(Adventure) The Haunted Halls of Stonepike

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Aranel said:
Listening in she thought a while, thanked whoever had brought her a cup of tea and then raised a hand. "You have no clue what kills this monster? Please tell me you have some clue of what it looks like. Perhaps one of us has seen it's like before." Not likely, but if it had too many claws and eyes..."And on another almost different note," Dwarves weren't meant to be shy about money were they? "Extra's, finders keepers? Anything not nailed down of some value can be ...aquired yes?" She gave them all a smile. They didn't have to like it and they didn't have to agree but it'd be damned hard to find anyone else who could dis-arm traps around here.

Listening to the Elf, Urgan (when she pauses for breath) replies 'Nobody thet has seen it has lived,Miss. There are those thet claimed ta git a glimsce o'the beast, but their statements wuz conflictin'. Shadowy thing, all filament and Darkness.Nothin' substantial.mind Ye...
As fer bonuses,assumin ya don think the Reward is appropriate...'

Urgan is obviously offended, though he keeps his feelings in check,'I am sure thet a quick resolution to th' problem o'the Beast will bring Ye into a favorable light with Lord Stonepike. We would appreciate it if'n Ye didn't nick the Silverware,if'n ye don't mind...'

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik looked at Aranel curiously as she spoke. When an opening opened up, Rurik asked his next question.

"Anyhoo', as far as ye can tell, Urgan Jasperfist, is 'ere one 'er more'n one o' this beast?"

nimisgod

LEW Judge
During their travel, Sir Ishmael asked any of the dwarves to help him brush up on the dwarven tongue. He knew some basic monophomes and runes (from his mentor) but the language as a whole continued to elude his comprehension.

"T'would be most excellent if I knew exactly what to say to our employer once the meeting come upon us. Mayhap if any of thee would have the patience or the time whilst the journey we embark, would thee please aid this curious halfling speak the tongue dwarven?"

Telerin sat near Aranel, with Whitefang carefully sniffing everyone. The Druid had told them Whitefang wouldn't hurt them but he was always curious of new...smells.

Gently kicking Aranel for her comments, he said quietly, "Don't offend them...Just proved to them we can beat the...whatever it or they are."

dpdx

Explorer
nimisgod said:
"T'would be most excellent if I knew exactly what to say to our employer once the meeting come upon us. Mayhap if any of thee would have the patience or the time whilst the journey we embark, would thee please aid this curious halfling speak the tongue dwarven?"
"I reckon' yer common'd be good enough, Sir Ishmael, but if'n ye know the Mountain tongue, and ye wish to practice, I c'n help ye a little bit."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: Dammit, I tried to post this much earlier, but ENWorld wasn't letting me on.

IC

In response to Rurik, urgan shrugs and says 'I know not, friend Rurik.Truth be known, nobody 'as seen it or one o'them a lived. A few clain ta see figments o'shadow, but thet could be the restless spirits as well, as they seem ta be angry at the presence o' the thing.I don know if anything can catch this monster...'
Urgan stands and excuses himself to use the privy.
Algram looks up from his tea and says 'H..He lost a fr..fr..friend th..th..three days p..p..past.He's a b..b..bit put off.'

Urgan returns with a wan smile,taking a few bites of his porridge and sighing heavily.

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
The deep halfling's smile faded. "Mine sympathies. This loss is close to mine heart, a scar that no magick will heal" He looked to the departing figure of Urgan.

"He is very strong"

(unlike me...)

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan sat quietly and listened to the group and the brothers converse. He was confused about this 'monster' and was wondering whatit could be that was troubling Stonepike so. He had some ideas, stories of old that he vaguely remembered from his parents . . . though the years have probably gotten the stories confused.

The other possibility was just something that Thurgan did not want to voice - by saying it, he may give truth to his suspicions. So . . . he sipped some ale and listened.

Last edited:

Aranel

First Post
We would appreciate it if'n Ye didn't nick the Silverware,if'n ye don't mind...'

Aranel grinned to herself, her face on the outside exactly the same as it had been before. Of course I wont take the silverwear, not if there's something lighter and more expensive lying around.

Gently kicking Aranel for her comments, he said quietly, "Don't offend them...Just prove to them we can beat the...whatever it or they are."

Aranel's cheerful expression became fixed as Telerin kicked her. Kicked her! She had half a mind to take his money.
Prove? What did she need to prove? "Telerin, if you kick me again you may regret it." She told him quietly. "And I don't need to prove myself to anyone. I'm hired here as a trapfinder. I expect to be well paid for my work making your work easier. I don't do things for free." She scowled, it marred her usually cheerful expression.

"Frankly I don't think it's worth it to go in some god forsaken hole after some kind of monster or ghost that no one really knows anything about and 'rescue' people who are more worried about their silverware than their lives" She finished her tea, unable to understand why anybody liked it quite that strong, dropped her spoon in her half emptied bowl of porridge (she'd never had a big apetite anyway), rubbed her ankle, stood and headed for the door.

"If you still want a trapfinder, I'll be outside, preparing the horse. If you don't...As you gave me just enough for the horse and the feed you can keep it. Though I suggest you try to eat it before the bastard gets you first."

She didn't much want to spend however long it would take underground or wherever ignored by most of the group for whichever reason they barely spoke to her. Perhaps it was just time to go back to the city and find some more like-minded people. Perhaps she shouldn't have said it, but now she knew, they seemed more concerned about the ornaments. Was that just a dwarf thing? Who cared! They'd been rude, she'd been rude back, they'd told her not to steal the silverware she'd gone outside because that was about all they'd said and at least she wasn't getting in their way now.

And if no one came outside she'd damn well ride the horse back and sell it on again. It was a big city and there was plenty more gold to be found.
Who cared if they never came back anyway?!
Well alright...maybe she did a little.

((OOC: ^^;; HER not me! ^^; Her I have no problems at all ...except in the area of spelling))

Remove ads