• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The old fashioned way...

Zerth

First Post
Durg

Durg looks at Halydin and scratches his head. "I dunno. Durg no smart one. We split up and try follow all different tracks?"

Knight Otu

First Post
"Splitting up? That does not sound like a good idea - it seems that each group would outnumber us if we split up, and we cannot count on the other orcs to hold back as much as these two."

Semabin itches to simply run off after one of the orc groups, but now that he sees that there is more to the adventure than he thought, he is more willing to use his brain.

"Halydin, I don't kow much about tracking, so maybe what I ask is impossible, but - are the three groups equally large? Is there one that appears to try to travel faster? Does there seem to be a rider that is inexperienced with wolves?"

Manzanita

First Post
Halydin

Halydin ponders a bit. "I think now that there were 6 wolves to start. One was killed back on the grounds, and they took the princess. That means 7 humanoids riding on 5 animals. Now they've left these two orcs here, which means 5 riders and 5 animals. It looks like they split into groups of two, two, and one. I can't tell speeds or rider experience. But 5 of them, five of us..." He gazes into the distance.

Zerth

First Post
Durg

"Durg say we split up. Halydin follows the one riding alone. He maybe most difficult to track, because leaves less tracks. Halydin best tracker of us."

"Good time is wasting and we gotta find princess. We need to split up," the half-orc says sounding more sure of himself with Halydin also giving support to the idea of following all three groups.

Knight Otu

First Post
"OK, these odds sound more reasonable - but do we have to follow the lone rider? Annalyn is likely in one of the two-wolf groups - unless she is riding there of her own free will... Agh, to the efreet with that, it's better to follow all three groups. Halydin, will you follow the lone rider? The rest of us - each group could use someone with a bit of tracking ability. Cailean, Rogar, Durg?"

Manzanita

First Post
"Aye, Cailean and I will take the most westward of the trails, what say you, sir?" the dwarf asks the soilder.

"Aye." replies Cailean. "That will work."

"It is true that I should be the one to follow the single trail." says Halydin." Perhaps the paths will cross again. Everyone shout if you encounter trouble. Perhaps another will be able to hear and come to your aid. Good luck."

With that, the other three ride off, leaving Morn with Durg and Semabin.

Zerth

First Post
The others ride off and Durg is left alone with Semabin and Morn.

The half-orc looks at the tracks on the ground for awhile and looks ahead, where they are leading. "Let's go. One of should keep an eye on prisoner at all times," he says and climbs on his horse.

Manzanita

First Post
Morn

THe orc whines as you prod him along. "Let Morn go. Morn nice orc. Tell you everything. Morn tired, hurt. Let Morn rest and then return to the mountains."

You follow the wolf tracks in the soft game trail. It soons heads into thick trees as it winds up towards the mountains.

Zerth

First Post
Durg looks at Morn and then Semabin. "Orc only slows us down. Should we let Morn go? Morn little use to us, if he doesn't know where wolfriders going."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads