• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Fragsie

Explorer
OOC: Ok, just Growl left to go this turn as Shane is stunned. Let's mop up what's left :p

[sblock=Status]
26 - Human Bandit 1 DEAD
- Human Bandit 2 DEAD
- Human Bandit 3 (29/37) Dazing Strike Divine Challenge
- Tomas DEAD
- Human Rabble 1 FLED
- Human Rabble 2 DEAD
- Human Rabble 3 DEAD
- Human Rabble 4 DEAD
- Human Rabble 5 DEAD
- Human Rabble 6 DEAD
- Human Guard 1 (10/47) Bloodied
- Human Guard 2 (19/47 ) Bloodied Grants CA
22 - Brother Shane (HP-24/24 Temp-7 S-8/8) healing powers restore +5 hp, Stunned
19 - Growl (HP-20/35 temp-7 S-11/11) +4 AC
12 - Ceryx (HP-21/28 temp-7 S-9/9) Argent Mantle (reroll damage),
11 - Skalisss (HP-36/39 temp-3 S-11/11)
8 - Mikara (HP-20/20 S-6/6)

Features of the Area
(skill checks may reveal more information on some of these features.)
  • Pillars
  • Ruins: These crumbled statues are difficult terrain
  • Statues: The three remaining large statues are beginning to crumble with age.
  • Cencers: These braziers cast normal light on the dais.

Yellow Area - Sacred Circle; +1 AC
Green - Swarming Locusts; enemies grant CA
[sblock=Monster Stats]
Tomas - AC 17 / Fort 17 / Ref ? / Will 16 / HP 86
:close::area:Stone Breaker (recharge 4 5 6) One square of ruins within 2 becomes the origin of a burst 1 or blast 3; +6 vs. Reflex; 1d6 + 1 damage and the target is dazed until the end of Tomas’ next turn.

Bandits - AC 16 / Fort 12 / Ref 14 / Will 12 / HP 37
:branged:Dagger: 5/10; +6 vs. AC; 1d4+3 damage.
:melee:Dazing Strike: (enc) +4 vs. AC; 1d8+1 damage, the target is dazed until the end of bandits next turn and bandit may shift 1 square.

Rabble - AC 15 / Fort 13 / Ref 11 / Will 11 / HP 1
:bmelee:Club: +6 vs. AC; 4 damage.
Mob Rule - Rabble gain +2 P bonus to defences while at least two other rabble are within 5 squares.

Guard - AC 18 / Fort ? / Ref 15 / Will 14 / HP 47
:bmelee:Halberd: Reach 2; +10 vs. AC; 1d10+3 damage and the target is marked until the end of the guards next turn.
:melee:Powerful Strike: (recharge 5,6) Reach 2; +10 vs. AC; 1d10+7 damage and the target is knocked prone.

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=Fragsie]I believe you forgot Ceryx's turn as well. Just saying.[/sblock]

Ceryx shifts into a flanking position with Mikara and with one grand swing of his falchion, chops off the guards head, bringing him down and yelling towards guard 2 "I would surrender if I were you."

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Shift to K14
Minor Action: Oath of Enmity Guard 1
Standard Action: Leading Strike vs. Guard 1=1d20+9->29 (CRIT) max damage: 4d4+4=20[/sblock]
[sblock=Ceryx's Stats]Ceryx - Deva Avenger 1
Passive Perception 19, Passive Insight 14
AC 18, Fort 13, Reflex 15, Will 15
HP 21/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 9/9
Speed 6, Initiative +0
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
[sblock=Powers]
Radiant Vengeance
Leading Strike
Avenging Echo
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Oath of Enmity
Channel Divinity: Abjure Undead
Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance
Argent Mantle
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
OOC: Oops, sorry mohalloran. It probably wouldn't take much to convince these guys to surrender if someone made an Intimidate check.

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Is there a way to retrain a power before leveling up? Or do I need to wait until level 2 to retrain. I want to take Bond of Censure instead of Radiant Vengance since I'm trying to be a melee Avenger. I don't know why I didn't see that power until today, but I think it was the spread out nature of this fight that made me look for something.[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
Growl moves over to flank the guard Mikara skewered, the slays the human with a brutal swipe of his claws. In a burst of speed startling for his form, he charges across the room and mauls the other guard as well.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move action - Move to K14.

Standard action - Savage Rend targeting Guard 1.

Savage Rend (CA) (1d20+8+2=15, 1d8+5=12)

Hits Reflex 15 for 12 damage against Guard 1.

ACTION POINT!

Standard action - Charge Guard 2, using Savage Rend and ending in J16.

Savage Rend (Charge) (1d20+8+1=19, 1d8+5=8)

Hits Reflex 19 for 8 damage against Guard 2.[/sblock]

[sblock=Growl's Info]Growl- "Male" Warforged Druid 2
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20
AC: 19, Fort: 15, Reflex: 12, Will: 17 - Speed: 6
HP: 20 (+7 temp) /35, Bloodied: 17, Surge Value: 8 (10 in beast form), Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1

Powers:
Chill Wind
Savage Rend
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Barkskin
Darting Bite
Second Wind
Warforged Resolve

Faerie Fire
Enduring Beast Hide Armor +1 (Daily)

Full character sheet[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=garyh]I already killed guard 1 earlier. Should both of those go to guard 2 to kill him? That should make making bandit 3 surrender easier![/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
With the swift death of the two halbardiers, panic finally sets in for the last remaining gang member and he bolts straight for the steps. The faces of the victorious adventurers begin to fall as their last chance at a prisoner to question runs from their sight, but just as hope seems lost you hear a crash of metal from the direction of the stairs.

A moment later a young human man of average height with brown hair enters the chamber with the bandit walking before him at the point of a sword. The chainmailed man gives the group a welcoming smile...

[sblock=OOC]Encounter over, well done guys you handled that very well :) you have one prisoner caught by Andrec who has just finished 6 Eagle Down and will now be joining you here. XP awards for this fight have been noted in the tracking section at the beginning of this thread, but you still need to take an extended rest before you get the xp officially.

Mohalloran; you can't power swap without leveling up, but I shouldn't worry too much, once you get the minotaurs back to Mr. Pinch you'll have earned enough XP to go to level 2 anyway :)

There is plenty to learn here in the shrine with a bit of investigation.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads