[Adventure] The Paper Chase, Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: Did I get the resist 4 poison from my amulet of health? Eitherway, I will use blessing of vengeance when my oath target falls - +12 THP, so I'm still up. With the SW I'm taking I'm at 15 (or 19) now

kal'Tarron takes a second to catch his breath and channel some of his energy into his wounds. His wounds easing, he dashes at the staff wielder, raising his fingers and cursing the enemy in Draconic..

OOC: Second Wind + 12hp;
Minor OoE on Staff
Move to N16 (by round about ruote to avoid OA)

[sblock=Quick Stats]kal'Tarron, Deva Avenger 5 Speaks in Bold Purple[/B

HP 15/50 Temp HP 0 Initiative +3 AC 22, Fort 15, Reflex 18, Will 18 AP 0, Surges 6/8, (12hp)

+1 defense against bloodied creature, Resist 7 Necrotic, Radiant, 5 Posion, Censure of Retribution, Sanguine Vestments +1 (+1 defense when OoE target is bloodied), Amulet of Health +1

Bond of Retribution Radiant Vengeance Avenging Echo Halo of Fire Oath of Emnity Chanel Divinity Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes Bloodclaw Great Axe Aspect of Might Blessing of Vengeance Couter of Second Chances Menacing Presence
Special used SW[/sblock]

OOC: Can Grys reduce some damage from Axewoman? Also, slide her or me adjacent to each other?

"Can anyone get the bi**h closer to me? Or me to her?"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia desperately reaches out to grasp the axe-wielder's mind, but her magics find no purchase.

[sblock=Actions]Virtue of Valor: 4 thp to whoever killed Big Club I guess.

Standard: Cutting Words Axe. Miss with a 15 vs Will. Sorry Meta.
Move: Move to F16.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Human Bard 6
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 20
AC 21 | F 17 | R 17 | W 19
HP: 16/53 | Bloodied: 26 | Surge value: 13 | Surges: 9/10
Speed: 5 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +13 vs AC, 1d8+4, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike, Vicious Mockery
Blood Drain, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship
Inspiring Refrain, Dissonant Strain
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery
Inspire Confidence, Ode to Sacrifice
Performer's Longsword, Skald's Chainmail

Conditions:

Bloodied[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Arg! Blasted, stupid, human caster! Kill him! Mythra shouts, causing the Dretch to move closer to the staff wielding man, ready to strike.

[sblock=actions]
Standard:Second Wind
Minor: Move Dretch to M15

save succeeded
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dretch]
Senses Passive Insight 20, Passive Perception 20
HP 7/23
AC 21; Fortitude 17, Reflex 18, Will 19

If the Dretch is reduced to 0 hit points, creatures adjacent to it take 5 poison damage.

Symbiosis: While the summoned Dretch is present, each creature you hit with a basic or at-will attack takes 5 damage if it makes an attack before the end of its next turn, after it makes the attack.

Standard Action: Melee 1; targets one or two creatures; 9 vs. Reflex; 2d6 + 5 damage.

Intrinsic Nature: If you haven&#8217t given the dretch any commands by the end of your turn, it attacks or charges the nearest creature and makes its listed attack (above) in place of a melee basic attack. If it cannot attack or charge, it moves 5 squares toward the nearest creature. In addition, you take 1d6 damage each time you take a standard or move action before the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mythra]
Mythra Stelwart
Male Eladrin Wizard 6

Medium natural humanoid (Fey)
(+2 to defenses because of Bloodthread armor, +2 second wind)
Initiative +8; Senses Passive Insight 20, Passive Perception 20
HP 13/46hp, Bloodied 23, Surge Value 11, Surges 6/9
AC 20+4; Fortitude 16+4, Reflex 17+4, Will 18+4
Saving Throws +5 vs Charm Effects
Speed 6
Action Points:0

Powers:
At will:
Chilling Cloud
Beguiling Strands

Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation
Mystical Debris

Encounter:
Fey Step
Illusory Obstacles
Hypnotic Pattern

Shield
Tome of Binding
Second Wind

Daily:
Summon Dretch
Summon Magma Beast
Summon Iron Cohort

Summoning Tome
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Does the dretch have an intrinsic attack?

OOC: Yes sorry, I'll add it to the sblock. Since Mythra commanded it this turn it would not trigger. It does not have a MBA or OA. :)

Standard Action: Melee 1; targets one or two creatures; 9 vs. Reflex; 2d6 + 5 damage.

Intrinsic Nature: If you haven't given the dretch any commands by the end of your turn, it attacks or charges the nearest creature and makes its listed attack (above) in place of a melee basic attack. If it cannot attack or charge, it moves 5 squares toward the nearest creature. In addition, you take 1d6 damage each time you take a standard or move action before the end of your next turn.

