(Adventure) The Island of Varras'zul (Manzanita Judging) (Concluded)

RillianPA

First Post
"I would certainly agree to work together more. Maybe we should see if we can find another job, before we decide to sell the magic items?"

ooc: My understanding was that each adventure was separate, and that we might not be able to work together again. Nimisgod?

Xael

First Post
"I have nothing against working again with you, but there's absolutely no guarantee that we have a chance to do it."

OOC: I have another character that's going to the Inn before Nezrak, so I'd pretty much appreciate equal shares. 8k item for one and 1-2k money for others just seems like a way too big gap for me, at least on this level.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Aye, Ah say we sell the loot and split it 'tween ourselves. 'Tis the fairest way. An' we surely can work together again, though it's all up to the next employer, Ah suppose. Let's sell our stuff and head back to the Red Dragon Inn, eh mates?"

OOG: Wow. Big oops. Fixed.

rln

Explorer
"Fine, whatever, that'll give me more money to spend on ale. Perhaps we could find an arms dealer willing to make a trade - sometimes you can get a better deal out of the items if bartering for items instead of gold. I'm interested in a weapon with magical properties; Anything sized for a halfling that's not too exotic will work."

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Epilogue

In the days to come, the party would find some odd tidbits of news that they knew would be related to their little journey.

For one, there was a special funeral in Orussus: for Allus Mard, a sage specializing in research in the Outer Planes. The cause of death was unknown, though poison was suspected. His house was ransacked and looted of everything valuable. The time of death: Three weeks ago.

Anyone inquiring in the Temple of Hyrag or the Headquarters of the Wooden Sword (Gather info DC 20) will find
[sblock]That Mona Ellenrowe died a year ago from a insidious disease, according to their records [/sblock]

There was no special news regarding the village of Raven's Bridge, at least, none that was brought this far from the area.

A few days after the Winder left port, more sad news follows. A day off the coast of Orussus, the empty husk of the ship was found floating without a crew. There are traces of a struggle but all hands were lost.

OOG:

Re: Identify

Nezrak casting Identify 100gp
Hiring someone to cast Identify 110gp (according to SRD)

Re: Five Precious/Semi-precious Stones

A: 12 gp
B: 70 gp
C: 120 gp
D: 7 gp
E: 45 gp

Re: Working Together

PCs can work together adventure to adventure but they don't have to.

Anyhoo, it was fun playing with you all. This will be my last adventure in a while, since my access will be screwier than usual in the weeks to come. Enjoy the rest of LEW. I hear that there are a few adventures on their way to the Red Dragon Inn.

RillianPA

First Post
ooc: I knew she was evil...oh well...

So we have agreed to sell the magic. Would anyone else be interested in trying to trade the 2 items for 5x +1 magic items? Could we do that Nimisgod? Rillian could sure use a +1 greatsword about now :)

Xael

First Post
Okay, so we have:

Heavy Mace, 8312 gp / 2 = 4156 gp.
Dagger, 8302 gp 4151 gp.
Gems 254 gp.
Books 1355 gp.

Total: 9916 gp - 200 gp for Identify components = 9716 gp.

Divided by 5, that's 1943 gp and 2 sp for everybody. I'd agree with trading the items for +1 weapons, if that's possible. But I somewhat doubt it. Nezrak would have more use for the money though.

rln

Explorer
OOC: Let's make it simple and go for the money!

"Nice working with you, guys!"
says a grinning Ogrin with a purse full of jingling coins. "Should you feel the need for my skills, I'm open for employment and can usually be found in the Red Dragon tavern! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm late for a meeting... with a keg of ale!"

With those last words, Ogrin walks away towards the tavern.

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
Scun gets his money and heads for the Tavern. "See you guys at the Tavern. I could use a drink, that's for sure."

ooc:Yeah, at this point, just split the cash.

Thanks for running the adventure Nimisgod. I'm surprised we all survived. :D

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Brain said:
Yeah, at this point, just split the cash.

Thanks for running the adventure Nimisgod. I'm surprised we all survived. :D

Certainly not more surprised than I. but it would seem that in those times when wits failed some of you, luck prevailed. Though, luck was certainly not always by your side.

Anyhoo, it seems as if the consensus (for Rln and Brain, anyway) is for splitting up the money. So we'll leave it at that rather than go through the more complicated route.

Remove ads