[Adventure]: The Missing Professor (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Looking for a Judge)

Luinnar

First Post
Get back here! Draglin calls. running over and spotting the baddie. He flails his swords about in a frenzy of blow, the first misses but the enemy is unable to withstand his furious attacks.

Coward, knave, sissy! Dralin yells, slashing the human's body over and over and over again. After the successful assault he drops to his knees and starts to cry in sorrow and frustration at the loss of his friend.
[sblock=actions]
Move to G3

Minor perception check = 25

Standard: Footwork lure. 20 vs AC miss it is dead because of rain of steel automatically at the beginning of its turn anyway.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Draglin Stat Block]
Draglin, Dragonborn Fighter 9
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 14
AC 25-2, Fort 22, Reflex 21, Will 15
HP 32/74 Bloodied 37 Surge Value 18, Surges 6/9
Speed 6, Initiative +8
Action Points: 0

Basic Attack Short Sword; +16, 1d6+13(+14 w/ CA) creature is marked hit or miss, if used because of an OA from movement the creature stops moving (but may take another action to move again).

Combat Challenge: At Will Immediate Interrupt Melee
Trigger: When a marked enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Sir Draglin.
Effect: Sir Draglin makes a melee basic attack against that enemy

Footwork Lure
Dual Strike

Combat Challenge

Come and Get It
Distracting Spate
Battle Fury Stance
Rain of Blows
Kirre's Roar
Dragon Breath
Feral Hide Armor +2
Amulet of Life +1

Bravo
Second Wind
Takedown Strike
Backlash Tatoo

Tempest Dance
Rain of Steel
Bedeviling Assault
Quick Short Sword +2

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Gloom move toward the staircase and as soon as he spot the last ruffian, he try to take him down. "Go join Lauto!"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Start: Regen 2 => 22/81
Move: Walk to F3

If Passive perception of 22 is not enough to spot the hidden enemy:
Minor: Perception (1d20+12=26)
Standard: Ardent Strike (1d20+17=25, 1d12+12=15)

If he can see the guy without a perception check:
Minor: Divine Challenge
Standard: Holy Strike (1d20+17=25, 1d12+17=20)

If someone down me and the target is within melee range, I'll use:
Iron Wolf Warrior (At Will Free Action Melee Weapon )
Target: Triggering enemy
Trigger: An enemy drop you under 1 hp.
Effect: Make a basic melee attack before dying.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Gloom's Stats]Gloom
Longtooth Shifter Paladin 10
Initiative +5
Passive Insight 27; Passive Perception 22; Low-Light Vision
HP 20/81; THP 5; Bloodied 40; Surge Value 20; Surges Per-Day 11/11
AC 26; Fortitude 23; Reflex 18; Will 23
Resist Cold 5, Resist Necrotic 5, Resist All 10 while dying.
Speed 5
Action Points: 0

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Blood Fury Fullblade +16 vs AC 1d12+10 damage

Skills: Athletics +10, Endurance +11, Insight +17, Intimidate +12, Nature +12, Perception +12, Religion, +9
Languages: Common, Eladrin

Powers
[ ]Ardent Strike
[ ]Holy Strike
[ ]Divine Challenge
[ ]Iron Wolf Warrior

[X]Second Wind
[X]Longtooth Shifting
[X]Iron Wolf Charge
[X]Channel Divinity (Divine Mettle or Divine Strength)
[X]Heedless Fury
[X]Fortune Spurred Smite
[ ]Crescent Moon
[ ]Call of Challenge
[X]Benediction

[4]Ardent Vow
[ ]Blood of the Mighty
[ ]Frenzying Smite
[ ]Death Angel
[ ]Aspect of Ferocity

[X]Blood Fury Fullblade [E]
[X]Lauto's Shroud (The Raven Queen's Shroud) [E]
[ ]Verve Layered Plate Armor [D]
[ ]Frost Gauntlet [D]
[ ]Lauto's Shroud (The Raven Queen's Shroud) [D]
[ ]Belt of Lauto Righteousness (Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness) [D]
[/SBLOCK]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
As Dante breathes his last amid the flaming cage, Gloom's blade finds its mark and the last of the thugs falls to the floor, his blood draining onto cellar stairway.

Mab quickly lowers herself to the floor, "Poor Dante." The rougish lady stifles tears as she looks over the unfitting end to such a valiant adventurer, "Don't you worry dearie. We'll make sure that we finish this job for you." She puts her hand on Virgil's back reassuringly, "Virgil, boy, you stay close to us, you hear. We're your family now." Turning toward the others, she speaks a little more loundly, "Well fellows, shall we see what's down this hole in the wall?" She points to the crumbled section of wall that the party presumes is the erstwhile entrance to the den of thieves.

