(Adventure) The Island of Varras'zul (Manzanita Judging) (Concluded)

Brain

First Post
"I am ready, Mona. I agree that speed is the key here, your companions need each and every moment we can give them. I have food and I can also probably find more on the island."

Scun will get in the landing craft as soon as possible.

Xael

First Post
Nezrak nods to mona after she explains the situation. "I'm as ready as I will ever be, and I have a few rations in my backpack."

OOC: I moved away from home, and I don't have a computer yet, so I might not be able to post that often. We have many computers at school though, so I'll try to use them. I should get my own computer in a week or two. Sorry.

Last edited:

RillianPA

First Post
Rillian hurries down to his cabin, heaves his massive pack on to his back, and rushes back to the party.

"I'm ready to go" he announces. "I have a few days food, and I'd be happy to help find or hunt for more...though I may need some lessons. How will we signal the ship when we are ready to return?"

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"It's already taken care of" Mona smiled reassuringly. She gave her belt pouch a pat. "If the weather is well enough, then the ship shall be waiting for us. I intend to use magick to summon the Winder for our retrieval."

"As for the duration of our trip," Mona took out an ancient, brown parchment and unrolled it. The map of the island was stained by a dark liquid, obscuring majority of it. "it appears that it shall take two or three days to reach the ruins. Jungle on the first day. Marsh on the second... at least, that's what it appears."

She pointed out to the party the relevant portions of the map, then rolled it up and tucked it away.

ooc: no problem Xael. that's quite similar to the situation I have. all i ask is you keep up at least, semi-daily.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
At the call of "Land ho!" Rasereit races up to the front of the boat and peers out to the fog and dark cloud ahead. When the island comes fully into view, he jumps for joy and almost falls over the edge again. "Who cares about a bloody storm? Not Ah! Let me off this shaky vessel and back where dwarves belong! And food? Ah've got enough food fer a few days at the least. We're all experienced travelers, we kin manage. Now le's go! Come on, mates! Off ye go! Come on now!" With further urging to his new companions, he boards the boat to bring the adventurers to shore.

rln

Explorer
"I just hope we don't have to swim!" Ogrin exclaims, "Falling in now would surely mean we never reach the land. Anyway, I'm prepared for a few days in the wilds... as long as we find water and shelter, I'll be fine for nearly a week."

Ogrin decides to pack his leather armor, in case something happens to the boat. He will put it on after reaching the shore. He then proceeds to board the boat shortly after Razh.

When Mona appears at the railing, Ogrin will immediately attend her and help her into the boat. "Here love, let me help you with those pouches."

RillianPA

First Post
As the party loads into the boat, Rillian sets down his pack, and the boat creaks in protest. Rillian looks around guiltily for a second, but then focuses on Mona and asks

"Um, so, ah Miss Mona, what sort of problems should we be expecting? Creatures, humanoids, quicksand? Or should we just try to be ready for anything? How about the ruins, can you give us any history...like while we travel? Pa always says, 'Know your enem...er, customer'"

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"Thank you, kinsman" Mona took Ogrin's hand and was gracefully pulled into the watercraft. She seated herself beside the other halfling.

She mulled over Trillnason's question as the rest of the party boarded the rowboat. "Hmmm... the history of Varras'zul...When I spoke to the sage, majority of my queries were about the ruins and their location. He told me nothing about what dangers and hazards might lie within. He did mention the dismal atmosphere, though. As I told the others previously, the ruins were once a wizard's tower. This magick-user, whose name has since been lost to us, was a researcher on the Realms Without. He disappeared ages ago, and the ruins are what seems to be the only remnant of his legacy on this Plane."

As for the dangers of this expedition, I suppose one can expect the typical hazards of the wilderness to be therin. As for the ruins themselves, they've been explored by adventurers before. Thus, I assume that nothing truly horrid or deadly remains since the island's original discovery. It has been 100 years after all..."
Her voice trailed off as she delved deeper in her thoughts.

But whatever she thought of must've unnerved her, as her face was filled with worry. "You are all experienced adventurers, true? That must mean that my quest is in capable hands!"

Rillian:
You sense that she might be holding something back. This could be some information or perhaps an emotion.

The rowboat set off as soon as everyone was inside the craft. It took some time but they eventually reached the rocky shores of the island. At their arrival, the jungle (a few meters from the shore) suddenly grew quiet. After Mona disembarked (probably aided by the gracious Ogrin) and made her way out of the shallow waters, she took out the map and studied.

ooc: I shall need a party formation. Nothing fancy. Who's in the front, who's in the back. I'm assuming that Mona is in the middle, unless you want to move her to a different position. So use her as a point of reference when announcing where you are, formation-wise.

If you plan to scout ahead, this would be a good time to say so.

ooc2: RillianPA, the threat range of a javelin is 19-20

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
Scun seems relieved to be on land once again. He readies his wooden shield and short spear and prepares to travel through the jungle.

ooc: I figure Rasereit should take the lead. I'd take up a position behind him (if single file) or next to him (if two across)

Xael

First Post
Nezrak checks that his weaponry is easily accessable and still in one piece. "So, I suppose there's no sense in wasting time standing around here. Shall we go?"

OOC: Nezrak would want to travel either in the middle of group with Mona, or at the rear end, if nobody else takes that spot. I'll get the computer next weekend, but I've got lots of spare time to spend with computers in school until that (only about 20 hours of classes in a week).

Remove ads