• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

JRYoung

First Post
"Greetings, adventurers! The city of Daunton sends its regards."

"Well done friend, thisss one wasss about to get away" Skalisss greets Andrec. "I am Skalisss, thessse villiansss were up to no good here, of that we are sssure. What do you call yourssself?"

Tomalak

First Post
"Call me Andrec. I am the city's representative in this endeavor. I do apologize for my tardiness, but it seems you have proven quite capable on your own thus far." Looking around the room, he spots the Minotaurs. "oh dear. Are they alive?" he asks, nodding towards the unconscious forms near the altar.

Fragsie

Explorer
Upon inspection, the condition of the minotaurs seems quite worrying. Though they are most definitely alive, their breathing is laboured; which is not really surprising considering the state they are in. Their muscles are sinewy and wasted; barely hanging on to their bones, there is no way that these supposed gladiators could swat a fly, let alone fight in an arena!
Skalisss' knowledge of medicine does not reveal much, The beasts are afflicted by some powerful malaise that is most likely magical in origin that is not contagious. A thorough inspection of the bodies reveals fresh red welts in the form of a strange rune upon the flesh of each minotaur; as though they had recently been branded.

While the dragonborn contemplates all of this, he is shocked to notice that one of the minotaurs; one with a broken horn, seems to be recovering at a prestigious speed. The beast's muscles can be visibly seen re-knitting themselves, swelling and growing before his eyes.

[sblock=OOC]Hey tomalak, it's good to see you with us :), would you mind choosing a text colour for Andrec please?[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=Fragsie]Could you edit the characters section in the first post, noting what colors are being used for speech by the PCs? It would make it easier for me to pick if they were all right next to each other. [/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
"Thisss one is recovering" Skalisss tells the others as he lends him a hand and steadies him. "Brother Shane, perhaps your healing prayers will help him?"

OOC: out of combat you can use encounter powers every five minutes.

Kalidrev

First Post
Mikara, walking straight for the prisoner, decides that they needed some answers. Mikara believes in strike first, ask questions later, but nothing said she couldn't play with her prey a little to "warm him up" to a little one-sided exchange of information. Standing behind the prisoner so that he was between Andrec and herself she placed the flat of her falchion on the prisoner's shoulder with the sharp edge towards his neck. The prisoner can feel his own shadow creeping over his skin, moving to some of the more vulnerable points on his body. It feels like a wash of cold death and leaves him with chills running down his spine.

"We're going to play a little game, you and I. It's called, Answer Truthfully as Quickly As You Can and You Might Not Die. Here's how it works. I ask a question. You answer truthfully as quickly as you can. If you stall, the blade inches inwards. If you lie, the blade inches inwards. I know you saw what I did to your boss back there. That was nice quick death and he hardly felt a thing. If you screw with me your last moments will extend for days and you will feel every.single.inch of my blade across your skin. Ready? Too bad. Question 1. Who are you and why have you and your boss attacked these Minotaurs? Time's ticking... you've got 5....4....3...."

[sblock=Actions]
- Move: Move to prisoner.
- Free: Assassin's Shroud on the prisoner. As she interrogates the prisoner she will continue placing these shrouds on him... just in case. The prisoner is aware of Mikara, so he knows where the shrouds are coming from and what they do.
- Intimidate as Standard Action (it was a pretty long speech, lol): Mikara rolls an Intimidate Check of 20. [/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
The prisoner visibly shakes from head to toe, there is no doubting that he is scared for his life, he listens carefully; whimpering every so often, as Mikara explains the rules of her game.

"I... I... I'm P... Paeter, and I didn't attack those things, we was carryin 'em back here when yous lot turned up. Da boss was Tomas Tanson; he's part o' da new lot what ha' taken over da gangs. Honest miss, I is just a thief what was forced to 'elp; we all was forced, cos Tomas's boss, what he called Lord, everyone's scared of 'im miss, even Hyann is 'fraid to go 'gainst him. So we did as Tomas said us to do."

[sblock=Streetwise DC15]Hyann is an immigrant from the Isle of Laughing Gallows, and is one of the few gnolls currently living in Daunton. He is a proud, vain beast, and leads a gang appropriately named "Hyann's Pack". The handful of gnolls in Daunton swear fealty to him, as do various shifters, bugbears, minotaurs, and other bestial humanoids. The more exotic members are dwarfed in number by the mundane, however; most of his gang is of human stock, who are either strong-armed into following along or join up to see the fear in their enemies eyes as they announce their allegiance. Hyann's Pack are little more than glorified street thugs, and random muggings is their main source of income. Hyann is remarkably unsubtle, and tends to order hits rather than negotiate.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads