(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

Sparky

Rainca's eyes follow the path of a bird circling far above. She stands, poised lightly on the balls of her feet, bow in hand, bristling quiver at the ready. She looks plenty prepared.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The councilman manages to pretend that the hungry hungry half orc doesn't exist and adresses the precense of arms. "The town watch has four cermomonial swords that they wear. They are kept sharp but hadn't been drawn for use in a decade when these attacks started... One of them is now owned by the bandits, and I've seen one of them carry it, so apparently he thinks its an adequate weapon." He pauses to take a drink of wine, seeming both angry and embarrassed at how his town has faired. "In any case, three remain that you two could use, and there are some bows that members of the council use for hunting... I'm sure your followers could find some clubs or something...."

Outside the wagon, Redarn watched Ranica loping alongside and after a while coughs and says "uh, nice day for it..."

Protean

Still the Same
Still obsessively cleaning away at his, Joseph looks up to the councilman. "While I'm here, would it be possible to get some information about how these raiders conduct themselves, something that might help me get ahold of their tracks, perhaps?"

OOC:If there's anything I can do to improve my posts please let me know. This is my first PbP experience.

Last edited:

buzzard

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
"In any case, three remain that you two could use, and there are some bows that members of the council use for hunting... I'm sure your followers could find some clubs or something...."

[/COLOR]

"You have food for while we are there? If so, I have all I need. Well unless Gath here eats it all." Lupic says while watching Gath gorge himself.

buzzard

Hof

Explorer
"Our memory may be somewhat imprecise.. Did you already specify how long the journey will take? In any case, it would probably be a good plan to tell us all you know about these brigands while we travel, and also about the lands in which they operate. Perhaps we may be able to make a decent guess as to where there hideout could be."

Dioran nods in Dar'maryon's direction, indicating his agreement to Josephs approach.

Sparky

Rainca draws near the wagon and addresses those inside pitching her voice to carry over the creak of tack and wood and wind. Her eyes never stop scanning the horizon, "Yes, Council Man. Hunters must know their quarry. Worms and wolves both live under rocks. What will Rainca find when she runs these hoar-suns to ground?"

Her eyes pause in their roaming vigilance to pin the councilman with her hawk's gaze, "And Rainca would know why they fill you with anger instead of fear."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
OOC: the wagon does have cloth sides, so Riance can here and talk to the ocuopants, but not see them unless she is dirctely behind or hopping on for a bit.

When he hears Ranica's question, the councilman stiffens and pitches his voice a little louder. "A trueborn does not fear a whoreson! To do so elevates them beyond their station. They aren't wolves or worms, they are wasps - dangerous, yes, and beyond my ability to exterminate, but not an enemy to be feared or bargined with. They are vermin, and I am calling you in to rid me of them!" Calming, he lowers his voice, and addresses Joseph and Dorian. "My home is in the rolling hills preceeding the northern mountains. It will take us till tommorrow evening to reach there. There have been attempts to mine the hills in the past and abandoned shafts sometimes trap an unwarey herder. Such a place could easily be their den. I imagine they conduct themselves in the slovenly style of their breeding, and should not be hard to track down. They come into town once or twice a week, taking what they want from the stores, breaking windows to get in if they are barred." He grimaces in anger "They play...games with anyone who stands against them, and humiliate any figures of authority they find. I don't know what else to tell you, my sash makes me a target, so I don't stay where I can watch them or be spotted. Perhaps this evening, my brother will be able to give you more information on their numbers or habits."

He busies himself with some papers and speaks after that only to offer you wine. As the sun sets, the wagon turns into the yard of a large inn, and The councilman perks up again. "The sign of the Counting Owl is well known for its table and wines. I shall reserve rooms for us while Redarn sees to the stabling. I assume your followers can guard the horses tonight - we'll send some meat and, err, grog out to them..."

Hof

Explorer
Dioran looks at the two half-orcs, thinking to himself:
Did the councilman call them our followers? Perhaps.. an amusing thought, if not entirely untrue. We shall-
- Help them find their self-confidence and try to make Theric accept them as they are. -
- No, dupe them and use their muscle to our advantage. Abuse their weak intellects as we see fit! -
- No! We? I?...
We shall let them decide for themselves. Yes.

Looking somewhat troubled, Dioran saunters into the inn, apparently oblivious to the people around him.

Last edited:

Protean

Still the Same
Joseph takes a glance at Dioran's troubled expression, taking a moment to fidget with his beard.

First Observation: Dioran's moral dependencies act as a threshold. Perhaps a philosophy discussion would bear some fruit.

Second Observation: Although I am by no means a hero, heroism here, even presented falsely, would be a boon to my reputation.

Third Observation: It would do me good to befriend these half-orcs. They seem intensely loyal and impressionable.

Fourth Observation: Stop over-plotting. You may be a gifted hunter, but are no leader of men. It could start looking suspicious soon.

Taking a cask of wine in his fingerless leather gloves Joseph walks into the tavern, his steps more rythmic then usual. Before he enters the tavern he calls out to the councilman.

"Perhaps a glass of wine would do you good sir. It is not best for a man to be consumed with duty while the air of the night is upon him."

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Gath Stonefist

Gath looks at the councilman, strait in the eyes. "You talk too much. Bandit smash you because you talk too much. And me not follower, me Gath !"

Remove ads