Adventure: The Lost Workshop (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Antithetist

First Post
"How many of those things do you HAVE?" Kasha spits in exasperation. "Forget this." Throwing caution to the winds, she dashes right by the sparking staff and into the foe's unguarded rear with a reckless swing of her sword that aims to rend and tear straight through whatever anatomy, or lack thereof, might lie in the cloaked figure's torso region.

[sblock=OOC]Move to I20 and (assuming I haven't been disintegrated or pushed off course by some effect from the staff), attack the cloaked figure with Torturous Strike, flanking with RT. Attack: 1d20+9=17 vs AC.

If that chances to hit, damage is 2d8+7=16 plus Sneak Attack for 2d6+3=12 for a total of 28 damage.

If the attack turns out to be impossible due to interference from the staff I can always edit the post of course.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kasha Quick Stats]Kasha Female Half-Orc Rogue 1
Medium natural humanoid
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 9, Passive Perception 9, Low-light vision

HP 16/22 Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 1/6
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 16, Will 12
Saving Throws +0
Speed 6

Action Points: 0

Encounter Powers: Torturous Strike
Furious Assault
Second Wind

Daily Powers: Handspring Assault

Daily Item Powers: (1/milestone)
-

Consumables:

14 gp

Buffs/Effects:
+1 to all skill checks while on board the Nexal
+1 to saving throws and damage while adjacent to an ally
+1 on skill checks if an ally makes the same check during the same round[/sblock]

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC - Iron Sky]I've made some updates to my Wishlist since the start of the adventure, is that okay? Here's an updated version in your preferred format:

!!! - Subtle Longsword +1
!! - Battle Harness Leather Armor +1
! - Badge of the Berserker +1[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
Shrakk pursues the cloaked man and grins as he moves away, filling his oath with power.

[sblock=Actions]
Angelic Alacrity: 26 vs AC, 19 damage. [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]Shrakk, Githzerai Pursuit Avenger 1
HP 11/29, Temp HP 0
Initiative +6
AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 15, Will 15
AP 0, Surges 6/9
Angelic Alacrity [X]
Iron Mind [ ]
Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance [ ]
Channel Divinity: Abjure Undead [ ]
Aspect of Might [ ]
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Suspicious of the strange, glowing stick, RAM TIGER decides it is best to avoid it and kill the strange figure that keeps planting them. He stalks around the side of the dais and charges it. It seems, however, that between being severely concussed and the blood loss, RAM TIGER falters and misses at the last moment.

"How many of those things do you HAVE?" Kasha spits in exasperation. "Forget this." Throwing caution to the winds, she dashes right by the sparking staff and into the foe's unguarded rear with a reckless swing of her sword that aims to rend and tear straight through whatever anatomy, or lack thereof, might lie in the cloaked figure's torso region.

Shrakk pursues the cloaked man and grins as he moves away, filling his oath with power.

---

The cloaked figure snarls in Abyssal again, then pulls out a third staff and levels it at the group, blasting Kasha back into the planted staff, the rogue ending piled in a heap next to the pedestal. RAM TIGER shrugs off the blast.

[sblock=Party saving throws]RAM TIGER: 1d20=16, saved, Shrakk: 1d20=18, saved, Kasha: 1d20=17, saved[/sblock]

[sblock=Party movement]Shrakk and Kasha could have both moved at diagonals to avoid the staff, so I had you do so.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Black-cloaked Figure: Shift to K21, Staff of Power: Close Blast 3, 16 Fort vs RAM TIGER, miss, 15 Fort vs Kasha, hit, 15 force damage and push 2, drawing an attack from the Staff: 16 Reflex, hit, 7 force damage and push 1.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]RAM TIGER: K20, 26 damage taken, bloodied
Kasha: H18, 28 damage taken, bloodied, dying, unconscious, prone
Shrakk: I21, 18 damage taken, bloodied

Massive Crystal Construct
: -Dead-
New Forged Construct 1: -Dead-
New Forged Construct 2: -Dead-
New Forged Construct 3: -Dead-
New Forged Construct 4: -Dead-
New Forged Construct 5: -Dead-
New Forged Construct 6: -Dead-
Black-cloaked Figure: K21, 50 damage taken, Marked(RAM TIGER), Oath of Emnity(Shrakk)
Staff: J18[/sblock]

[sblock=Pedestal]Climbing up onto the pedestal takes 2 squares of movement or a DC 10 athletics check. If the Athletics check is rolled and fails, you fall prone in the square you are in.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
TheWorkshopRound7.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sanzuo

First Post

As the cloaked figure speaks more of the Black Speech, something comes over RAM TIGER. His snarl becomes even wider and he bellows a series of gnashing barks in a much more feral dialect of the Demonic Tongue. Leaping behind the figure to cut of his escape, the gnoll pounces on it from behind, locking his jaws around its neck. He tears savagely as hard as he can trying to separate head from body.

