• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

raion

First Post
Tock glances towards Mal, then leaps backwards. He takes a swing at a hob as he lands, barely threatening it.

[sblock=actions]Move: Unbalancing Trick to shift to P7
Standard: Swing at H3
Attack vs H3; Damage (1d20+14=22, 1d6+9=11)[/sblock]

[sblock=Tock]Tock - Male Human Rogue (Thief) 5
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Ref: 21, Will: 16 -- Speed: 6
HP: 28/42, Bloodied: 21, Surge: 10, Surges left: 6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Tactician's Trick
Thug's Trick
Unbalancing Trick
Tumble
Backstab
Backstab(2)
Heroic Effort
Vanguard Short Sword Power
Dragonclaw Leather Armor Power

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Valintaquin_Tock_d'Tharashk_(froggalpha) [/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The battle raging around him, Haltor takes a moment to see to see to White-Eye, trying to get her back on her feet. It does not seem to take, but after a moment she seems to shake the legarthy, as does Haltor.[sblock=OOC]Use Heal to grant White-Eye a save: Succeed, but save Fails. Since no one is taking the healing, Haltor will and also the bonus save: Pass. White-Eye saves EOT.[/sblock][sblock=Haltor (White-Eye Prone)]Haltor—Male Halfling Warlord 5
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 14, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 34/42, Bloodied: 21, Surge: 10, Surges left: 1/7
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Brash Assault
Wolf Pact Tactics

Diabolic Stratagem
Flattening Charge

Lead by Example
Stand the Fallen

Inspiring Word x2
Second Chance
Rub Some Dirt On It

Dwarven Chainmail +1

White Eye—Female Clawfoot 3
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 16, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 20/46, Bloodied: 23; 0/1 HS

Haltor[/sblock]

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
“Tock, quit toying with the scrubs and kill that one.” Mal yells pointing to V1.

Seeing a path, Tock lunges forward, lashing out at V1. Mal then calmly walks forward and disappears entirely.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Provocative Order 17 18 vs. AC: for 32 34 damage if it hits.
Move: Walk to N12
Minor: Void Assumption[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] [/sblock][sblock=OOC]second d20 was user error, please ignore that. Damage roll 1d6(weapon) +9 (general MBA bonus) +1d8 (Vanguard) +1d6(Horned Helm).

Reading over Tock's sheet again, there should be another +2 from Powerful Charge Feat. Also, Mal grants a +1 to hit with his spear... I need to go reread my own sheet.[/sblock]

[sblock=Anomaly]Anomaly—Male Genasi Warlord 4
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 22, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 17 — Speed: 5
HP: 27/37, Bloodied: 19, Surge: 9, Surges left: 8/8
Powers -
Commander’s Strike
Direct the Strike
Powerful Warning
Provocative Order
Orchestrated Offensive
Inspiring Word
Inspiring Word (2)
Void Assumption
Knight’s Move

Note: Mal currently does not exist.

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Anomaly_(twilsemail))[/sblock]

Last edited:

ShadRS

First Post
Talos lets loose a growl as he moves forward and then charges one of the hobs.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Charge the Hob at S6 with Knockdown Assault.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Roll] Knockdown Assault versus the Hob, +10 vs. Fort, +1 for Charging. (1d20+11=31)
Does 4 damage (no Roll) and target is knocked prone.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Crit on a minion. What a waste.[/sblock]

[sblock=Talos]Talos—Male Minotaur Fighter 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Insight: 15, Passive Perception: 17
AC: 20, Fort: 19, Reflex: 14, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 49/49, Bloodied: 24, Surge: 12, Surges left: 13/13
Powers -
Knockdown Assault
Brash Strike
Pass Forward

Goring Charge
Bellringer
Bull Charge

Knee Breaker

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Talos[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Just a note for [MENTION=62300]raion[/MENTION]. I typically don't do mid-round map updates. If you need to see where someone moved an enemy, my best suggestion is to copy the picture into Paint (or something else) and move the enemies on your own. It would easily double the work on me to update multiple times a round. Sorry.

Also, [MENTION=79628]twilsemail[/MENTION] - Mal was prone at start of his turn. You can adjust your move action. I'm assuming you'd want to stand?
[/sblock]

Deimos' spell sends the enemies flying, dropping one of the hobgoblins.

Braddock keeps his footing and returns the punishment to the bugbear.

Gark catches his breath.

Tock slips away, but the hobgoblins continue to parry his attacks.

Haltor does his best to help the injured White Eye, to no avail.

Mal's words inspire Tock, but as he charges the female, she bats aside his blade easily. "You'll need to do better than that human" she spats

Talos gores one of the hobgoblin's, it falls to his assault.

Valsath calls out "Get the mage!" pointing her blade to Deimos.

The hobgoblin regulars acknowledge their leader's words and move into position surrounding Deimos. The tiefling has little chance against a quartet of hardened warriors at such close range and the group drops Deimos.

She then points to Tock, "This one!" she calls out.

The bugbear steps next to her, his flail slamming into Tock, knocking the human off his feet.

The remaining hobgoblin begins singing a fell tune that affects Tock, Haltor, and even the unconscious Deimos. He then runs behind some of the equipment.

