• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: The Missing Professor (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Looking for a Judge)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: Yup again. THB is right. If you have a twin attack, and even one of them hits, then you've met the requirements. You've spent an AP, and you've used an attack (albeit one of two - your choice as to which), AND it (or at least one of them) hit. Thus you get the benefit.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: I've got no problem with that. Technically, your turn didn't have to be over anyway, since no one has posted since.

BTW: I think it's actually 213 since he's got vulnerability 5 cold (per hit), and I don't think your rolls included that in the damage calculation....or did they? It's hard to tell because the bonuses aren't separated...2d8+11+9+3+5 works as well as 2d8+28, and it helps me see the bonus breakdown.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
GM: BTW: I think it's actually 213 since he's got vulnerability 5 cold (per hit), and I don't think your rolls included that in the damage calculation.
OOC: I did add in the cold vulnerability. :) (base MBA is 1d8+23 without it and with CA) I think he did not start out with it on him correct? If so the combat challenge hit was the one that gave him it.

Sorry I'll do the bonus breakdown next turn.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"I think I like your style, dragon?" Seraph says, running up next to Draglin and driving her blade into his foe. She watches the shadows and light race through his skin, blackening his veins until his eyes roll up into his head and he topples to the ground clutching his face. "He looked upon the face of Apoli and was burned..."

OOC: Summary:
Serras is in M6, while adjacent to him enemies grant CA to all PCs, PCs gain +1 defenses.
Seraph is in L6 at 6+83/97hp, +1 defenses(Serras), enemies have -2 to attack her(Astral Splendor).
Blademaster 3 takes 59 damage (dead).

[sblock=Actions]Move:Seraphine moves to L4, Serras moves to L6.
Standard: Charge to M6, Virtuous Strike, taking 6 THP damage for +6 damage, triggering Dread Smite, Blademaster takes 10+5(cold vuln) necrotic and cold damage, vs Blademaster 3(O6): 1d20+20+1(charge)+2(CA, Serras)-2(marked)=34 Reflex, hit, 1d8+1d8+1d6(charge)+14+6(Vice)+8(CA)+2(Bloodied), rolled twice=44 radiant damage and 5(10) ongoing cold and necrotic damage(save ends).
Minor: Astral Splendor: Enemies have -2 to hit Seraph and she shines bright 6 light until EoE or bloodied.

[sblock=Seraph's Statblock]Seraph, Female Human Blackguard(Rogue)/Adroit Explorer 12
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 32, Fort:26, Reflex: 27, Will:29, Resist 6 Ongoing -- Speed:5
HP:6+83/97, Bloodied:48, Surge Value:24, Surges left:9/13
Initiative +8, Action Points: 0
MBA: +20 vs Ref, 1d8+14 radiant damage. RBA: Range 5/10, +10 vs AC, 1d4+2 damage.
Powers: Virtuous Strike, Dread Smitex 2, Mocking Smite x 2, Virtue, Vice's Reward, Shroud of Shadow, Reactive Surge, Destined for Greatness, Sneak Attack, Second Wind, Majestic Halo, Glorious Charge, Servant of Vice, Astral Splendor
Items
: Summoned Armor, Apoli's Sun Blessing, Madstone x2, Healing Potion x2, Potion of Cure Light Wounds x2, Symbol of Scorned Fate, Apoli's Sun Blessing, Vanguard Weapon, Ring of the Radiant Storm
Notes: *Charge attacks don't provoke OAs, deal +1d6+1d8 damage, and can shift 1 after the attack *Roll radiant damage twice and take the highest *+8 damage with CA *+2 damage vs bloodied *1/round take 6 damage while have THP to deal +6 damage on next attack *+5 power bonus to next attack roll against first enemy to bloody *DR 10 TenT on AP *Save vs daze/stun at start of turn *Gain CA first round of combat

Serras, Spirit Tiger (Displacer Beast) Companion
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 29, Fort:23, Reflex: 27, Will:27 -- Speed:7
HP:48/48, Bloodied:24, Surge Value:12
MBA: +17 vs AC, 1d8+6 damage and gains concealment TenT.
Notes: *Allies adjacent to Serras gain +1 defenses *Enemies adjacent to Serras grant CA[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
As Astrix down Gloom, Gloom shout and slash at Astrix who block the blow. The shifter fall down, but Lauto seems to ward the paladin for the moment, denying him again his way to the death land and to his tribe.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Immediate Interrupt: Iron Wolf Warrior vs AC on Astrix (1d20+18=28, 1d12+19=31) Miss

Start: Take 15 ongoing damage => -38/81
End: Saving throw vs ongoing damage (1d20=7) => Verve Armor turn roll to 20.
Death saving throw (2d20.takeHighest(1)+2=17) Damned, I needed a 18 to spend a HS.[/SBLOCK]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka suddenly appears over Max, looking down at him with slight amusement as she rapidly tends to his wounds. "Try to stay standing this time; I don't think I'll help you again." She gestures towards Astrix, causing a shadowy form to rise from the ground, but Astrix avoids the simulacrum's attack.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Curse Astrix.
Move: Ethereal Sidestep to P4, retain concealment.
Standard: Heal check on Max. 15, so Max can spend his second wind.
Action Point: Gain resist 10 until the end of my next turn, and Astrix takes a -2 penalty to saving throws (save ends). Then use Malicious Shadow on Astrix, hopefully taking advantage of Max's presence. Miss with a 25 vs Reflex , so I'll use Dark One's Own Luck to reroll it. Even worse. Astrix takes 9 cold and necrotic damage damage, I grant CA until the end of my next turn, and I summon a shadow in S5.

