.
I should be able to take one more turn Saturday morning, but then I will be out until Sunday evening.[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
No one come to you, but you hear voices and people moving further away.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I've done a double move to Gogmorthak just to speed thing for this (boring) round, but for now, I'll wait at least 48h before NPCing a character.

[SBLOCK=Until the end of the next turn] If one of you produce an effect until the end of your next turn, the effect effectively last until the end of your next turn, but an ally cannot take advantage of the bonus during more than one turn.

Let's assume the order is:
Round 1: Controller, Leader, Striker, Defender, Monsters
Round 2: Striker, Leader, Controller, Defender, Monsters

The leader gives +1 to att to him and every allies until the end of his next turn.
- As usual, the leader will have that bonus for the remaining of round 1 and on round 2 before it expire.
- The defender get the bonus on round 1.
- The striker get the bonus on round 1, but not on round 2 (no more than one turn)
- The controller is the big loser of that method.

I have think at many way to handle it because of the flexible order, and I think it is the fairest and the less chance of abuse of any kind. I'll look at how it work during that battle and adjust it if needed on the next one.[/SBLOCK]

Map Updated

Initiative:

Kenkus 25,
Akavras 22,
Nervala 20,
Sweetness 17,
Gogmorthak 13,
Radtash 7,
Gruff 4

Status
Akavras 41/41, 1AP
Gogmorthak 57/57, 1AP
Gruff 49/49, 1 AP
Nervala 38/38, 1 AP
Radtash 39/39, 1 AP
Sweetness 40/40, 1 AP

Kenku Tribal
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17; Fortitude 15, Reflex 16, Will 15
Spear (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+8 vs. AC; 5 damage.

Kenku Inciter (Black Bird)
HP 54; Bloodied 27
AC 20; Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 15
Spiked Chain (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
Reach 2; +11 vs. AC; 2d4 + 5 damage, and the target is
marked until the end of the kenku inciter’s next turn.

Kenku Wing Mage (Cloaked Owl)
HP 50; Bloodied 25
AC 17; Fortitude 15, Reflex 17, Will 18
Dagger (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+9 vs. AC; 1d4 + 3 damage.[/SBLOCK]

drothgery

First Post
The priestess steps through the door, and calls down holy lightning at the first of the monsters that she sees. One of the avian creatures manages to avoid the blast, but the other falls.

I would have preferred to figure out what they wanted... She thinks, but negotiating in the middle of a fight is rarely a good idea.

[sblock=ooc]
Move to C7, then
Vanguard's Lightning vs J7 and L6 (1d20+9=14, 1d20+9=28) 14 vs. REF will MISS J7. 28 vs REF will HIT L6. Since L6 is a minion, L6 goes down.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads