[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

pathfinderq1

First Post
[sblock= Update]
>Moved, but no home net access until August 10th (at least- thanks AT&T). Looks like things are stalled here- but I'm still going to be delayed if we get back up to speed. Posting on library computer, but access is neither regular nor convenient- see you in two weeks or so.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Nope. :(

I'll start shutting this down now. Next post will be final xp and treasure. If someone wants to write up an in-character resolution, that would be fine, but I'm not gonna do it. Head back to the tavern whenever you're ready.

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Rewards

XP:
  • Skill challenge, Contacting Coppernight: 150 xp each
  • Duergar encounter, which I eyeball at about level 3: 300 xp each
  • Major quest award for rescuing whoever's left alive: 400 xp each
  • Roleplaying: 200 xp each
  • Time xp: 3/30/2011 to 8/4/2011 is 4 months 6 days. At level 2 that's 877 xp and 747g each. The time gold is included in the treasure below.

Total: everyone gets 1927 xp, which puts you about halfway between 3rd and 4th level if I count right.

Treasure: Your employer gives each of you a big sack of gold: 2500 gold each, except for Drew who gets 2000. ('cause you got the magic ki focus, back when. I'm guessing as to its value. That's the only treasure award I could find; did I miss any?)

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Thanks for the xp and gold covaithe!

I think Prime got a suit of armor if I'm not mistaken. :)

Any chance Sharpe could not get any gold and get a dragon mount?

I was thinking that the Veserab re-skinned could make a good dragon, however that is level 6 and may be too high for Sharpe (it could be scaled down I suppose).

[sblock=Veserab]

Veserab Level 6 Lurker
Large shadow beast (mount) XP 250
HP 60; Bloodied 30
AC 20; Fortitude 20; Reflex 17; Will 17
Speed 4, fly 8
Immune noxious breath
Initiative +11
Perception +11
Blindsight 20

Traits
Combat Advantage
The veserab deals an extra 1d6 damage on melee attacks against any target it has combat advantage against.

Standard Actions
m Bite • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 5 damage.

m Wing Claw • At-Will
Attack: +11 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage.

C Noxious Breath (poison, zone) • Encounter
Attack: Close blast 4; +9 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 3 poison damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of the veserab's next turn. This power creates a zone of black, noxious fumes that remains in place until the end of the encounter. This zone blocks line of sight, and a creature that enters or ends its turn in the zone takes 5 poison damage. Veserabs are immune to this power's effects.

M Diving Wing Rake • Standard, At-Will
Effect: The veserab's makes a charge attack, making two wing claw attacks. After attacking, the veserab moves up to 1 square and moves in an unoccupied square.

Other Powers
Dark Wings • At-Will
Effect: When mounted by a friendly rider of 6th level or higher, the veserab grants its rider gains resist 5 poison and is immune to the effects of any veserab's noxious breath.

Skills Stealth +12
Str 20 (+8) Dex 18 (+7) Wis 17 (+6)
Con 17 (+6) Int 2 (–1) Cha 4 (+0)
Alignment unaligned Languages —
Monster found in Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide and Compendium

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: How much do mounts cost? I don't have the right books with me. Is it the same as any other magic item of its level? If so then a lvl 6 mount would be 1800, well within Sharpe's budget. A reskinned Veserab does seem like a pretty good match. The DMG says you can ride a lvl 6 mount if you're not 6 yet, you just don't get the "when mounted by a friendly rider 6 or higher" benefits. Really the only question is money; if the Veserab costs like 5000g I don't want to just hand it out as is.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: The old Character builder has the mounts as different prices. Level 6 giant riding lizard is 1,800 while the level 5 Hippogriff Dreadmount is 4,200. I'm not sure if the Veserab has a price, I'll have to get the Forgotten Realms book out later today. :)

Remove ads