(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

buzzard

First Post
I'm gonna be lazy and ask if you happen to have running totals for us. I recall that we got experience for the fight some time ago, but I have no idea how much that was. I'm reasonably sure it exceeded 40 exp, but I'd like the number. If you don't know conveniently, I'll go back and search.

Buzzard

Kahuna Burger

First Post
buzzard said:
I'm gonna be lazy and ask if you happen to have running totals for us. I recall that we got experience for the fight some time ago, but I have no idea how much that was. I'm reasonably sure it exceeded 40 exp, but I'd like the number. If you don't know conveniently, I'll go back and search.

Buzzard
everyone had 600 xp so far, and a couple of you have noted it on your sheets.

You need to submit your characters for reapproval, but also let me know. I don't mind continuing this before they are all officially reapproved, but you won't be able to leave the inn on new adventures until the proper mod has oked the upgrades.

Kahuna Burger

Sparky

KB:
Last check in for two weeks. Sorry to have bailed so suddenly - the wedding has been creeping up for months and - pow! - it's here! As for tactics against a large group Rainca will, not unlike the first battle, take ranged attackers and casters first using her barbarian speed to close quickly into melee. If there are two or more groups she'll close with the group nearest Dioran, as he's likely to be a target. She'll use similar intimidation tactics that you've seen to cow the more lily-livered sorts and pick out the toughs. If she drops to half HP she'll Rage and tear anyone (barring allies) to shreds, though they're best warned not to approach when she's ridden by the Blood Father. :) It's too bad she's not leveling to 3rd... Die Hard! Best. Barbarian. Feat. Ever. Take care and have fun.

buzzard

First Post
Sorry, haven't looked up the submitting stuff yet. However the changes are pretty minimal.

fighter level
+X HP (don't know what the rules are here)
+1 BAB
power attack
+1 to intimidate (He's just a skill machine isn't he?)

buzzard

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Ooc: ok, still need Hof to update, esp if he will be adding new spells to his character... I think protean is MIA as he last posted anywhere on enworld in april, :( but I will npc his character & rainca if sparky isn't back by the time I have the updates....

In any case, the group returns to town and has a good dinner. Just around sunset, when you are considering whether to stay up and wait for Andrew's messenger or go to sleep, there is a shout from the guards at the main road. A single rider on one of the whoreson's horses is galloping towards town; a slightly dingy flag of truce visible in the evening light.

GPEKO

First Post
Gath

At the sight of the rider, Gath take is polearm with both hands, ready to 'defend' himself. Then, he remembers the earlier advice of Rainca and stands down. "He be enemy or friend? Me mix up bad."

Buzzard: About hp, I think it's 75% of the maximum value of the dice, so 7.

Hof

Explorer
ooc:
Ok, update is done:
Sorcerer level
+3 HP (75% of d4) so a grand total of 9 now, including constitution bonus
+1 BAB
+1 to Concentration, Craft (Weaving), Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft.
+0.5 to Knowledge: the Planes
Spell gained: Read Magic. (Whoa! a whole new level 0 spell, super!)

Also, am I supposes to mail a judge about the new level?

IC:
Dioran makes sure he is wearing the armband the townsfolk need to recognize him as one of their hired defenders. He then walks to just before the guard (saying "We will handle this. Stand easy" in a reassuring manner as he walks past), urging his companions to join him there.
When the rider is within speaking distance Dioran addresses the man: "That is close enough. State your business."

buzzard

First Post
Lupic will go outside and then await developments. He understands what the flag means, so he won't attack anyone. Yet.

buzzard

Sparky

OOC: Howdy all, I'm back and all married. Rainca is updated in the character thread and I'm headed over to the discussion thread to let folks know I'm back.

Last edited:

Remove ads