"Just you and me now" Valsath hisses, stabbing her blade into the prone Tock and twists the blade. The thief falls unconscious with the brutal assault. "Just me" she whispers

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
h3 - moves to N11 (triggers OA from Deimos) and readies attack
h5 - moves to M10, attacks Deimos - vs ac on Deimos (h5) (1d20+12+2=19) hits for 7 & marked TENT (can use Shield if you want here)
h6 - moves plus charges Deimos - vs ac on Deimos (h6) (1d20+12+2+1=29) hits for 7, triggers h3's readied attack - vs ac on Deimos (h3) (1d20+12+2=33) hits for 7 more

B1: attacks Deimos - vs fort o nDeimos; dmg (1d20+9+2=30, 2d6+4+1d6=11) hits for 11. This will knock Deimos unconscious regardless of using Shield or not.
B2: shifts to J11, Flail Dance on Tock - vs fort on tock ; dmg (1d20+9=26, 2d6+4=15) & knocks prone (triggers [MENTION=9789]evilbob[/MENTION]'s Warden's something mark (the slide one)

D1:Minor: Slip-up on Gark - vs will on Gark (1d20+8=9) miss. Standard: Befuddling Burst - vs will on Gark, haltor, white-eye, Braddock, Deimos, tock (1d20+8=10, 1d20+8=26, 1d20+8=10, 1d20+8=11, 1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=18) hits Haltor, Deimos, & Tock damage (1d8+5=10) & cannot shift or stand up (save ends). Then moves to E15.

V1: Minor: Inspire bravery - h3 attacks Braddock - h3 on braddock (1d20+12=27) hits for 7. Scimitar Rend on Tock - scimitar rend on Tock (1d20+12+2=34, 1d8+7=14) ouch... ok crits for 16 damage + 10 ongoing damage & target takes –2 to AC(save ends both) crit (1d8=1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
V: 23 AC (25 if adjacent to another hob); ??/??/20 F/R/W
h: 23 AC (25 if adjacent to another hob); 20/??/18 F/R/W
B: 20 AC; ??/??/18 F/R/W
D: ?? AC; ??/18/17 F/R/W
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
V1: -6hp, cursed (Braddock)
B1: -18hp, cursed
B2: uninjured, used Flail Assault, marked (Gark)
D1: -17 hp
h1-6: uninjured

Gark: 46/48; 2/9 surges, bloodied, prone, . Shifting (regen 2, +2 damage), +2 defenses TSNT
Haltor: 24/42; 1/7 surges, cannot shift or stand up (save ends).
White-Eye: 20/46; 1 HS used, prone,
Braddock: 25/37, cannot shift or stand up (save ends). +2 defenses TSNT
Deimos: -17 (or -10)/36, bloodied, used Flaming Sphere, marked h3 TENT, unconscious, dying, prone, 0/3 death saves, cannot shift or stand up (save ends).
Mal: 27/37, prone (TBD)
Tock: -3/42, prone, cannot shift or stand up (save ends), unconscious, 0/3 death saves, dying, ongoing damage & target takes –2 to AC(save ends both)
Talos: 39/49,
[/sblock]

[sblock=Features of Area]
Pits: These pits were once used to dispose of refuse. They are 20 feet deep (DC 20 Athletics to climb)

Steel Drums: These drums are low (4-foot) obstacles that hold old alchemical reagents and hinder ground movement. A creature can hop atop one as part of a move action with a successful DC 10 Athletics check, treating the square as difficult terrain. A creature can instead use an entire move action to clamber atop one without a check. Otherwise, a steel drum blocks movement into its square.

Arcane Machinery: The machinery is blocking terrain. Each piece of machinery is about 10 feet high
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cannith.jpg
    Cannith.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 75

raion

First Post
[sblock=ooc]@r1 Would have been fine with coords for the current locations of people.. full map redraw was awesome, but unexpected. :)
@valsath you and me, we're going to have words.. as soon as i stop bleeding from orifices i didn't know i had, and regain the ability to move.[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=prone] Apologies. It slipped my mind. He'll reappear in Q9 on top of the Machinery. This is me assuming that the machinery isn't actually going to eat Mal when he lands on it. If it's that kind of machinery my actions will change. It looks solid enough to stand on when looking at the map. SG, I’m leaving Deimos to you.[/sblock]

Mal appears again, this time overseeing the battle from on high. The machine vibrates beneath him, but his words carry over the din.

"C'mon kid. I've seen you take worse than that. Shake it off."

He looks to Talos, "Get your ass in there, son."

As Talos Moves forward, an impish light shines in Mal's eyes. "Boys, get 'em." He lashes out with his glaive as Tocks knife darts for an opening in the bugbear's defenses and Talos rushes through the melee towards Valsath, hammer held high.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Inspiring Word on Tock, granting 15 HP
Move: Knight's Move: Talos to O8.
Standard: Orchestrated Offensive on B1. Tock MBA vs. B2. Talos Charges V1(Using Bull Charge if he's OK with that).
Mal: 20 vs. AC, 8 damage to B1
Tock: 16 vs. AC, Missed, again. Why do I keep this kid around?
Talos (BC): 25 vs. Fort; 17 to V1 and Push to I11, Marked
29 vs Fort; Prone
Talos (MBA): 25 vs. AC, 16 damage to V1, Marked
[/sblock]

[sblock=Editing]Rolling via EN World, will edit in a tick… so much rolling to do. Talos’ attack die is the same either way so I’ll just roll that once.[/sblock]

[sblock=Immediate Interrupt]If anyone attacks Tock, Mal will use Powerful Warning.[/sblock]

[sblock=Anomaly]Anomaly—Male Genasi Warlord 4
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 22, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 17 — Speed: 5
HP: 27/37, Bloodied: 19, Surge: 9, Surges left: 8/8
Powers -
Commander’s Strike
Direct the Strike
Powerful Warning
Provocative Order
Orchestrated Offensive
Inspiring Word
Inspiring Word (2)
Void Assumption
Knight’s Move

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Anomaly_(twilsemail))
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=silly question] I think I know the answer to this already, but if I use a burst or blast (all creatures, not enemies) and an unconscious ally is in the area of effect, that ally is still hit/targetted, correct?

if yes, can anyone move Deimos before my turn? sorry about the ooc tactics talk. [/sblock]

Remove ads