Last edited:

OOC: Sorry for the hold up, I was waiting to see if anyone can get axe adjacent. Details later, Orsik will second wind spending two surges via amulet of life

Orsik looks askance at the axewoman.
"Is that the best you can!? My people's resilience is legendary. With reason. You allowed your blood to become poluted. Look, I'm barely affected by all your effort. And now your friends and you will fall. Observe the power of giants!" he shouts raising the body of Grys and depositing him to safer location. Spirits holding him flinch back and his legs are free once again.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Second Wind with Amulet of Life: heals 24hp
Minor: Grab Grys
Move: Throw Grys toward Alexia :) gently (that is, move him to not be adjacent to axewoman and put him behind as far as possible)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The heroes try to recover their strength, while Muzdum engages the bowman. The crossbowmen prove their worth as a bolt from one finishes the wounded bow wielder, and the other drops the staff-wielding man with a bolt to his forehead.

The beast finally locates a weak spot and pounces on Muzdum, taking the dwarf down.

The woman moves up and attacks Orsik. Her blows are as wild and crazy as her appearance.

The bowman repays the favor and drops the crossbow wielder who felled his ally.

[sblock=ooc]

The crossbowmen (M) fire - one @ bow 2, the other at the staff - vs AC (bow) (1d20+9=24) kills bow 2, vs AC (staff) (1d20+9=29) crits! Kills staff also... crack shots there.

Monster: vs ac (muzdum); dmg (1d20+12=31, 1d10+8+1d6=16) drops Muzdum

Axe: vs ac (orsik); dmg (1d20+12=14, 2d12+6=13, 1d20+12=19, 2d12+6=16) damnit all.... she is so terrible. The minions are more effective then her...

Bow 1: move and attack M1 - vs ac (1d20+13=27) dead.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]

Monster: 24 AC; 15/??/18 F/R/W
Axe: 19 AC; 21/??/17 F/R/W
Bow 1: 18 AC; 17/??/?? F/R/W
B: 16 AC; 14/??/?? F/R/W
Staff 1: ?? AC; ??/18/19 F/R/W
Big club: 22 AC; 19/17/?? F/R/W
Club: 17 AC; ??/??/?? F/R/W
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
[MENTION=91452]rb780nm[/MENTION] - you are restrained (save ends) so you can't move. The damage wasn't poison, that was a typo (I just hit the back button on my browser and forgot to change that).
[MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] - Grys is restrained so I don't think you could move him, the spirit vines will hold him down. While a creature is restrained, it can’t move, unless it teleports. It can’t even be pulled, pushed, or slid.

Muzdum's actions - slash and pummel on bow 2 -vs ac; dmg; vs ref (1d20+12=20, 1d12+6=13, 1d20+11=13) hits the AC for 3, misses Ref

Grys: -8/49, bloodied, slowed TENT, restrained (save ends), dying, prone, 1/3 death saves
Alexia: 16/53, bloodied,
Orsik: 15/48, bloodied
Muzdum: 0/62,(until end of encounter Muzdum grants CAto Monster), bloodied, dying, prone, 0/3 death saves
kal'Tarron: 15/50, Until end of encounter, and enemy that begins its turn adjacent to me suffers a -2 penalty to AC until end of its next turn, Until end of encounter, gain +5 bonus to athletics checks, +2 Power bonus to speed and to damage rolls, bloodied, 1/3 death saves, restrained (save ends), +2 defenses TSNT
Mythra: 13/46, bloodied, +2 defenses TSNT
Dretch: 7/23, bloodied,

Enemies:

Monster: -21hp, used paralyzing bite
Axe: -100 hp, marked (Grys), bloodied, used Poison Spew
Bow 1: -33 hp, bloodied
Bow 2: -52 hp, marked (Muzdum), bloodied - Dead
Staff 1: Used Spirit Creepers, -67 hp, bloodied, -2 penalty to attack rolls TE of my NT (Alexia) Dead
Big club: -140hp(144 hp total), Oath'd, used Spinning Club, , bloodied, grants CA TENT - Dead

[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia quietly walks behind kal'Tarron. She raises herself on her toes to whisper in his ear, "Is your strength failing? If so, I'm sure our foes can lend you some." She gestures towards the axe-wielder, whose movements suddenly become halting and clumsy while kal feels his bonds loosen. Alexia smiles slightly, "Much better, yes?"

[sblock=Actions]Virtue of Valor: 4 thp to whoever can take it. One of our allies?

Move: Move to J14.
Standard: Dissonant Strain vs Axe. Hits Will 24 for 15 psychic damage. She takes a -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn, and kal can make a saving throw. I guess I'll roll it. [expletive deleted] yes! 11! Go get 'em!
Free: If that didn't kill Axe lady, I'll use my sword to give kal a +4 to his next attack against her.

My next turn will be spent trying to stabilize Grys, but if anyone can pour a potion down his throat that would be better.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]Alexia Madgearu - Human Bard 6
Initiative: +3 | Passive perception: 20 | Passive Insight: 20
AC 21 | F 17 | R 17 | W 19
HP: 16/53 | Bloodied: 26 | Surge value: 13 | Surges: 9/10
Speed: 5 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
MBA: +13 vs AC, 1d8+4, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike, Vicious Mockery
Blood Drain, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship
Inspiring Refrain, Dissonant Strain
Stirring Shout, Satire of Bravery