(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

buzzard

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
He busies himself with some papers and speaks after that only to offer you wine. As the sun sets, the wagon turns into the yard of a large inn, and The councilman perks up again. "The sign of the Counting Owl is well known for its table and wines. I shall reserve rooms for us while Redarn sees to the stabling. I assume your followers can guard the horses tonight - we'll send some meat and, err, grog out to them..."

Lupic looks rather worriedly at the Inn knowing he does not have the means to pay for his stay. Hearing this last bit of talk from the Councilman, he leaps at his chance "I will watch the horses as long as you pay for my food. Horses need company too. I don't like the looks of that Inn anyway."

buzzard

Sparky

Rainca listened to Therick's heated reply and nodded, withdrawing from the wagon into thought. Is this man brave or braying... stag or ass? ...must wait and see... As the day wore on she ranged further from the wagon, singing wordlessly in her husky, flute-like voice. Patterns in the song revealed themselves to any who paid it much mind.

After Therick's words outside the Counting Owl she draws near the wagon, squinting, watching the councilman closely. She smiles imagining him with a yoke and pack saddle. She watches silently as Dioran descends from the wagon and her eyes follow his progress to the inn and her eyes glitter with amusement at Gath's indignant response. She inclines her head as Joseph passes, the respect of one predator for another and turns her attention back to Therick, walking, back straight, head high, to the wagon's step holding out a hand to Therick to help him down.

"The dark one is correct. Lupic and Rainca will watch the horses. Is there a pool nearby, Council Man?"

[OOC: How do you do spoiler text? And - this is fun everyone - thanks!]

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GPEKO said:
Gath looks at the councilman, strait in the eyes. "You talk too much. Bandit smash you because you talk too much. And me not follower, me Gath !"

The councilman seems taken aback, and his brother Redarn steps in smoothly. "Gath, perhaps you could help me settle the horses, the grey mare kicks a bit and she needs a firm hand..." If he can get Lupic, Gath and Rainca into the stables he will speak to them privately. "My brother is a good leader in our home, but he's too steeped in those specific traditions. He doesn't mean to be rude, he just assumes that all people fall together as we do. Others in Bluerun will make the same assumptions, so perhaps its better for you to encounter them here." He grins a bit as he rubs down the horses. "And on the bright side, while the Counting Owl sets a nice table, their beds tend to be full of mites - I assure you that blankets over clean straw will get you a better night's rest than your companions will have... I'm thinking of begging off my room to 'guard' them myself."

He nods to Rainca. "You were right, by the way, he ought to be frightened, but again, he just won't let himself think that way. He won't bargin with these youths, because they aren't truesons. He won't treat with you two," he nods to the half orcs, "for the same reason, and your manners of course, and you, lady warrior, simply confuse him." He grins again and adds, "Well, you confuse me too of course, but I've traveled more and have more expereince in being confused."

buzzard

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
He nods to Rainca. "You were right, by the way, he ought to be frightened, but again, he just won't let himself think that way. He won't bargin with these youths, because they aren't truesons. He won't treat with you two," he nods to the half orcs, "for the same reason, and your manners of course, and you, lady warrior, simply confuse him." He grins again and adds, "Well, you confuse me too of course, but I've traveled more and have more expereince in being confused."

"Lupic has known many who didn't like half orcs. This nothing new. As long as I get paid and get food, I don't care what he thinks" replies Lupic.

GPEKO

First Post
Gath looks serious and focused for the first time. "Gath know many of those too. But Gath tire of it. Gath no accept doubaug* no more. Gath smash !" A smile suddenly reappear in his face. "Now we eat and glook." With that, he enters the inn.

* For those speaking orcish :
Loosely translates to beatings and/or abuse.

OOC : Sparky, simply wrap your text in {spoiler} and {/spoiler} replacing the {} by [], of course.

Sparky

She works quietly at unhitching the horses, listening to Redarn in silence. She looks from Lupic to Gath in turn as the two speak. Her eyes flicker in the dim light of the stables. Slipping the pack from her shoulders Rainca misses a grab for Gath's arm as he leaves.

She blinks and stoops to open her pack, "Rainca sees blood in that one's eyes." She fishes out three earthen mugs and lifts a well hidden skin from around her neck. Singing a low tune she un-stoppers the skin and pours a small quantity of wine into each mug. Still squatting she hands a mug to Lupic and one to Redarn, "Drink with Rainca."

She stands and raises her mug, "Blood of the Laugher!" she cries drinking the wine at a gulp. With her head thrown back she makes an odd, barking ululation. She wipes out her mug with a dark sash and begins to unsling her weapons, axe, kukri, javelins, bow and arrows. She lifts her head at the whicker of one of the stabled horses and looks at Redarn.

buzzard

First Post
Sparky said:
She works quietly at unhitching the horses, listening to Redarn in silence. She looks from Lupic to Gath in turn as the two speak. Her eyes flicker in the dim light of the stables. Slipping the pack from her shoulders Rainca misses a grab for Gath's arm as he leaves.

She blinks and stoops to open her pack, "Rainca sees blood in that one's eyes." She fishes out three earthen mugs and lifts a well hidden skin from around her neck. Singing a low tune she un-stoppers the skin and pours a small quantity of wine into each mug. Still squatting she hands a mug to Lupic and one to Redarn, "Drink with Rainca."

Never one to refuse a free drink, Lupic takes the mug looking at the wine and sniffing it "Thanks".

Sparky said:
She stands and raises her mug, "Blood of the Laugher!" she cries drinking the wine at a gulp. With her head thrown back she makes an odd, barking ululation. She wipes out her mug with a dark sash and begins to unsling her weapons, axe, kukri, javelins, bow and arrows. She lifts her head at the whicker of one of the stabled horses and looks at Redarn.

"Uhh, OK, thanks for the wine" mutters Lupic as he moves to tend to the horses and find an appealing patch of straw for later.

buzzard

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sparky said:
OOC: What does XXXXXX in the thread title mean, anyway?

OOC: *snicker* Inside joke, sort of. I actually tried to start this adventure once before, in another village but there were no takers for it. Since I wanted to introduce a character of my own (who would have naturally taken the adventure due to her personality) I took it off the board as it were by having a third party come in and accept it. (which wasn't as good for the vilage as that sounds ;) ) The X's are the name of the original destination crossed out and replaced with the town that the bandits have now moved on too.

Still squatting she hands a mug to Lupic and one to Redarn, "Drink with Rainca."

Redarn takes about half the wine in his gulp then settles back to sip the rest and watch Rainca. "Do you know how to use all of those, or were you planning on equiping your own army?" he asks with a lazy grin.

OOC: Gpeko, if you can describe how Gath makes his entrance into the Inn, we'll see if anything, er, roleplay intensive come of it. :)

GPEKO

First Post
Gath

Gath enters the inn, looks around and observes the patrons before approaching the counter. "Hot stew and gloobock !" he says while making a motion as if he was drinking from a mug.

OOC : Sorry if I was holding the game in any way. Also, shouldn't we have a judge for this game ?

Remove ads