Stale air wafts in through the dark opening over a cluttered mess of broken woodwork and refuse. The corridor takes a sharp turn to the left not too far in, so it is impossible, from without, to see exactly where it leads.

OOC: @Ozymandias79 : Been a while hasn't it?

*EDIT* Sorry Ozymandias79. Forgot that this wasn't Land Ho. I also forgot who the judge is (if I have one) for this adventure.

XP & Rewards (Well, rewards are yet to come as you continue into the abandoned hideout).

XP Breakdown:

Monsters/NPCs:
Knife Fighter: 1000X2=2000
Slavehunter: 500X2=1000
Ruffian: 400X4X2=3200
Blademaster: 400X2X2=1600
Total: 7800
Each: 7800/4=1950

Time XP (5 months):
Dante: 4585
Gloom: 4585
Max: 3335
Draglin: 3335

Total XP:
Dante: 4585+1950=6535XP
Gloom: 4585+1950=6535XP
Max: 3335+1950=5285XP
Draglin: 3335+1950=5285XP

Time Gold will be awarded when you've had a look through the abandoned hideout.

Please get your wishlists up to date.

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOC: @Ozymandias79 : Been a while hasn't it?

*EDIT* Sorry Ozymandias79. Forgot that this wasn't Land Ho. I also forgot who the judge is (if I have one) for this adventure.

XP & Rewards (Well, rewards are yet to come as you continue into the abandoned hideout).

XP Breakdown:

Monsters/NPCs:
Knife Fighter: 1000X2=2000
Slavehunter: 500X2=1000
Ruffian: 400X4X2=3200
Blademaster: 400X2X2=1600
Total: 7800
Each: 7800/4=1950

Time XP (5 months):
Dante: 4585
Gloom: 4585
Max: 3335
Draglin: 3335

Total XP:
Dante: 4585+1950=6535XP
Gloom: 4585+1950=6535XP
Max: 3335+1950=5285XP
Draglin: 3335+1950=5285XP

Time Gold will be awarded when you've had a look through the abandoned hideout.

Please get your wishlists up to date.

OOC:
dont worry, I am the "on-call"-judge so I Approves this aniway

APPROVED!

Luinnar

First Post
Draglin, gulping down tears, proceeds down the hole that they found. He was a brave Knight of Draconia and had to show some courage by facing the unknown!

OOC: @Ozymandias79 H.M.Gimlord gets DM credits too if you don't mind awarding them :) Thanks!

@H.M.Gimlord Xp thanks! Do you mind if I spend some DM credits? I would love to hit paragon since I am so close. I don't want to get too high, so I was thinking level 11 or 12 if that would be OK (would 11 be better?).

Also I think Draglin's wishlist is updated. Any chance for some shopping soon? I really really really want a Frost Double Sword for Draglin if I don't get it as treasure :D

Thirdly: Anyone taking Virgil?(Seraphine?) If not I was thinking of changing Draglin from a Mercenary to a Fey Beast Tamer theme with a Virgil (Owlbear) companion. Us lizards need to stick together! BUT, the theme switching rules update is in Heroes of the Elemental Chaos (you can retrain the theme a level if you only retrain that and do not have any power associated with it), so I'm not sure if it is a rules update, or if I need to wait until next month. Hmm perhaps I should ask in the general thread.
Edit: Nevermind, looks like they have always been re-trainable.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: I would like to say that it is because I am so humble that I forget about my DM credits, but alas, they simply tend to slip my mind. I think of my role more in terms of my responsibilites rather than my benefits. :p

Yes, that would be 10 DM Credits submitted for approval.

I imagine that at this rate, I'll be able to get Mik up to paragon (she's barely at 7th level now..., and still passed out in The Hanged Man despite Phoenix's bout with Rhagast.

I think she's waiting for @CaBaNa to show up again with Kamotz.

[MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]: as well as others: Feel free to spend whatever DM Credits you have, though it would be nice to have a forecast of what level you plan to be at when you upgrade.

As far as retraining or other major changes, it would be nice if I could work them into the story, but sometimes PBP doesn't present oportunities like this as smoothly as one would like. In any case, please inform me of any major changes associated with your upgrades so that I can be sure to incorporate them into the story where appropriate.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention @Iron Sky END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention was Seraph going to use Virgil? I see on her sheet she is a fey beast tamer.

edit: gah stupid forum bug.

Remove ads