[Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: sorry i went for Skyla and then forgot about the monsters..........

After witnessing the devastating attack of the shardmind the goblins open fire with their cross bows on it but with little effect.

The two remaining skeletons are not so clever. They rush forard and attack Kruor, but their rusted swords bounce harmlessly off of his mettle skin.

"i am Madgutt *cough cough* the Odiferous!......Fear.....Me" You hear a voice shout from the top of the stairs. You then hear Madgutt make his way up the spiral stairs.

[sblock=combat]18+6 hits the shard mind for 10 damage

all other attacks missed and madgutt ran. (taking another 7 damage)

players turn.

This was going to be a hard encounter but you just totaled it. good work Arshaka.....

again sorry about the slowness of the post and thanks doe your patience. I'm still here and posting. [/sblock]

OOC: I think Eldreth got skipped last round. Because she failed the perception check, i think i was expecting there to be a surprise round (rather than just actions being taken) and in my last post, only Kror had taken any actions. Eldreth would have just done a double-move to get up the stairs. Would it be okay if Eldreth just started this round at the top of the stairs?

treex

First Post
"Then me is Kruor! Kruor the...uh...everything-is-delishus-to-me! No, wait, that's no good." the brief pause was enough to let Madgutt get away from Kruor's grasps...

"What's an odipherus now?" Kruor wonders to himself. "Me need good title, gooder than Goblinman. Uh, Kruor, um....He Who Burns in the Sun...no wait, that make Kruor sound weak."

At the moment, it appears that Kruor is expending most of his thoughts on being "witty". Despite his best efforts, anything that he comes up with just seems to be missing something.

Someone

Adventurer
The gigglind fey (?) creature floats behind the distracted moving lumps of toys... er, bones attacking Kruor. He uses its diminutive club to dislodge one of the skeletons skulss, then picks it up and smashes it against the other one's rib cage. Both undead crumble into dust and the pixie dances a merry gig over the remains.

[sblock=actions]
Start at the stairs (I took G21 as the starting point)
Move: To current position
Standard: Five storms on Skeleton 1 and 2. It barely hits skeleton 1, damage is irrelevant and it's destroyed. Disregard comment about skeleton being flanked, it was a mistake made when counting squares.
Free: Flurry of blows on Skeleton 2, takes 7 damage and it's destroyed.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Arshaka stands unmoving in the corner of the room. He reaches out again with his larger right hand, grasping at the injured goblin atop the wooden platform. His exertions a moment ago seem to take their toll though as the Shardmind has trouble getting a mental grip on his target.

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start=
Minor=
Move=
Standard= 1d20+6=11 Missed on the kinetic trawl(w/ 1 power point spent for augment) attack vs. Goblins Sharpshooter #4.
Free=
End=
[sblock=Arshaka Stat block]Arshaka- Male Shardmind Psion (Telekinetic) 3
Passive Perception: +22, Passive Insight: +20, Initiative: +1 AC: 17, Fort: 12, Reflex: 16, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6
HP: 20/20, Bloodied: 10, Surge Value: 5, Surges left: 6/6
Action Points: 0/1, Milestones: .5 Second Wind: not used
:bmelee: Basic Attack: +1 Staff of the Renewing Source: +1 vs AC / 1d8 damage (+1d6 on crit)
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: Kinetic Trawl: +6 vs Ref / 1d8+7 force damage and pull target 1 square.

Power Points: 1/4
Powers-
At-Will:

Force Punch
Kinetic Trawl
Burning Flux

Encounter:
Shard Swarm
Far Hand
Forceful Push
Intellect Forteress
Daily:
Telekinetic Anchor

