• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Stormcrow Tor (Judge: THB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the group made their way from Wroat to the Tor, it began apparent that the large sack Sweetness was carrying held a number of big rats, which the gnoll munched on as they walked along. Once the rats were gone, the big creature began to give sly hungry glances in the direction of Radtash's canine form. In some of Sharn's poorer quarters, after all, rats were plentiful and dogs were a rarer delicacy. By the end of the short trip, it was obvious that the gnoll was hungry nearly all the time, day or night, no matter how recently it had eaten...

Once the arrived at the Tor, the gnoll took a few moments to look around the area before it joined the others clustered near the opening. "Sweetness can go first, yep yep yep," it growled quietly, dragging an everburning torch from the satchel slung over its shoulder. "Anyone else move quiet-like?" It drew a slender, glittering dagger with its other paw and began to edge forward...

OOC: [sblock] Sweetness is more than willing to take point, despite the low Perception score, and would prefer to be very close to the front even if someone else is leading. As a melee-based striker and daredevil, she isn't inclined to hang back. [/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
He's tied for second-best in the party at +8 Perception. Narvala's +7 on the merits of a 20 Wisdom and being 4th level, but she's too squishy to be in the front.
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] All, Arkavas may be an artificer, but he's the best combo of perception, melee to hit, and damage(+10, +12, and 1d12+6 respectively). Plus, if a fight does break out, his first at-will hit will grant everyone else a +1 bonus to attacks and +3 damage until the next turn. Gogmorthak is next with his strength being melee (+11TH and a BUNCH of damage). I suggest that Sweetness and I go first. Gogmorthak and Gruff should protect our rear as soon as we pass the first fork in the path. The controllers, Narvala and Radtash are best kept in the middle to rear for now.

Arkavas
Sweetness
Radtash
Narvala
Gruff
Gogmorthak
[/sblock]

Impact

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]Stealth is probably no longer an option now that we have thrown a sunrod down the stairs (we should remember to pick that up on the way down). I will follow Narvala once she starts down. Perhaps once we get a look around us at the bottom of the stairs we could try a stealthy investigation of the next area.[/sblock]

Impact

First Post
[sblock=OOC] All, Arkavas may be an artificer, but he's the best combo of perception, melee to hit, and damage(+10, +12, and 1d12+6 respectively). Plus, if a fight does break out, his first at-will hit will grant everyone else a +1 bonus to attacks and +3 damage until the next turn. Gogmorthak is next with his strength being melee (+11TH and a BUNCH of damage). I suggest that Sweetness and I go first. Gogmorthak and Gruff should protect our rear as soon as we pass the first fork in the path. The controllers, Narvala and Radtash are best kept in the middle to rear for now.

Arkavas
Sweetness
Radtash
Narvala
Gruff
Gogmorthak
[/sblock]
[sblock=seconded]I will second this plan, anything that gets us into the action. :)[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
Gruff descends the stairs, then pauses to allow a few of the others past him. As the artificer took up the lead, Gruff said softly "Ok, then.. now that we're in here, there's no sense in making noise to wake the dead. Let's take it slow."

[sblock=OOC]
Arkavas
Sweetness
Radtash
Narvala
Gruff
Gogmorthak
Sounds like a plan to me[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"I say," Arkavas' voice rings as if talking in a crowed bar. It echoes down the passage, "we ought to be careful about that sunrod. We wouldn't want to give ourselves away."

[sblock=Stealth] Stealth = 1d20+2 = 6 gah! Sorry! Did I mention that Arkavas has a hard time keeping quiet? The post above is an attempt to add humor to a bad die roll. [/sblock]

Impact

First Post
"Ok, then.. now that we're in here, there's no sense in making noise to wake the dead. Let's take it slow."

Radtash, still in his beast form, projects a thought to the group: "I believe I can help keep the volume down. If you will all allow it, I can facilitate telepathic communication between anyone in the group. My late mentor taught me this skill. I believe he called it a group mindlink.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
I say. This is nice
- my nose itches -
, but I'm
- heavens it's dark down here -
finding it hard to to keep from
- I should have stopped in Wroat for some woundpatches-
being
- how far down does this hallway go anyway -
interrupted by stray
- at least I'm not in some moldy old library -
thoughts.

Velmont

First Post
Arkavas leads the way down the stairs. As he arrives at the bottom, he grabs the sunrod and take a moment to looks around. Sweetness, eager to see action, step a bit more foward, and stay at the side of the artificer.

In front of you, a 20-foot-wide hall leads east. Dirt and black feathers are strewn everywhere. At the far end, a barricade of tumbled stone stands before splintered and broken iron double doors. Two hooded heads poke over the barricade, watching the approach.

At that moment, you hear the voice of Arkavas coming from the end of the Hall "Please help me. I'm captive here. Please, release me. That " Another voice, Sweetness's voice, answers to the first "Shut up, meat. I will eat you, like others."

[SBLOCK=OOC]The map can be found here:

Stormcrow Tor Map

Scroll down a bit to see where you are. The remaining is black as it is unknown to you. I have created an icon for each of you, as you are all different races, I think you'll have no difficulty to identify yourself. The two sticks characters are the unknown hooded head you've spot.[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads