(Adventure) The Lost Gem [Creamsteak judging]

Patlin

Explorer
Nov 10th to Sept 20th = 10.3 months
All characters are 1st level (I think.)
10.3 x 100 = 1030 xp each based on time
Roleplaying/Problem Solving award (mostly for riddle) 50 xp per character.

Total xp reward: 1080 xp.

Now onto treasure reward. As far as I can tell, the reward wasn't mentioned in this thread, which means I probably need to search the RDI thread for it. Was any payment made up front?

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
I'd prefer to finish the adventure, but that seems unlikely to happen. :)

Patlin, I went back to the tavern thread (it's on Page 3 or 4), and all that was said is that there would be a reward. In all the excitement, I don't think anyone asked what that would be.

As to resolving the adventure, I have a couple of suggestions.

1. This adventure started at roughly the same time that psionics became available. The Lost Gem could actually be a psicrystal, and perhaps it did indeed "get up and walk away." The dwarf we are on route to see could be a burdgeoning psion, and be quite unaware that his new psicrystal was formerly a piece of valuable jewelry. A hearty laugh is had by all and the dwarf purchases the jewel from Jamaris. That doesn't really resolve the notes given to the party though.

2. The Gem was stolen by someone who thinks s/he is an heir to the Medibarian empire. This person is the perpetrator of numerous crimes, and has generated quite a bounty. There is a bounty hunter on his/her trail, who is attempting to use the party (through the mysterious notes) to weaken/rough up the perp so that he can capture the villain and collect the bounty. The bounty hunter doesn't want to share the bounty, and so doesn't want to involve the town watch in the matter.

It's a pity we don't get the 100xp per month. We started the adventure out in that time, and the 50xp per month was voted in about a third to halfway through. *shrugs* It'll just be nice to do something with this character again, as my other two are grim fighter types. :)

Patlin

Explorer
IcyCool said:
It's a pity we don't get the 100xp per month. We started the adventure out in that time, and the 50xp per month was voted in about a third to halfway through. *shrugs* It'll just be nice to do something with this character again, as my other two are grim fighter types. :)

Good point. As I understand the rule you get the better of the two. I'll edit my post above.

Patlin

Explorer
I'll base the outcome on option 2:

After spending several weeks on the trail of the gem, the party is dissapointed to find the culprit allready under arrest by a bounty hunter. For your efforts, each character recieves 150 gp.

Good news: looks like everyone made level 2. Bad news: Not much by way of cash from this one. Hopefully something profitable will turn up in the red dragon inn soon, where I hope you will all find a more active adventure to engage in! :)

Remove ads