[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
So are we still waiting for Janus to get updated?
Just wondering - I have been really busy lately and have not been checking in often so I am not sure anymore..
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
After the group has rested sufficiently it is dark, even moreso with the dark New Moon in the sky. The starlight and foxfire of the swamp are the only illumination, but it is still possible to see the dark outline of the higher ground towards the horizon. The ring of stones seems to already be less swampy of terrain and in the direction of the outcropping the ground is not so much of a bog.

[sblock=OOC] Yes, still waiting for Janus, but you can proceed to make a decision with the party. Do you go forth now or wait for the dawn, since you have rested for 8 hours it is late in the night. You figure you are about 30 minutes march from the high ground.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Any of you see in the dark?" Murphy asks. "'cuz if not I suggest we be waitin' til first light. Ain't no point running inta no ambush we can't see"

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"The talent to reshape my eyes to those of the cat is not one that I have learned, I would agree we wait till morning. Who here has my tent?"

DMDanW

First Post
"I agree, we should wait for dawn" Dextyr states.

He resumes his spot on a nearby fallen log, the little green imp jumping back onto his shoulder and speaking quietly into his ear.

changer

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
sorry, I've been rather sick. I will endeavor to level Janus and be back playing. Sorry for the delay.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
During the darkest night, the group hears the howl of many wolves far off in the distance. In reply there is a single loud howl and then silence. As the sun rises, you set out towards the higher ground, moving out of swamp and onto craggy rock with stunted trees. Ahead is a rising hill that appears to have some people standing on it, as you get closer you see it is a mix of men and wolves looking toward two figures locked in hand-to-hand combat. The huddled form of a woman is barely visible at their feet.

[sblock=OOC] I have a map ready for the encounter, you can take this opportunity to talk and say where your character would be within 3 squares of their current map position. The grass is a rocky path winding upwards. The rock is 50% grade hill at a climb DC of 15.
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• cliff.jpg
    cliff.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 133

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng had been cheerful if possible. His appearance betrays his behavior. His fierce face and cutting edge movements, his implacability in battle and his ire are now replaced by a gentle, extremely polite man. He even seems natural at it, as the first time the others met him. Now in front of the current threats, Sheng says " Well, if aren't those some disgusting beasts! I bet they are in for a good fight, and I'm eager to test the flavor of their souls. If they have still not killed the girl I think they wont hurt her now.".
With that, the monk outstretches his arms, and waves them around. As he does so, a cloud of green gas begins to form out of nowhere, and it gathers around the hands of Sheng. As he changes to motion of his arms, getting them closer to him, a black skull takes shape among the vapor, and with a "Hiya!" he shoots it towards the nearest wolf. The skull screams a foul and otherworldly screech and sinks inside the wolf in a puff of green smoke.

[sblock=Actions]

Starting in S18, using Chaos bolt vs Wolf 2: 16 vs will for 14 psy dmg. If it hits, 22 vs Wolf 3 will for 9 psy dmg, if it hits, 20 vs Big Guy will for another 9 dmg.
Rolls

[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
As the puff of smoke hits the wolf, the creature's eyes gleam with intelligence and it shakes off the attack.

[sblock=OOC] Okay, we can get started with that. Miss Will on the first attack, not a wolf. Initiative below:
Sheng 23
Murphy 17
Bad Guys 17
Saraz 16
Janus 10+init
Dextyr 7
Shorrin 5
[/sblock]

Remove ads