[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

KenHood

First Post
//Yeah, yeah. This is all quite nice, but what we really want to know is if Dextyr completed the Punch Brother ritual with Murphy and Shorrin!//

renau1g

First Post
Murphy's spirits seem uplifted at the mention of a ship, "Ah, ta be sailin' again, I ain't felt the salty water of the Seas in a while, well, at least since me and Shorrin went ta that icy wasteland. Guess just you and me are all that's left o' that crew, ah well, can't be winnin' them all. Our new crew seems like fine replacements. So have anyya spent time on a ship before?" Murphy asks while they move, trusting Dextyr to discuss the details with the man

johnmeier1

Explorer
The motley group moves through Daunton, down towards the docks. They pass the Inner Bay with the Fisherman's Alley market and head out to the Outer Bay. Commercial ships are anchored at dock and further into the water with dinghies plying their oars with cargo and passengers. Sailors and wharvesmen roam about on business, stern of face moving to or from the docks. The harbormaster's small building stands alone among the piers with warehouses lining the rest of the area.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Saraz stops cold in her tracks at seeing the ocean, and edges back from the water.

"Where's the other shore, why can't I see the other bank?"

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr turns to Saraz as she speaks to him and gives her a warm smile. "I believe we have not been properly introduced" he states. "I am Dextyr M'rgan, a musician, poet and historian of sorts, but a captain of the guard I am not. As well, I cannot assume the leadership of my companions as we are all but leafs in the wind, merely caught up in the same gust and heading haphazardly together in the same general direction." He gives her a warm smile and a slight bow.

He stands once more and with a smirk on his face continues, "As for my friend Tonk, well it is not so much a difficulty with the language as it is the comprehension of the meaning. I have found it that when speaking if you are straightforwardly blunt and to the point the message is usually crystal clear for him. It's refreshing actually" and he looks over to Tonk and gives a smile.

"For too long I was surrounded by those who would speak in riddles and construct a maze of words for other to become lost in. Tonk has shown me a different way, and frankly it is a nice change to not have to try and decipher ones words and piece them back like a puzzle."

Dextyr replies to Murphy's question. "Unfortunately I have not. Aside from a couple of very short uneventful voyages I am a stranger to the sea".

As the crew nears the harbormasters building Tonk pokes Dextyr in the shoulder and then nods towards Murphy and Shorrin. "Yes Tonk, you are right, we should finish this before we leave" Dextyr replies and then walks towards Shorring and Murphy. As walks up to them he throws a quick left jab into the jaw of Murphy and then follows up with a big right hook to Shorrin. He then stands still and awaits the completion of the 'Punch-Brother' ritual and looks sidelong at Saraz.

"Shall we initiate another Punch-Sister as well Tonk?" he asks before receiving blows from Shorrin and Murphy.

KenHood

First Post
"I'm not sure in where your difficulties lie, local dialects not withstanding my grasp of the language seems perfectly adequate perhaps if you have specific questions you could address them to me and I can work around the language barrier."
"What? I...! Arrrrgh!"

"So have anyya spent time on a ship before?"
"Ship? Boat?!"

Tonk gulps.

"Shall we initiate another Punch-Sister as well Tonk?" he asks before receiving blows from Shorrin and Murphy.
"Uuhhhhhhh... You know, that big step. Maybe wise for to wait for later, yes?"

As the party gets closer to the ship, Tonk grows visibly ill and agitated.

johnmeier1

Explorer
The harbormaster stands at a podium with a large open book before him. A gruff looking, white bearded human, he looks out over the ships with a spyglass and then returns his attention to the tome sometimes making a brief notation. While Tonk and the others exchange punches nearby, Charles approaches him and you hear him ask. Is the ship still here?

Aye she is just about to leave the harbormaster replies but I still don't know what yer thinking taking passage with the likes of that one.

You said it was the fastest ship in the harbor and speed is of the most importance.

The harbormaster shakes his head dubiously she's a small ship and nimble, true, but sailing to Allaria these days is dangerous. Only a knave like Captain Passerine would risk it with so little armament... he trails off.

[sblock=OOC] Just got my PHB3 yesterday, so I will be reading up on Psion class. Seems "Unarmored Agility" will affect all those sorcerers and wizards who took leather armor prof![/sblock]

Remove ads