[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Prime's passive perception is 17

Prime whistles in acknowledgement and redies sword and shield. He (?) slowly moves forward after giving Drew some seconds to position himself.

twilsemail

First Post
Felix slows while watching the monk range ahead. Soon after he sees the reaction of the automata so something ahead. Quickly he readies his crossbow and prepares for an ambush. He keeps silent, but keeps an eye on Drew.

[sblock=actions][/sblock][sblock=actions]Standard: Draw weapon (Superior Crossbow)
Minor: Load Crossbow
Move>Minor: Enter Mobile Blade stance[/sblock]

[sblock=Felix]Felix - Male Human Fighter (Slayer) 1
Passive Insight: 10, Passive Perception: 10
AC:18 Fort:14 Ref:16, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left: 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Battle Wrath
Mobile Blade
Power Strike
Heroic Effort
Conditions:[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Sharpe looks around. The forest did not look dark or spooky, it looked perfectly safe to him. Nothing here, lets get going. he says, continuing on his way.

OOC: Passive perception = 14.

Someone

Adventurer
. Nothing here,

Prime block's Sharpe's path with his shield.

Code:
*WRONG*

[sblock=DM]By the way, what's our current direction? Are we heading north, east or something else? Somewhow I supposed we were going east and the bushes that moved are ahead of us, but now I'm not so sure.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina extended her staff, pointing east into the forest. "At that range, we aren't in immediate danger, but it could be worth checking out. We best stay alert in case there is something quieter, and THAT is just a distraction..."

[sblock= OOC] Passive Perception 16. At the stated 100 meters or so distance, Mina isn't worried, but she will be ready with Magic Missile if a closer target presents itself.
[/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: The group is traveling in a generally north direction. So the movement is a long way off to the group's right. I wasn't very clear in describing that. Just goes to show you shouldn't post after being awake for 28 hours straight.

[sblock=Drew]As you flit closer to the movement, undetected by even the animals of the forest, you come to realize that the disturbance is caused by a large group of humanoids moving in the same direction your group is. From the way they are moving - a complete lack of stealth and chatter among themselves - it's apparent they have not noticed your fellow adventurers and just happen to be moving in the same general direction. They appear to be traveling at a much greater speed than your group, even with Sharpe's song aiding you.
[sblock=Perception 22]The group numbers at least two dozen individuals with large, seven foot tall goblin-like creatures and dark-skinned dwarves in equal numbers.
[sblock=Dungeoneering 15]The goblin-like creatures are bugbears and the dark-skinned dwarves are duergar.[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=Perception 25]There also appears to be a horse sized white lizard in the middle of the group.
[sblock=Nature 20]The large white lizard appears to be a white dragon.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

As the party continues to follow the path, the movement to the east can be seen getting further and further away; traveling in the same northerly direction.

[sblock=Perception 25]Flashes of white can be seen through the foliage along the path the movement follows. Whatever it is, it's quite large.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Sharpe walks along, sword in hand. He was not looking out for anything (besides dragons of course), nor was he waiting for an ambush; but had it in case that Warforged blocked his way again!

You, thou Mr. Monk. Sharpe says pointing to Drew. Go lookist for something... and don't skip on the dragons, he adds.

[sblock=ooc]
If it is not too meta-gameish, Sharpe will use Knack for Success on Drew to help with his check to see the sblock (+4 to next skill check EONT).

By the way, italics is Sharpe's lawful stupid persona, bold is the chaotic evil one ;)
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
After a short while Prime decides that whatever is making the bushes move isn't likely to meet the group, so he resumer march at the usual pace. Surely Drew won't have problems catching with them.

OOC: Changing color to avoid confusion with DarkOrange from Felix

Observing the proceedings, Drew recognizes the creatures and returns to the group.

"There are about two dozens of them, bugbears and duergar, and some lizard creature, shiny white, seemingly traveling where we're going. I don't think this will be just getting drunken militia back. Especially if this is not a whole group, but part of the tribe. As of now, I'll range a bit forward, anyone with skills to do so is welcome to join me. Keep your weapons handy."

Drew stands still after his report, not rushing off to point before hearing what others have to say.

[sblock=Rolls]
Perception (1d20+9=25) - first block - sees the creatures
Dunegoneering; Perception; Nature (1d20+4=16, 1d20+9=21, 1d20+4=17)
- dungeon 16 - recognizes bugbear and duergar
- perception (second block) 21 - doesn't see the dragon - just got informed that only 1 roll is needed with progressive difficulty (I knew that, but I thought since they are listed separately instead of nesting, they are two different ones :( )
- nature 17 - doesn't recognize (unless Sharpe's help counts on this one) , but since hedidn't see it...)

Just wondering, why is it higher perception to notice big white beast then brown humanoid in the forest?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads