• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Island of Varras'zul (Manzanita Judging) (Concluded)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn

Unaware of exactly what's going on around him, Razh tries to get a hold on Nezrak and to punch his lights out. "Ye stupid elf! Bloody wizard can't knock a dwarf like meh out! Ugh!" He realizes Mona's a problem, too, but he'll eliminate this one first. "Whole world's gone crazeh! Come to yer senses, mates!"

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Rasereit overpowered the grey elf easily, smashing a fist into his temple and knocking him out cold.

Mona managed to see through the haze of madness that engulfed her. She moved to the book and closed its covers.

Rolls:
[sblock]
Razh vs Nezrak (attack): 17 vs. 5 *success*, NL Damage: 6
[/sblock]

End of Combat

When Nezrak fell and the book was closed, the curse of confusion suddenly left Mona. She staggered slightly and held up her hands in surrender when Razh approached her.

"I'm fine now, Razh. It's finished."

Code:
HP update

Scun [-5/19, 1 dex damage] X
Nezrak [5/9, 2 dex damage, 9 non-lethal damage, fatigued] X
Razh [22/24] 
Ogrin [-4/17, 5 dex damage] X
Rillian [4/13, 5 non-lethal damage, fatigued] X

X= unconscious

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Razh doesn't stop his movement. He reaches Mona and steps right up to her and starts screaming, more at the world then her. "What the bloody 'ell is in that book?! What's with the spider talkin' abou' 'guardians' and stuff? Aren' we 'ere fer a cure? Why're all our mates out cold?" Suddenly a thought occurs to him. "Ril? Ril, me boy? Mate!" He dashes to Rillian's side.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"This book contains many a cure, Rasereit. However, powerful wards protect this book from the eyes of the inexperienced." Mona sat herself down and massaged her brow. "Opening it was a mistake, especially after my warning. We all could've-"

She peered at the jungle around her, as if terrified by a sound only she heard. "We have to get out of here. We have to take them with us. No more resting."

She took the book and placed it in her pack.

When Razh examined Rillian, he found that the human was still breathing and not at all dying. There was a nasty dagger wound at his back.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Razh looks up at Mona. "Gettin' outta 'ere's all well an' good, miss, but how are ye suggestin' we go about doin' that? Everyone's snorin' like a dwarf over 'ere! Ye got no magic left in ye, Ah assume, otherwise ye'd 'ave used it on someone. Ah'll wake who Ah can and carry some others, but Ah don' know if we're movin' tonigh'." He glances back to Rillian. "Ril 'ere's alright, jus' got a dagger in 'is bloody back! Poor blighter. Can ye 'elp 'im? And Nezrak there, Ah only gave the elf a little dwarven punch, 'e should be back with us in a few minutes." He pauses and considers what he just said. "Well. Maybe a bit longer."

rln

Explorer
OOC: Don't expect much updates from me for a week or so. Release day at work on thursday, plus the fact that I'm leaving for a two-month stay in the US on monday. A little bit stressful to get everything in order before I leave... NPC me if Ogrin by some miracle wakes up before the weekend - his main concerns will be to protect Mona and get off this blasted island. Mostly in that order.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
oog: sorry about the delay, y'all. Finals week and all that.

"Probably a few hours. Anyway, they look like they all have bedrolls. We can stuff them inside the bed rolls, bind them so that they don't fall off and carry them. Or at least, carry or drag most of them.

Of course, the problem would be that they won't be recuperating at all due to the bumpy ride of the journey"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Sorry also. I've had relatives and friends visiting for a while now. Haven't gotten a chance to check here. I'm back now.

"Aye, Ah'm strong. Jus', Ah'm worried abou' meetin' up with any more o' them hell-bugs! Well, nothin' t'be done. Hop to it." Rasereit begins to move about the camp and prepare the party for travel. He'll first look for any healing potions that anybody might have (doubtful...). He says to Mona, "Ye know, some o' these mates look like they're t'be wakin' up. Ah think we might wait a bit an' see if any of 'em come to." About an hour, if Mona agrees, for either Nezrak or Rillian to heal some nonlethal damage. If there are suitable leaves (like big palm tree leaves), he will try to rig up a sort of ground-raft to help drag the people along smoothly. Otherwise, he'll just put them in their bed rolls and use some rope (assuming someone in the party has rope) to pull them along the trail. "Alrigh', ye can take Ogrin there? Is 'e too big fer ye?" Hopefully Mona can carry Ogrin and drag Rillian (if he's not awake yet). And Razh will carry Scun and drag Nezrak (if he's not awake yet). And on their merry, but slow, way they will go.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads