Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Kalidrev

First Post
Grinning with an evil glee, Mikara uses her innate racial powers on Skalisss. Transparent blue and purple flames cover the dragonborn and add to his intimidating presence.

[sblock=Intimidate Check] Mikara uses her Dark Fire power on Skalisss and rolls a 25 intimidate! [/sblock]

[sblock=aid another] If someone else doesn't have something really good to do, roll a DC 10 intimidate to make Skalisss's skill check a success instead of a failure!! [/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]The use of your racial power is quite inventive so i'll give it a +2 bonus, as you used the power on Skalisss, i'll apply the +2 to his roll, making two successes so far, but with those two uses of intimidate you're running the risk of simply panicking the crowd (at the moment it would be easy for someone to cry out that they're under attack and cause a stampede!), I would suggest one of the others employs a more calming tact.[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=Streetwise]1d20+5->15[/sblock]

Noticing the crowds love of gossip, and the new hush that has fallen over the crowd, Ceryx begins spreading rumors and hype about the incredible, unmissable The Legion of Bone battle about to take place in the Turtledome!

"You can't miss the upcoming battles. They are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. Everyone will be talking about them for years to come. You don't want to be the only person in town who hasn't seen them."

garyh

First Post
A strange-looking warforged, one seeming to have patches of fur and claws mixed in with his armor plating, approaches the group.

"I notice you trying to herd the crowd into that strange ship over there. I don't know much about humanoids," he rumbles, "but grand displays and fear of ridicule can only do so much, I'd think. Perhaps the carrot, instead of the stick? If you were to speak of what good awaits them whereever it is you want them to go, they would go more speedily?"

Insight (1d20+10=27)

The warforged then remembers one of the things he learned at that strange wooden cave full of "adventurers," and introduces himself. "My name is Growl. I am one with nature. I came to the docks to learn of my homeland, Old Allaria, now overrun by the Empire of Hzaka. Perhaps I could assist you?"

[sblock=OOC]Hi all! Blight Makes Right is all wrapped up, so here's my Warforged Druid 2, ready to go! :) Don't have my level up review approvals yet, but that should be done before we get any XP awards.[/sblock]

[sblock=Growl's Info]Growl- "Male" Warforged Druid 2
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20
AC: 19, Fort: 15, Reflex: 12, Will: 17 - Speed: 6
HP: 35/35, Bloodied: 17, Surge Value: 8 (10 in beast form), Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1

Powers:
Chill Wind
Savage Rend
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Barkskin
Darting Bite
Second Wind
Warforged Resolve

Faerie Fire
Enduring Beast Hide Armor +1 (Daily)

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC\Skill Challenge difficulty]As Garyh has joined before the first round of the skill challenge is over, I'm going to adjust the difficulties to compensate for the increased number of characters taking part. With 5 players you can achieve total victory with 8 successes, partial victory with 6 successes, and a failure with 5 or less. Growls insight check counts as a success so that's 3 so far with Brother Shane yet to act in the first round of three.[/sblock]

Skalisss and Mikara's display of purple flame and loud roar certainly gets the attention of a handsome proportion of the crowd, those nearest the group watch you with uncertain eyes, curious to see the reason for your sudden outburst and to find out what you will do next.

Ceryx' attempts to start rumours within the crowd unfortunately do not last very long and soon loose steam, after all; gossip about one of Dauntons founding families and their antics is much more juicy!

Growl; considering what the group of adventurers are trying to do and taking into account the reason that the crowd were there in the first place (to welcome back one of Dauntons most respected politicians from a mission to the motherland; Allaria), believes that perhaps the best way to motivate them would be to appeal to their patriotism. What better place to witness and support your homeland than cheering on its heroes as they fight against terrifying odds in an arena, a symbol of sorts for the heroes that are out there in the world fighting to make the world safe.

Tinwe

First Post
"Right this way, folks! Right this way!"
Shane steps forward, raising his arms and motioning towards the stadium.
"You've seen the diplomats return from their voyage abroad- now come to the stadium and enjoy an uncommon look into the abyss! See Daunton's heroes vanquish the evil dark, lifting your spirits as they grind our foes into the dust!
There's murder! Intrigue! Cheering crowds! Best of all, the refreshment vendors have fried wolf nipple chips!"

[sblock=diplomacy]
Sorry about my unannounced absence! Went to my in-laws for Thanksgiving and forgot to bring my laptop cord.

Shane is using diplomacy with a +8. IC is down.
[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=Diplomacy Roll]1d20 = 7 + 8 = 15 (Ifeel a bit bad that the first ever physical roll i've made for someone as a DM was a failure, but not to worry you've got another two rounds to get three successes)[/sblock]

Brother Shane's attempts to gain the crowds attention through talk of food falls on flat ears, perhaps much of the crowd had already eaten before the came out into the cold weather.

Skill Challenge S2: Crowd Corral (lvl 1) DC 18 (3 successes so far)

The party must herd as much of the loitering public into the TURTLEDOME! as they can. The more new customers the party can provide the easier it will be to arrange a handsome reward from Mr. Pinch.

Segment 2: Sway Their Minds (Social) (check the skill challenge rules in my OP to remind yourself which skills to use)

Having gotten the attention of roughly half the crowd, the party must now convince them that they want nothing more than to spend the remainder of the day in the TURTLEDOME! spending their money to fatten the wallet (and in the process loosen the purse strings) of Mr. Pinch.

Kalidrev

First Post
Walking to the entrance of the shelled arena, Mikara blinks back into standard visibility, standing atop a large wooden crate. She begins posing for the males in the crowd. Thinking that all males are easily provoked into wanting female companionship she shouts out to them.

"Hey, guys! There's supposed to be several more like me in there just waiting for you get...inside. It would be such a shame if you didn't join us!"

[sblock=Bluff Check]
Invisible Castle is down, could you please roll for me Fragsie? Mikara has a +4 Bluff. [/sblock]

Remove ads