Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC/Dice Rolling]Well, invisible Castle is still down, so i'm going to use CoCo Roller, which looks ok, I'm not sure how or if we can each roll from home in the same session, so i'll still make the rolls for now (you'll just be able to see them!), and hope that invisible castle is up again soon, or a better option becomes available.

For now though, Mikara's Bluff Check -1d20+4=24 - some smooth moves there!

I'l wait to do the description until another couple of you have posted so that your actions interact :eek:[/sblock]

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss adds credence to the efforts of one of his allies to talk the crowd into the Turtledome.

"Lisssten, my friendsss, he speaksss the truth! Thrillsss beyond imagination! Non-ssstop action awaitsss you at the TURTLEDOME!"

OOC: Aid another, the next Diplomacy attempt gets +2.
1d20+5=20

garyh

First Post
Hi all! My wife and I just welcomed our second son into the world on Monday! Mommy and baby are both doing well. As you might guess, I'll be on a bit less for a few weeks, as we've got our hands full between the newborn and our almost-three year old!

Yay! :):):):):)

If it's Growl's turn and I haven't posted for a few days, feel free to NPC him.

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=Diplomacy]Invisible Castle is down.

Is there a way to do the diplomacy without using the Aid Another (to save that for Brother Shane) Or should I just wait until he posts?[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Congrats Garyh, post when you can and i'll do my best to keep Growl alive when I need to :lol:[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Use CoCo Roller for dice until Invisible Castle is back up, use "TPoK: Skill Challenge S2" as the session name. As for the +2 Assist from Skalisss; it's up to you whether you use it or leave it for Brother Shane (you dont have to wait for him to post), but if you want to use it, include before you roll ;)[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC\Rate of Posting]I realise you guys have all just has thanksgiving, but I'm hoping to step up the speed of things a bit now, Garyh obviously isn't going to have as much time for a little while, so if while he's not about you think Growl should be using certain tactics, don't be afraid to say. I'm going to post actions for Growl and Brother Shane in about 5 and a half hours if we don't hear from them before.[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
"Wolf nipple chips don't thrill you, eh? Lucky none of you will ever find yourselves in a Roman coliseum!"
Shane stands a little straighter and deepens his voice.
"But don't let that stop you! There's a world of adventure awaiting inside these walls. Come with us, and cheer on our gladiators as they fight for gods and country!"

[sblock]1d20+8=25[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=Rolls]Ceryx - Diplomacy Check - 1d20+2 = 3;
Gowl - Kn: Dungeoneering - 1d20+5 = 6

Two natural 1's :-S[/sblock]

Mikara's plea to the crowds more baser natures proves to be a success, many of the sailors as well as men (and a few women) from the inner city start moving toward the arena, one or two of them receiving swats from their wives.

While Skalisss; still bathed in purple flame draws the ears of many in the crowd to what Ceryx has to say, the quiet deva is nervous about addressing such a large body of people and fumbles over his words.

Growl tries to remember some of the most fantastic beasts he has heard of in tales or met in his adventures that he could say are in the TURTLEDOME! to wow the public, but fails to think of anything more spectacular than the creatures that have plagued the wildlands around Daunton for years.

Brother Shane steps smartly to the front and relieves Ceryx's obvious discomfort, his words sink into the mob psyche.

The lure of patriotism coupled with Mikara's promise of beautiful women finally breaks the tide, and hundreds of Dauntons citizens start rushing toward the arena entrance, each desperate to get the best seats before they sell out.

Skill Challenge S2: Crowd Corral (lvl 1) DC 18 (5 successes so far)

The party must herd as much of the loitering public into the TURTLEDOME! as they can. The more new customers the party can provide the easier it will be to arrange a handsome reward from Mr. Pinch.

Segment 3: Herd Them In (Physical) (check the skill challenge rules in my OP to remind yourself which skills to use and special actions you can use)

The great mob of people that the party have convinced to go to the TURTLEDOME! are all trying to get in at the same time, the party must get them flowing into the arena smoothly, ensuring that nobody sneaks through without paying and no fights break out over tickets.

Last edited:

Remove ads