Adventure Summary Incentives

Manzanita

First Post
I wouldn't be opposed to having more than 1 DM credit awarded for a particularly useful summary post. We're not looking for 'story hours' of course. We're looking for consise material that will help future DMs and players.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Manzanita said:
I wouldn't be opposed to having more than 1 DM credit awarded for a particularly useful summary post. We're not looking for 'story hours' of course. We're looking for consise material that will help future DMs and players.
Yep, though at this point I guess I don't care much about that addendum any more--I mean, it's not like I was going to vote against the proposal, but it has dropped below the level of GM credits that could motivate me to spend that much time and effort. Still, I know there are people who like to do this (for me it's like pulling hairs...and maybe splashing salt on it afterwards), so I'm glad they'll be getting something if they do it (that's why I wouldn't vote against--it's painful to vote against something that gives people something when you want them to have more because your vote against might mean they get nothing at all).

Here's an interesting question--I recall the idea for judge review, but what about GM review of summaries of their own adventures by other people? What if someone summarises an adventure extremely poorly and/or inaccurately because they are not the GM and the GM is aware of this? Will the summary be removed so that it won't be misleading?

Patlin

Explorer
The lengthy reasoning behind my YES vote just got eaten by the internet... I vote YES to the proposal as quoted by Manzanita.

LogicsFate

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Here's an interesting question--I recall the idea for judge review, but what about GM review of summaries of their own adventures by other people? What if someone summarises an adventure extremely poorly and/or inaccurately because they are not the GM and the GM is aware of this? Will the summary be removed so that it won't be misleading?

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I were to lets say I spend all the time doing a quest with a lot of misdirection and lies...
I would appriciate a email from the GM, with them telling me what's parts of my posts are incorrect or what parts are outright lies. Without drawing attention to them, I'd take down the items that are false and feel a lot better about the post. Or make any changes the GM wishes. Including removing possible spoilers.
I can only hope any summeries I write are not placed in the poorly written, and only remain temporaryly in the inaccurate section.

KriticalFailure

First Post
I"m not exactly sure what it is that you mean but I think I might have a suggestion. You could write the summary as if your character was writing in a journal, that way he would record the lies as truths, only to later discover they were lies and mention that later in the summary. Dunno if that helped at all..just throwing in my two cents.

LogicsFate

First Post
That is if I planned on doing many summeries...

Undoubtably the summeries I will eventually do for story line purposes will be as told by my characters and will... well, be longwinded.

Should I do story write ups for other games?

I doubt I'd be able to give more than a bare bones "thing". if I was trying to write out a story that I had no part in?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I'm not sure we really need a formal system of GM review. The idea, as has been mentioned several times, is not to add to a GM's already heavy workload. I would hope that a GM who noticed glaring errors in a review would say something, but I don't think we want to demand anything.

In any case, at the very worst it's better than nothing. And at best, it's an easily accessible, extensive catalog of all things LEW!

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"A flavorful retelling in the words of Volidar the Bard OR your PC in the adventure, to be posted in Volidar's thread."

Perhaps? I still think the crunchy summary is a necessity.

LogicsFate

First Post
Perhaps, perhaps. I'll give it a shot or two, but I may never be comfortable with telling someone else's story.

Sample story The Curse of House Thimbral.

[sblock]There once was a man named Thimbral,
inflicted with a curse most umbral.
So to Orussus he traversed,
In an attempt to remove the curse,
He hired a group most neutral.

Indeed the second verse would be worse than the first.

(I'd have to double check their alinments, from their actions, Brutal or comical might work too.) ;) [/sblock]

Remove ads