[Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking

Phoenix8008

First Post
Arshaka moves further into the room and again flexes his larger right hand and this time his aim is true. He grabs the goblin in the far corner of the room and squeezes him hard, blood gushing out of every orifice. Then, just in case there is any life left in the creature, the shardmind yanks his hand back and pulls the goblin off the wooden platform and it pinwheels out to the middle of the room where it crashes through the floor and down to the first level below them with a thud and a splat.

[sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start=
Minor=
Move= Move 6 squares from H19 to B19.
Standard= 1d20+6=19, 1d10+7=16 Kinetic Trawl augmented with 1 power point, hits Goblin Sharpshooter #4 Ref 14, does 16 damage (killing it) and yanking the lifeless body 4 squares towards Arshaka so that it crashes down at E22 and through the floor to the level below.
Free=
End=
[sblock=Arshaka Stat block]Arshaka- Male Shardmind Psion (Telekinetic) 3
Passive Perception: +22, Passive Insight: +20, Initiative: +1 AC: 17, Fort: 12, Reflex: 16, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6
HP: 20/20, Bloodied: 10, Surge Value: 5, Surges left: 6/6
Action Points: 0/1, Milestones: .5 Second Wind: not used
:bmelee: Basic Attack: +1 Staff of the Renewing Source: +1 vs AC / 1d8 damage (+1d6 on crit)
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: Kinetic Trawl: +6 vs Ref / 1d8+7 force damage and pull target 1 square.

Power Points: 0/4
Powers-
At-Will:

Force Punch
Kinetic Trawl
Burning Flux

Encounter:
Shard Swarm
Far Hand
Forceful Push
Intellect Forteress
Daily:
Telekinetic Anchor

Magic Items:
Staff of Renewing Source (daily) - USED
Psyweave Cloak (daily)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: sorry for the long wait on this post guys. I had no idea so much time had passed i was thinking it was maybe day 3 or 4 :/

Skyla looks up at the platform. "No way I'm climbing up that without a rope," she says. Instead she turns to try to finish off the last goblin. While the goblin does not fall she gets a good chunk of it.

[sblock=Skyla's Actions]move from C25 to B26
standard action to finish off goblin with virtuous strike. [/sblock]

The goblin on the platform, seeing his allies lay dead all around him, runs to the edge of the platform and falls to his knees before the heros. "Please Spare Splug! Splug just following orders! He never wanted to hurt or maim you! He was only teasing when he said to other goblin's that he thought the metal thing looks no good for eating! He sure you very tasty! Please no hurt me! I can help you!!"

[sblock=insight 15]He seems to e content. Both about his name being Splug and the rest of it.[/sblock]

"Here i show you I can help!"
Slpug turns to the rope ladder and lets it down.

The choice is now up to you. Kill the poor little goblin, or do what you came here to do....'that is kill every last goblin'

[sblock=actions]Splug moves from I25 to E25
Standard to let the rope down[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Insight check 1d20+10=13

Somehow, perhaps due to extreme fear, the little goblins mind was closed to Arshaka. He could not gauge it's truthfullness. "Shall I finish this one?" he asks the others unemotionally while flexing his larger right hand in preperation.

treex

First Post
Kruor recalls back to the memories of when everyone had rations to eat, their faces beaming with satisfaction as they munched bite after bite. While Kruor had to go hungry...why Kruor have to go hungry? Kruor should have rations too!

"Um...if Kruor may speak. Remember when earlier we all had break to eat? Kruor want eat too, with friends. Can Kruor keep little goblin for munchies later?"

But only once the words had left his "mouth" did he remember something called "tact". "Oh! But of course, Kruor won't eat in front of friends, me can go around corner or something. Is just Kruor feel lonely when Kruor no get eats."

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: skyla killed the goblin next to you guys. ill change this post into the flavor and give the actions later tonight

edit:here it is guys

Moments before Splug begs for mercy and lowers the rope, in fact just before it happens, Skyla makes a slash at the goblin she is facing. Her sword strikes true and she beheads the goblin in a clean cut. Then she hears Splug's cries for mercy and turns toward him, unable to tell if he is honest or not. "If he is lieing to us, we dont want him sneaking in behind us on the next floor. Although i'm not sure if feeding him to you would be fair for him Kruor. Is there nothing more for you to eat? Besides, where would you put him?"

[sblock=Skyla's Actions]standard=virtuous strike against SS 1 HIT for 11 damage
Insight (1d20+7=12)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Eldreth wears a somewhat sickened look on her face when Kruor asks whether or not he can keep the goblin "for munchies", and a shiver runs down her spine.

"Skyla be right, Kruor. It be one thing if ye be usin' yer needles t'drink th'blood o' yer enemies. But if we be lettin' this feller go, an that be somethin' I be stric'ly 'possed t'doin', then he be not 'n enemy an' ye be havin' no rights t'be bringin' 'im along as a slave jus' waitin' fer 'is life t'end when ye decide ye be hungry. That just be cruel, m'friend. An' I say this not t'be mean, an I certainly aint angry wit' ye. Ye jus' seem t'have a lil' bit 'o trouble onna moral side. But we be here for ye, an happy t'set ye on the straight'n'narrow! I say ye either let 'im go, or ye eat 'im, or one 'o us finishes 'im off. Seein' as how yer kinda dependent onna blood, I'm all fer lettin' ye have him now, as I don' trust a goblin' far as a halflin' be throwin' 'em."

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: bump! lets eat the goblin or kill it or something so we can keep going with the adventure. only one more encounter and your heros are free for a new adventure

treex

First Post
"Yes, yes, goblin cannot be trusted!" Kruor says enthusiastically. "So Kruor must do right thing and cover tracks!"

He reaches and grabs the last, snivelling goblin and faces the group. "Well, Kruor be just around corner if you need me." he says, before hiding behind a pillar.

Shrieks and squeels are heard, as well as occassional the "Mmm" and slurping coming from Kruor. He comes back to the party with his fingers still dripping.

OOC: Finger licking good.

Eldreth still wasn't quite sure how she felt about a creature who's (mechanical) heart was in the right place, but had to subside on the life force of another "intelligent" living being, and felt the bile rise when she heard the squelches of metal piercing flesh, and fluids being drained away from its victim. Before Kruor could see her this way however, she steeled herself. After all, was there really any difference in how one killed? She herself had killed today in this tower, so was she any different. In her mind, Eldreth decided that she wasn't. Both she and Kruor were completing a task they were hired to do, and all for the greater good of the people of Daunton. Twirling her heavy hammer in both hands, she took in a deep breath and moved around the broken floor carefully, so as not to fall to her death below, and then started up the stairs, preparing herself physical and mentally for whatever they might find in the chamber above.

One of the little cowardly buggers had escaped up stairs, which meant that whatever was up there knew they were down here, and was waiting for them. A grin began to spread across her face.

"Jus' a'way I be likin' it. Bring yer big game, green heads, yer gonna be needin' it!"

OOC: Note that as Eldreth moves up the stairs, she is in Defend the Line stance

[sblock=Eldreth's Stats]
Eldreth Forgemark - Dwarf Knight 1
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 20, Fort 17, Reflex 12, Will 10
HP 32/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 12/13
Speed 5, Initiative +0
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
MBA - +8 vs AC, 1d10(b2)+7 damage RBA - +8 vs AC, Range: 5/10, 1d6+7 damage
At-Will Powers: Defender Aura, Battle Guardian , Defend the Line, Cleaving Assault
Encounter Powers: Power Strike [], Stone Panoply [], Dwarven Resilience [] [/sblock]

Remove ads