[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina moved forward with the others. She stumbled only slightly, but braced herself with her staff- unused to cavern exploration, she was not aware just how much noise one could make by striking a wooden staff against bare stone...

[sblock= OOC]
>Stealth check: 1d20+1= 6; roll Roll Lookup

[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: Sorry for my scarcity, I've been blasted at work the last two weeks. The lab should be a bit calmer, at least for a while. This happens fairly infrequently.

Felix moves forward, but it's fairly obvious that he's more used to doing so with a crossbow than a sword. Somehow it throws him off just enough to notice. Hopefully the dark dwarves don't notice.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move stealthy like to M23

[sblock=Felix] Felix - Male Human Fighter (Slayer) 2
Passive Insight: 11, Passive Perception: 11
AC:19 Fort:15 Ref:17, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:27/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left: 5/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used

Powers:
Battle Wrath
Mobile Blade

Power Strike
Heroic Effort

Stance: Battle Wrath
Conditions:

[/sblock] [/sblock]

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The sharp knocking of Mina's staff on the rough stone floor echoes through the cavern; the ominous chanting stops and a laugh can be heard.

"So you've arrived!" the voice calls out, laughing. "Your efforts are for naught, unfortunately. I am almost complete with the ritual." The voice of the duergar suddenly grows serious and, with a low growl, says: "Finish them off quickly!"

With that said, the piles of armor laying around the pool animate! They rise from the ground, a vaguely humanoid shape of swirling air filling the spaces between the armored plates; darkly glowing eyes peer out from beneath the helms and short swords held in ghostly hands.

Drew is quick on his feet, however, and reacts...

GM: I apologize for the extremely slow posting. I'm preparing for a business trip and things have been very busy.

Remember to include an updated status block on your post, thanks.

[sblock=Initiative]Initiative: Drew, Felix, Mina, Prime, Sharpe, Malinfix, Monsters (1d20+6=25, 1d20+6=10, 1d20+1=3, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+1=12, 1d20=5, 1d20+4=23)

Only Drew goes before the monsters.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
encounter4rnd1-1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Special Rules and Notes]
  • The armor mentioned in the previous post lays around the dead bodies at the edge of the stream. The bodies are of dwarves, fallen defending their friends and brethren.
  • The crate looking objects near the northern section represent the blocked off and trapped tunnels Coppernight spoke to the group about.
  • The pool of water to the north and southeast are knee deep and considered difficult terrain.
  • The stream leading to the hole is considered challenging terrain. Entering a stream square from dry land requires a DC 8 Athletics check. Failing this check means the character losing their balance and the movement for that action ends immediately. If the result of the check is 4 or lower, the character falls prone.
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Animated Armor (J22, K25, H25, G27) – HP: ??/??

Duerger Guard (P31) – HP: 58/58

Duergar Leader (N28) – HP: ??/??[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]Animated Armor - AC: 19, F: 16, R: 15, W: 14
:melee: +8 vs. AC; 5 damage
Duergar Guard - AC: 21, F: 17, R: 15, W: 15
:melee: +11 vs. AC; 1d10+3
Duergar Leader - AC: 19, F: 16, R: 16, W: 18
:melee: +10 vs. AC; 1d10+1[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: @horticulture I’m going to take my turn and if it ends up being affected by the above question, I’ll hope for a ret-con.

Worried about the conditions of his friends and the fate of the dwarves farther into the mines, Felix charges headlong into battle. "For Pony!" The move pays off well as he manages to shove both dark dwarves into the pit they stand beside. Felix rushes around the battlefield like a madman in the blink of an eye and ends his assault not all that far from where he started.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Stance:Mobile Blade
Standard: Charge to O27 & Bull Rush Duergar Leader; 22 vs Fort * failed ST, falls into Pit
Free: Move to S31
AP: Standard: Charge to Q32 & Bull Rush Duergar Guard; 20* vs. Fort * failed ST, falls into pit
*Use Heroic Effort
Free Action: Move to N26
Move: Stance: Battle Wrath

[sblock=Felix]Felix- Male Human Fighter (Slayer) 2
Passive Insight: 11, Passive Perception: 11
AC:19 Fort:15 Ref:17, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:27/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left: 5/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Battle Wrath
Mobile Blade
Power Strike
Heroic Effort
Stance: Battle Wrath
Conditions:
[/sblock][/sblock]
OOC: So that's where all of my decent rolls for the last few weeks have been hiding...

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: I'm starting to think that the dwarves killed us all in the first round and now horticulture doesn't have the stomach to tell us

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: Nah, if drew dropped the priest then Felix'd have to spend his standard as a move and then AP to charge

I think you're right Someone.

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: After reviewing the thread a bit, I've remembered that we're supposed to blow things up. Do those things in the upper right (F28/G29 & H28/I29) match our "crate-blocked tunnel" expectations?

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: After reviewing the thread a bit, I've remembered that we're supposed to blow things up. Do those things in the upper right (F28/G29 & H28/I29) match our "crate-blocked tunnel" expectations?

"The crate looking objects near the northern section represent the blocked off and trapped tunnels Coppernight spoke to the group about."

OOC: On the other hand, and perhaps abusing our allowed metagaming quota, I'd say the animated armors are minions so I wouldn't use the exploding crates on them

Remove ads