(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

Knight Otu

First Post
Hof said:
Also, am I supposes to mail a judge about the new level?
[Yep, for re-approval. To the character judge, Nimisgod. Sorry for the late reply, must have missed it at first, and then personal reasons struck.]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Hey all, I figured that it would be quicker if I posted here instead of replying to Sparky's email (thanks for contacting me, Sparky and GPEKO). The updates to everyone's characters look fine. Please adjust your character sheets if you haven't yet. And yes, 75% of the maximum Hit Die roll plus CON modifier is the rule for Hit Dice above 1st level. Oh, and welcome back, Sparky.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
ooc: Hey all, I figured that it would be quicker if I posted here instead of replying to Sparky's email (thanks for contacting me, Sparky and GPEKO). The updates to everyone's characters look fine. Please adjust your character sheets if you haven't yet. And yes, 75% of the maximum Hit Die roll plus CON modifier is the rule for Hit Dice above 1st level.

Oh, and welcome back, Sparky.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
ooc: Hey all, I figured that it would be quicker if I posted here instead of replying to Sparky's email (thanks for contacting me, Sparky and GPEKO). The updates to everyone's characters look fine. Please adjust your character sheets if you haven't yet.

And yes, 75% of the maximum Hit Die roll plus CON modifier is the rule for Hit Dice above 1st level.

Buzzard, if you're still interested in picking up a deity for Lupic to worship, there's a Living Enworld Pantheon thread stickied in the forum.

Oh, and welcome back, Sparky.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
[apology] sorry for the delay, even though I'm working less, I'm spending most of my free time napping or doing various forms of baby prep. I will try to update at least twice a week.[/apology]

The rider stops when ordered and calls out to the group. "I was sent with a message to Lady Rainca and her companions!" At closer range, you can see that he has a large bruise on the side of his face and looks to have been involved in a major scuffle. "When Andrew presented your offer to the Whoresons, he was challanged in his leadership by Richard the Brute. The majority of the Whoresons stood by Andrew and we prevented Richard and his followers from taking any of the better weapons or the horses, but they are on their way directly here - they say they will destroy Bluerun entirely to show that they are stronger than Andrew." The young man pauses to breath deeply for a few seconds and you here the local gaurds whispering to each other about 'The Brute' before he continues. "I circled far around to avoid encountering them on my way here, and I don't think I'm that far ahead of them. You should prepare yourself for a night assault. I will help you if you will have me, I'm good with a bow and hold no love for those who would split our forces when we are so close to our goals."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Due to a number of non-LEW related factors, I’m going to be leaving EN World entirely, pretty much immediately. I’m very sorry for any disruption this causes due to games I’m running or involved with, especially after my recent posting slowdown. If another DM or a judge would be willing to finish out the games I have, I’d be happy to provide any spoilers or plans that would be helpful in that. My characters can be NPCed until the end of their current adventures, or if anyone would like them, feel free to ask. I will still be available for limited email gaming or play by post on other boards (I’m at randomling’s house sometimes) if anyone has enjoyed my play style sufficiently to look me up.

Sorry again for the seemingly sudden nature of this decision, and for any problems my leaving causes. I was hoping to get my games finished up before it came to this, but it was not to be.

To follow up on any of the above, please AIM me or email my yahoo account Kahuna_burger73.

Kahuna Burger

Sparky

Upon the group's return to Bluerun, Rainca's jovial manner dissipates as she realizes the weight of the tasks before her. She takes her leave of the companions and disappears for quite some time. Occasionally, the shifting wind carries her hollow, rasping voice or strains of her wistful flute over the rooftops and down the streets between Bluerun's huts and houses. She returns a fierce light in her eye, blood streaking her cheeks like wild tears, voice harsh and quiet, raw from her song and prayer, one long cut on each of her palms.

"The Blood Father has let his daughter go. He sits upon Rainca's brow, but the songs of the Mother have cooled his rage."

She turns her face skyward... I will return to you one day, Father of Battle and Blood. I have not forsaken you, nor, I hope, have you forsaken me ...and a wind gusts through the streets, tugging at clothes on lines and swirling the smoke from cookfires. As it passes the changed barbarian woman, she smiles.

She is speaking with the imprisoned almost-hoar-suns, telling them of the developing events, when the rider arrives. She turns out onto the street with the others and listens to the man's words. She draws breath sharply, from most it would be a gasp, from her it is more an animal sound of anger. She squints.

"We would have you, swiftrider." Rainca stands straight, craning her neck around her companions. She asks, "Where is Redarn Horsewarden? He must warn Council Man Therick."

She flexes her shoulders under her leathers, "Swiftrider, tell Rainca and the others about what we will face. How many come? From what direction? Who will they attack?" This is spoken over her shoulder, as she heads for the home of the Serin sisters.

"Sisters," she barks, "Sisters!" thumping an unlimbered javelin on their doorstep.

Calm... the Blood Father has not retreated so far as Rainca had hoped. She paces on their doorstep listening to the others and the words of the rider. She grins at the ground and then up at the others as she waits for the sisters to reply, "Lupic Strong Arm, Dioran Uthelem, Warrior Gath Stonefist, Joseph Dar'maryon... it has been Rainca's honor to fight alongside all of you." She smiles, "The Gray Vulture hovers over all of us, let us see that she feeds these fools to her chicks tonight and feathers her nest with their hair."

OOC: And I was just thinking of making Kirin's little sister. :) I'm sorry to see you go Kahuna Burger. Really. Good luck with things and I hope your married parenting life is happy. Be sure to come back and visit from time to time. I think it's important to LEW that adventures can have some continuity when DMs and Players depart (especially DMs)... can I help with the transition to another DM some how?

Knight Otu

First Post
Sparky said:
can I help with the transition to another DM some how?
Hopefully.:) For now, this is just a roll call. Who is around, and is there anything specific your characters want to do before the trouble begins?

buzzard

First Post
Being roughly dumb as a post, Lupic's planning accumen will amount to finding a place where maybe he can avoid being flanked in the area the bandits are expected. [Gath being even dumber will probably wait and drool-just kidding]

buzzard

Remove ads