[sblock=actions]Move: Shift to L21
Standard: Grappling Strike on creature in K21, AC = CRITICAL HIT BITCHES, 12 damage (+2 for being bloodied), target is grabbed and marked until the end of my next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblocks]RAM TIGER, Male Gnoll Fighter 1

Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 10

AC: 18, Fort:18, Reflex:14, Will:10 -- Speed:7

HP:1/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:1/10

Initiative +4, Action Points: 0

Powers: Grappling Strike, Threatening Rush, Combat Agility, Combat Challenge, Ferocious Charge, Bash and Pinion, Second Wind, Flanking Assault

Opportunity Attack: +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4 damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
With a tearing sound that might be figure's robe or might be the figure's flesh, RAM TIGER pulls his head from his body, just as the figure was trying to blast RAM TIGER off with his staff. The staff flares and its energy channels into RAM TIGER...

[sblock=RAM TIGER's claws]...are now +1 Reflex Blade Claws., imbued with the power of the Ansar Crystals.[/sblock]

Shrakk stabilizes Kasha and brings her back around while RAM TIGER shakes the head back and forth, spraying blood all over everything.

[sblock=Exploring the Workshop]The pedestal room is where the combat ended, now littered with broken pieces of constructs and splattered with blood and gore from the battle. The staff slowly flickers and fades. Three rooms adjoin the main room.[sblock=The cloaked figure]Getting the severed head back from RAM TIGER is difficult and it's pretty mangled by the time you do...[sblock=Nature or Heal 20]The robed figure was a githyanki.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=North Room]The north room looks like the heart of the workshop. The stone workbench holds a half-constructed construct, similar to the large one you just defeated. Dozens of strange tools litter the room and a giant rune-covered crystal sits in the corner. There is also a sheaf of documents written in abyssal and one in elven.[sblock=Arcana 20]It looks like the crystal in the corner is used in part of a ritual to bring inanimate constructs to life. It's probably quite valuable.[/sblock][sblock=The Abyssal documents, only if your character speaks Abyssal]The documents seem to be notes describing the construction methads to create these constructs. The key seems to be the "Ansar elemental crystals," whatever they are. There are also a few journal entries, describing "brother Skavaki as a glory hound trying to take all the credit" and that he "escaped the ambush I laid for him on the beach and took my ship! Stranded here until he returns and tries to take back the workshop."[/sblock][sblock=Elven letter, only if your character speaks Elven]This contract is for a working prototype of the promised war constructs, designed to use the Ansar rift-mine crystals. Gold and provided weaponry are contract payments that will fund the construction. If a working prototype is not provided, the payment will be reclaimed by the Imperus Vanguard. Six months are allotted for the completion of said tasks to the artificer brothers Skavaki and Nexal.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=The East Room]It's a small privy.[/sblock][sblock=South Room]This room is a mostly-empty storage room. Its main adornment is an ancient statue of a figure with its arm outstretched and a few chests stacked in the corners.[sblock=In the Chests]The chests contain the treasure listed below.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure]230 Imperium gold coins
3 potions of healing
+1 Subtle Longsword
+1 Vanguard Fullblade
3 Ansar Force Crystals
[sblock=Ansar Force Crystals]Level: 5, Value: 50 gp, Alchemical Item, Power (Consumable • Force): Standard Action. Make an attack: Area burst 1 within 10; +8 vs. Reflex; 1d6 force damage, and ongoing 2 force damage (save ends).[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure progress]One the workshop is searched, your work here is pretty much done. All that is left is to sail back to Daunton and find the guy who hired you...[/sblock]

[sblock=Side note, what the figure was saying before he died, read only if your character speaks Abyssal]Forgot that RAM TIGER spoke abyssal! The figure said "My brother sends mercenaries to take the workshop back?" and "Once I've finished you I'll find the coward and flay him!"[/sblock]

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha staggers groggily to her feet, bruised and battered all over and generally feeling like she just wants to crawl into a feather bed and not get up for a week.

Upon noticing the head in RAM TIGER's jaws, though, and the absence of any more threats, the fatigue falls away from her in seconds. "You got him? Hahaha!" she skips over to the fallen cloaked body and gives it a kick in the ribs for good measure. "Victory!"

She scampers merrily around the workshop, exploring, with gleeful exclamations as she comes upon the loot in the storage room. She comes dancing back out with a new sword in her hand, twirling it around with unsettling abandon. "Hey! Hey Shrakk! Check it out, there's another sword in there, looks about your size. Oh man, oh man, this thing is beautiful. Hehehe!"

She runs giddily about like a little girl on a sugar rush at her birthday party for about ten minutes before fatigue finally catches up with her again and she goes to lounge on top of the pedestal, counting coins and still looking lovingly at her new sword from time to time. "So whaddya say, shall we get out of here? The quicker we get off of this horrible little island, the better."

[sblock=OOC]Yay! I guess we can also retrieve the 120 gold from the pedestals on our way out?[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I vote this is the time and place to take an extended rest. I'm at 7 hp with no surges left and we have no idea what's in store for us if we try to make it back to the boat.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Kasha is fresh out of surges too - resting up before we head out sounds like a plan, despite her eagerness to make for the boat right now.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
After searching the workshop thoroughly to make sure it's secure, the small group settles down to rest. Hours later, the party has mostly recovered from the previous days' excursion - the storm, storming the beach, taking the cave, and assaulting the workshop... Outside the day is cool and rainy, but there's no sign of any living thing but the occasional seabird.

[sblock=Extended Rest]Done.[/sblock]

Remove ads