Magic Items:
Staff of Renewing Source (daily) - USED
Psyweave Cloak (daily)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Finally at the top of the stairs, huffing slightly from the exertion of hauling herself up there in full plate mail, carrying a rather heavy hammer. She was quite fit, but still, it was a lot of work. Sucking in a quick breath, she spotted two goblins in the corner, and another two on top of a high wooden platform. Not realizing just how unstable the floor in front of her was, she proceeded to charge straight at the two goblins on the west side of the tower. Eldreth's mistake was not paying enough attention to the shattered pieces of stone laying about on the ruined floor. When she was just outside of attack range of the goblins, her foot slipped on a round-ish piece of rubble. She tried her best to recover her footing, and did, but it caused her swing to go just slightly wide enough to miss the bugger's head. Not willing to let a near miss spell disaster for herself or her team, Eldreth twists around with the momentum of her hammer and comes back around, smashing into the goblin's side. It wasn't enough to kill him, but it surely slowed him down a bit and got his attention. Eldreth stares daggers at both the goblin she hit, and its adjacent friend.

"Gimme whatcha got, ye filthy, evil, waste o'life! Jus' you try an' shoot me wit' those puny stick spitters..." she taunted, hauling her heavy metal shield before her.

[sblock=Actions]
NOTE: Eldreth's Defender Aura is currently active.

Starts turn at H21

-- Minor: Switch to Defend the Line stance.
-- Move: Move from H21 to E21
-- Standard: Charge from E21 to B24, attacking GS2 with MBA; She hits AC 15, which misses.
-- Free: Action point
--- AP Standard: MBA vs GS2: She hits AC 16 for 10 damage. GS2 is slowed until the end of Eldreth's next turn.

GS2 and GS1 affected by:

Defender Aura (At-Will Minor Action Personal ✦ Aura)Knight Utility
Effect: Eldreth activates an aura 1 that lasts until she ends it as a minor action, or until she falls unconscious. While in the aura, any enemy takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls when it makes an attack that does not include among its targets either Eldreth, or an ally of Eldreth who has this aura active. Marked enemies are not subject to this aura.
and may be affected by:

Battle Guardian (At-Will Opportunity Action ✦ Martial)Knight Attack
Trigger: An enemy subject to Eldreth's Defender Aura either shifts, or makes an attack that targets an ally of Eldreth but not Eldreth herself or an ally of Eldreth who has an active Defender Aura.
Effect: Eldreth makes a melee basic attack against the triggering enemy. If the attack misses, the enemy still takes 5 damage.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Eldreth's Stats]
Eldreth Forgemark - Dwarf Knight 1
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 20, Fort 17, Reflex 12, Will 10
HP 32/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 12/13
Speed 5, Initiative +0
Action Points: 1, Second Wind []
MBA - +8 vs AC, 1d10(b2)+7 damage RBA - +8 vs AC, Range: 5/10, 1d6+7 damage
At-Will Powers: Defender Aura, Battle Guardian , Defend the Line, Cleaving Assault
Encounter Powers: Power Strike [], Stone Panoply [], Dwarven Resilience []
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Grimmjow

First Post
As Eldreth steps out into the center of the room to charge the goblins the floor falls out from underneath her!! She manages to leap back just in time to avoid plummeting to the floor below. "Oh boy" Says Skyla as she watches Eldreth almost fall."Best go around." However, as she says this she begins to step out onto the floor. Before her foot even hits the ground she's gone, standing on the other end of the room. Challenging one goblin to battle she attempts to bring down her sword on the closer one, but the goblin manages to dodge to the side of her attack.

[sblock=actions]Move action = fey step from G20 to C25
Standard action= Ardrent strike missing Goblin sharpshooter 2
Minor action used to mark goblin sharpshooter 1.

Goblin 2 shifts one square because he was missing by an attack.

OOC: CrimsonFlameWielder The floor fell out from under you! ;) Anyone who steps on the floor squares in the yellow let me see a attack (+5 vs your reflex) to see if you fall. Eldreth can do whatever she wants on her turn. According to rules if you arnt hit you go back to safe ground BUT if you defend against the first attack from the floor, you can decide to keep going. If you make it across without getting hit your on the other side and considered to be epic if not you fall (2d10 damage). either way the floor is no longer there where you were standing.

Again Eldreth may take her turn again and the goblin's will go after.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: Does that mean all of my previous attack rolls were invalidated, and I need to re-roll them, or would you prefer that I used the same results as was shown on my last turn?

Remove ads