[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

Someone

Adventurer
"There are about two dozens of them, bugbears and duergar, and some lizard creature, shiny white, seemingly traveling where we're going. I don't think this will be just getting drunken militia back. Especially if this is not a whole group, but part of the tribe."

Prime clanks seriously.

Code:
*I DON'T THINK WE CAN DEAL WITH TWO DOZEN*

*OR WHOEVER IS AT THE MINE, FOR THAT MATTER*

*THE BEST WE CAN DO IS TO HURRY AND TRY TO WARN THEM*

Luinnar

First Post
We shall charge honorably and smite the foul fiends! Sharpe says, waving his sword around.

You go first, he says to Prime.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: You can use the Knack for Success for Drew's checks. I don't mind some metagaming. If you guys want to talk tactics OOC or similar things, that's fine with me. So Drew sees and knows everything I posted about the other group.

The bugbear and duergar group finally move beyond your visual range, leaving you alone in the forest once more. The sounds of wildlife come back, birds singing, the sounds of chipmunks, and more can be heard once again.

After another thirty minutes of travel, the party leaves the wooded area and move back onto the plains. A further thirty minutes or so after that, a lone hill can be seen down the path, a high wooden fence surrounding the top. Consulting the map provided by the city representative confirms that this is the supposed location of Kalavar Coppernight and his band of dwarven miners, as well as that of the absent militia.

A thin column of smoke can be seen rising from the crest of the hill.

A while back: After the group dissapears from sight, young monk grins.
"I have a small detail to share, I didn't want someone" he pointedly does NOT look to Sharpe "to go rush toward them just to confirm it. Namely, that white lizard thing, I'm pretty sure it was a dragon."

Present:
Drew tries to find a place for the group as they approach, one where he could hide the group if needed.

"Slow down, I'll go and check. Be ready if you hear me calling to come weapons bared. If everythings fine, I'll whistle or blow a horn if they have one. Move slowly so I get the chance to scout a bit. Maybe we can manage a surprise, assuming the camp is not already in the hands of duergar."

OOC: Drew hurries off, finds a good high tree and climbs looking over the camp and searching for the sign of passage of the goblinoids and dwarvenoids :) He then comes closer to see the camp and it's guards. Feel free to roll what you think appropriate and give info as you see fit.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Drew finds a suitable tree and scampers to the top. From on high, the only thing he can make out is that the fence does not completely surround the crest of the hill. The southwest corner of the barrier is a large pile of rubble.

After ascertaining as much as he can from the treetop, he closes on their destination, like a shadow in the twilight hours. He comes within 30 feet of the apex but, unfortunately, there are no signs of movement and no sounds coming from the interior of the fence. Apparently, whatever the cause of the rising smoke is from the interior of the mine.

[sblock=Drew - Stealth and Perception]Stealth to approach hill undetected; Perception to notice anything on the top. 1d20+14=33, 1d20+9=21[/sblock]

Quickly returning to the group, Drew reports in whispers and calls them closer. The fact there are no guards is dead give a way something is wrong.

"Should we all go there and start the fight or we try to get more info? You could wait here, while I go scout, but I'm afraid the mine is easily guarded. Can any of you find if there are alternate entrances?"

twilsemail

First Post
"We just saw a horde marching this way, right? Better to head in quickly before they've had time to organize defenses. At least, that's how I see it."

He looks around the group and settles on Sharpe, "Afterall, Sharpe does need his dragon."

Someone

Adventurer
Prime's gears clank in position, and the tiles on his chest spin again.

Code:
*WE DO WHAT WE CAME TO DO*

*TO CHECK THE MINE. IF THERE ARE SURVIVORS WE GET THEM TO THE CITY*

*IF THEY ARE DEAD WE GO BACK TO REPORT*

*IF THEY EVACUATED WE FOLLOW THEM*

From his gestures he looks decided to cross the fence, now that there are no enemies in sight.

Last edited:

OOC: On one more vote for going forward, [MENTION=6671055]horticulture[/MENTION], please have Drew scout the entrance, closer this time (within the fence, near the entrance)

Remove ads