Enemies adjacent to the shadow grant CA to me, and when they move away I can make an immediate interrupt attack at +17 vs Reflex (+19 with the CA I'll have) for 10 cold/necrotic damage and the target is immobilized until the end of their next turn. I'll use this interrupt on Astrix.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato human Warlock/Adroit Explorer 12
Initiative: +7 | Passive perception: 25 | Passive Insight: 25
AC: 24 | For: 21 | Ref: 24 | Will: 25
HP: 82/82+12 | Bloodied: 41 | Surge value: 20 | Surges: 8/8
Resist: 10 fire, 5 necrotic
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used | Fell Scorn: 1
Melee Basic Attack: +19 vs AC, 1d4+8 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage
Powers: Eldritch Strike, Gift to Avernus, Hand of Blight
Cruel Bounty, Deadly Attention of Delban, Pain to Pleasure, Sorcerer-King's Decree
Malicious Shadow, Flames of the Smoking Crown, Curse of Black Frost
Heroic Effort, Beguiling Tongue, Dark One's Own Luck, Ethereal Sidestep, Destined for Greatness
Incisive Dagger, Armor of Dark Majesty, Periapt of Cascading Health, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
+2 to all defenses vs Cursed enemies
Concealed
Resist 10 all

granting CA
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Max mind wonders in a sea of black with mind at peace. Suddenly light erupts into conscience. Vision clears and the warlord finds himself on the ground again. Looking up the warlord surveys the battle field. He takes a deep breath, then another. Each time he feels strength and vigor flow throughout his limbs. He smiles I'm not dead yet With lightning speed the warlord sinks his axe into the thigh of the body guard. The guard, not used to receiving pain, winces and lowers his guard. Hit him Draglin!

ooc: Draglin gets a free bma against BG1. [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION] You have the honor making the attack sir.

[sblock=actions]
action: second wind: healing surge for 22, brings surges down to 7/9
on-going force damage 15 (hp now down to 7)

minor: inspiring word on self (22 more hp +3d6= 37 hp) (brings surges down to 6/9)
movement: stand up

total hp: 44

no action: heroic effect +4 to saving throw

attack: Concentrated attack vs BG1 at R4: 1d20+17 vs AC for 2d12+9 = hit for 17
effect" Ally within 10 squares makes a BMA on target. Max chooses Draglin

save vs on-going force damage: 1d20+4(heroic effect)+2(Resilient focus feat) = save :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=immediate interrupts]
If max is hit...

Vengeance is Mine: Max gets a basic melee attack: +17 vs AC for 1d12+11 vs the triggering enemy and one ally within 5 squares of Max gets to move at the ally's movement rate and make a basic melee attack against the triggering enemy as a free action. The ally gains a +1 bonus to the attack roll (Lend Might)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]
Max, Male Human Bravura Warlord (Dragon Slayer) 11

Passive Perception:17, Passive Insight:17
AC:27, Fort:27, Reflex:24, Will:22 -- Speed: 5
HP:44/85, Bloodied:42, Surge Value:21, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +7, Action Points:1
Powers:
*At Will Powers:
**Commander's Strike
**Brash Assault
*Encounter Powers:
[x]Heroic Effort
[x][ ]Inspriing Word 2
[ ]Battefront Shift
[ ]Vengence is Mine
[ ]Grit and Spittle
[x]Second Wind
[ ]Walk it Off
[ ]Warlord's Strike
[x]Lion's Roar
[ ]Armor power: Demonscale
[ ]Marial vigor
[ ]Flattening Charge
[ ]Beast-Surrounding Maneuver
[ ]Takedown Strike
*Daily Powers:
[x]Concentrated Attack
[ ]Stand the Fallen
[ ]Denying Mark
[x]Davros Elden's Hasty resurgence
[ ]Shield Power
[ ]Boot Power
[ ]Sword Power
[ ]Strength of Conviction

MBA: +17 vs. AC, 1d12+11 damage
[sblock=Notes]*Action Surge Feat: +3 bonus to attack rolls when spending an AP
*Leand Meat Feat +1 bonus to ally attack rolls for any power granted by a warlord power
*Armored Warlord Feat: +1 to amount of healing surges
*Human Perserverence Feat: +1 to all saving throws
*Improved Bravura Feat: When an ally uses Max Bravura Presence, that ally gains either a +1 bonus to the attack roll or a +1 bonus to speed for the move action (ally's choice)
*Stubborn Survivor Feat: +2 bonus to all saving throws when Max has no AP.
*Belt of Vigor: +1 bonus to healing surge value
*Bracers of Mighty Strike: +2 Damage bonus when using a basic melee attack
*Circlet of Indomitability: +1 to Will
*Badge of the Berserker: When Max charges he doesn't provoke OA's
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Spending an AP in the Presence of Max: Please Read]

Battlefront Leader Power

Any ally within three squares of max can shift 1/2 movement speed as a free action.

Bravura Presence

When an ally Max sees spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll.

If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, then the ally can choose to do the following after the AP action:
* make a basic attack +1 to hit (due to feat: improved bravura)
or
* make a move action as a free action +1 added to ally's speed for movement (due to feat: improved bravura)

If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.

Clearly worth the risk :)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads