(Adventure) The Haunted Halls of Stonepike

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik straightened up at Algram's information. "Mebbe the questions cud wait fer later, then."

As Aranel went out the door, and it closed behind her, Rurik rolled his eyes. "Ah, vexin' 'ell, is't a disease what 'appens 'mongst tha wimmen whut they acts like two-yer-olds? First tha bossy lil' hook what I'm glad ta be rid of, now the elf is goin' crazy! I came ta save me people, not ta be wetnurse to no poin'er!"

Rurik stews patiently at his seat while everyone finishes their tea and porridge.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan watched Aranel storm out, then looked to the others. He was uncertain of what to do, so he spoke his mind, as usual.

"Ya think we should let her go a bit? Ya know, simmer down," Thurgan asked, "If not, I ken talk with her a bit, mebbe it'll help . . ."

Last edited:

"She won't calm down," Telerin said tiredly, "Or at least, not until she sees something shiny or profit.'
Standing up, he looked to the door, "Anyone care to help?"
Whitefang got up and started trotting out to find Aranel on his own.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Algram and Urgan watched the elf stand and go, perplexed at her outburst.
They stayed quiet, not knowing the dynamic of this group, and not wanting to antagonize the situation.
Turning to Telerin, Algram says 'Thet's a ni.ni..nice...W..Wolf.' before sticking his hand out to let Whitefang sniff it, showing that he meant no harm.
Algram missed his own pet, althoghhe suspected that the Wolf was more a partner than a pet like Ruggi, his Badger.

Urgan stands, relacing his boots.'Well, I s'pose we could be off,now.As I sees it, havin' seen you folks ride, it might take a wee bit longer ta git home.'

Urgan grins openly at his joke, moving off to pay the Roadwardens a few coin , depositing them into the coffers that keep the station open.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Once they get moving again, Sturm takes the time to approach Aranel.

"Ye'd ne'er guess it fr'm a look at 'im, but me cousin Grohm's a trapcatcher. Plenty o' folks don' clap much'n it fer a trade, but when ye live down where's ye've got kobies bitin' at yer ev'ry ankle, 'n sometimes worse, ye learn'n take it serious." He chuckles a little. "Now, thievin's somethin' diff'rent, but 'til it's fr'm me pocket ain' my bus'ness..."

His smile fades, very quickly.

"But if'n ye run off like tha' when we're down there, huntin' fer that thing, whate'er it is, ye'll die. Not get a scoldin', not get dropped down 'ny jail-hole, die. Get gobbled up 'r run through 'r whate'er bus'ness 'is thing feels like carryin' out at ye. 'n when yer human comes runnin' after ye? What happens'n 'im?" He softens his voice a little. "Ain' no way'n behave out on no job. Ye ken?"

Telerin was beat by Sturm, which made the Druid smile and simple point to the Dwarf, "What he said."
Whitefang on the other hand, had found the new smells interesting, sniffing at the dwarves and trying to decide why they had to be so big...smaller things were edible.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Telerin was beat by Sturm, which made the Druid smile and simple point to the Dwarf, "What he said."

Thurgan nodded sagely and smiled to Telerin, "Yeah, Sturm seems ta be one o' action. I really don' know much 'bout ya'll. I mean ye've traveled together fer a while and this here's me first journey with ya. As fer me, I'm just weeks out o' being a' apprentice ta Master Drewer, the blacksmith, back in town. Been chasing feral buggers ever since. Mostly fighting, thou I've worked on ma fair share o' traps an' locks when Master Drewer had commissions."

"How 'bout ta rest o' yeah?" Thurgan asked good naturedly.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"I am of the order of the Wooden sword" said Sir Ishmael proudly and yet with a hint of sorrow in his voice. "Or, at least, I still consider myself of that Order of Knights. I travel for adventure and perhaps, to spread some light in the world. My experiences as of late have been combat with the Kroggothite menace and little else.

I shall admit that I hath contributed little to mine companions in the past besides a superflous sledge to a throng of axes and scythes. at least, now, I have some ability to mend wounds and hurts. This magick trinket I bear with me shall aid any of thee" The halfling includes the elven "rogue" in his sweeping gaze "should wound or hurt come to thine flesh."

OOC: by the way, Aranel, I noticed some wierd things on your character sheet. Disable Device is Int based not Dex. Also, why do you have a Bedroll? Don't elves Trance/Reverie instead of sleeping? I think that getting rid of it will bring you closer to being lightly encumbered rather than moderately so.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
"S'funny thing," Rurik begins by way of response to Thurgan, "me Grandda' sent me 'ere ta find out what kinds o' weapons was drawin' coin, an' 'ow much, an what they's made of, an' ta drawr it down 'ere in tha Family Journal. I dinnot get ta tha Red Dragon fer one second, an' I's rushin' out with all o' these fine folk ta hunt ferals!

I wen' back though, after, an' they's unnerstannable 'bout it. If'n I make it outta this 'un, though, I gots a lot o' drawrin' ta do.
"

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"We Gerwychts 'ave some bits o' smithblood runnin' through 'swell, but mostly we're fightin' folk. When ye're talkin' 'bout Downs e'eryone's taught fer fightin' some piece, so I mean real fightin' folk, dedicated 'n ever'thin. Me brother Eoff's a bierstag 'n all tha' comes with," -- he turns to those who don't speak Dwarven, to explain -- "tha's like what folk we've got fer really goin' up'n battle 'r really clear out s'm caves 'n all, fierce 'n aggressin' folk, fer when ye need a real good charge" -- "'n so'd me uncle on me mum's edge, 'n s'me others 'ere 'n there, specially if'n ye look 'ow they'd been trained 'n not just where they end up, which'll take ye lots o' places... Fer me, tho', I got me trainin' fer tha' bit 'n took'n it 'lright, 'cept, tha' jus' didn' work out so well... 'n well, if ye ain' doin' tha' bit, best o'er way'n do yer family proud's'n go up'n put yer name out 'bove surface, like 'ose folk in 'ose stories ye'd hear growin' up went 'n did. 'n tha's what I'm doin'."

"'course, bein' a echoin' hero'll do yer fam'ly proud, but ye need s'me echoin' glinty 'fore ye can start a fam'ly proudly yerself." He goes to Algram, and claps him on the back jovially. "'chis why I'm werkin' fer 'ese fine folk, 'n not s'me other wag."

Remove ads