[Adventure]: The Bane of the Black Dragon (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Voda Vosa

First Post
" What? I grin all the time, it's called sadistic satisfaction. You are saying "Minions are a dime a dozen" and I am the one who should be suspected to be a traitor only because I enjoyed the death we gave to these goblins? We all sat patiently as they killed each other, don't you dare point your finger at me, because it's as bloodstained as mine.
You said it yourself, Vlastodes tried to bore into both our minds, I believe you were not able to counter his willpower, and are now serving him. This way you can separate me from the group, and without arcane support, the rest will surely fall in any magical traps ahead."
Vermitrax retorted. "But whatever, I'll stand aside and let you lead these fools to their doom; if that's what THEY want."

Luinnar

First Post
I highly resent an accusation of being enthralled by anything less than a dragon! Sharpe says, he was never good at a battle of wits. Besides, the voices said you were offered to join the bad guy, and they are never wrong.

Back me up Mr. Monk! he says turning to Drew. You've known me a couple encounters longer than most of the rest. And plus you think you are a dragon!

OOC: I'll just assume this was before Drew sped off :)

*Deep sigh*
"No, Sharpe, I don't think I'm a dragon. And, for what it's worth, I don't think you would join a bad guy simply because you couldn't stand to serve. Vermitrax could probably hold his contempt in for a time, but I don't intend to accuse anyone without seeing something's wrong. "

resigned voice turns stronger and snaps
"Now, stop bickering like grannies on the market and focus!"

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I thought Drew did think he was a dragon? (or does he know he is a dragon? ;))

Well fine! See if I care when he stabs you in the back! I'll just say, I told you so, never trust somebody I don't trust! Sharpe says haughtily.

You first treacherous necromancer!
he motions to Vermitrax.

He's just a monk of the dragon temple. They have legend of serving the dragon and taking the style of fighting and other things from the dragon(s). At best they venerate them...of course, he IS dragon monk, just not the dragon :)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Vermitras sighs. "Alright Sharpe, I'll go ahead, if that serves to keep us moving. I am more than able to obliterate anything that stands in my way." with the unspoken threat, Vermitrax picks up his staff and moves through the bend in the tunnel.

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: Short rest after last goblin went down

As the party moves slowly to the bend in the in the cave passage, carefully stepping over the dead and the dying goblins of both clans, Vermitrax moves ahead of the group and looks beyond the bend. Moving forward, he allows the others to get a view as well.

The party sees a 20 foot wide well constructed corridor with smooth walls and smooth floor for

[sblock=Dungeoneering 15]
This passageway was not constructed by the goblins. Only a dwarf could have produced such quality.
[sblock=Dungeoneering 20]
You notice that the passageway is descending at a constant grade.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=perception 15]
You notice cracks carved into the wall at opposite sides of the passageway that form the outline of a door.
[sblock=perception 20]
A large, well hidden pressure plate extends the entire width of the passageway
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

ooc: map has been updated. Please place your characters within two squares as a free action from their current location as I didn't know where you wanted to be. From there, each hero can take their turns.

RedBeardJim

First Post
"Hssht!" hisses Gellan, raising one hand quickly. He carefully moves forward, then back to the group. He points with one tan'gat to the locations of the doors and the floor plate. "The stone is wrong there. This place is well made against intruders."

OOC: Perception check: 28.

"I had an opportunity to observe this while scouting: the passage goes down slightly and was made by the race more advanced then goblins, probably dwarves. Also, there is a big pressure plate across the hall which probably slams some kind of portculis or weapon from this here cracks. Let me see if I can disable some or all of it."

Young monk looks over the apparatus.

Passive perception 22
Dungeoneering (1d20+5=22)
Thievery (1d20+12=31)

Remove ads