[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

Wasting time on fiddling with the spell controling the sleds, Bellegon almost misses approaching minotaur from opposing group. Thinking quickly, he looks straight into the beast, maneuvering to be at the eye level and then quickly approaching holding the dagger in front. He glides toward intercept point and quickly raises the dagger and appears to throw it (in reality he drops in his back hand it just before the move).

Minotaur, focused on apparent threat sees traffic knot too late to avoid it while Bellegon races above and little to the side, grim smile on his face as he catches up with the rest of the group.

Bluff (1d20+11=22)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Yes, 3/4 as I missed Ryk's[/sblock]Vok screams at the traffic ahead. Its enough to distract the drivers who careem out of the way to let him as his gaggle through. Rikka manages to see a way through and points it out to the others, and barely manages an accident herself. Ryk, meanwhile, acrobatically leaps over a skycoach with some cargo that another competitor is forced to smash into with a laugh. The bit of debris, however, do nothing to slow down Crush, who barrels through it. Finally, Bellegon, with some quick thinking, uses the body of a foolish minotaur as a shield as it distractedly smashes into a griffon rider that was blocking the drow's way.

The path dives low and away from traffic, luckily. But as they make the corner, Ryk recognizes another odd part of the Folly: The Shadowed Tunnels. Towers with inexplicable tunnels built through them, they are never really fully lit for some obscure legal reason. But as they pass under the next banner and into the shadow, what they cannot see is now their challenge!

Stage 1
Successes: 4/4 Failures: 0/3

Stage 2
Successes: 4/4 Failures: 0/3; Bellegon lost 1 HS

Stage 3
Successes: 4/4 Failures: 0/3

Soarsled Race, Stage 4

Same skills, but no mandatory Acrobatics check and physical skill checks are not as difficult (though more difficult due to darkness). Everyone who does not have low-light or darkvision must also make a mandatory difficult Perception or Streetwise check in addition to avoid the random obstacles in the tunnel; one can use to take an automatic failure to take out a light source and negate that penalty for the party.

Stage 4
Successes: 0/4 Failures: 0/3

On Puget Sound

First Post
Well, I did say Spring would have to drive the sled while I closed my eyes. I guess this is where we see what he's learned. (Spring has low light vision, but Ryk does not).

Be my eyes, friend. Ryk puts his hand on Spring's head and urges the sled forward, hoping that Spring will startle or flinch if an obstacle comes too close. Perception 9 (11 with a +2 from Spring = fail!) Spring does flinch, but Ryk misinterprets the sign and veers the wrong way, smashing into a wooden balcony. Athletics 13 (that's two 1s in a row) Sled, halfling and saurian all tumble to a stop on a balcony full of spectators. Fortunately the audience is good-natured and amused by the accident, and helps them to mount up and get flying again.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka kept herself in a low crouch, balanced towards the front of her sled as she raced along. She tried to stay near the front of the group, using her keen senses to navigate even the darkened tunnels...

OOC: Acrobatics check 1d20+10= 21; roll Roll Lookup ; Rikka has low-light vision, so no mandatory Perception roll

Still OOC: trusting Rikka to be observant for me :) IF there happens a situation where someone is following us closely and there is a turn in the tunnel AND there aren't any judges AND we're not leading anymore, Bellegon leaves area of darkness just around said corner.
Yes, I know, plenty of 'ifs'
Is there a way to make 'unaid' another by leaving more obstacles then we went by?

"Rikka, please call out if you see a judge in the tunnel! Shout 'Hole' if you notice one! Thanks!"
Bellegon keeps on the rear of the group so he can 'collect' any fallen companions (and to be behind paladin's observation field).

"Crush, I'll ride just right of you. I'll inform you whenever there is someting to avoid. Trust me."

Action: Perception aid Crush (1d20+3=16)

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
Trusting Bellegon's aid, Crush enters the tunnels. He relies more on his knowledge of tunnels and city buildings than on his obscured vision in this dim light (Streetwise = 15 [+2 if Bellegon's aid another counts]), flying more by feel than by sight. Unfortunately this type of flying does not allow for the same speeds that Crush was attaining in the open air, as he must now navigate carefully, and cannot simply smash through these obstacles (Athletics = 14).

Roll Lookup

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ryk and Spring burst forward, the halfling putting great trust in his mount. But while Spring spots a balcony before them, Ryk overcorrects and slams directly into it and some of the bystanders it holds. His recovery costs him as the hobs races past him.

[Fails Perception: Loose 1 HS; 1 Failure (athletics)]

Rikka's eyes glittered cat-like in the darkness, and she was hot on the hobgoblins' tail as they zoomed past Ryk. She somersaults in the air in the midsts of their group, causing two to pull up in hesitation as she breaks through.

[Success]

Bellegon is a ghost, zooming through the shadows almost invisibly. Seeing his chance, he gets up close to the female hob leader, smiles, and makes everything dark. Her sudden surprise is enough for her to smash into her companion, and the drow darkly chuckles as he escapes.

[Underhandedness FTW! Perfect use of a racial power, auto success.]

Crush is a little more hesitant as he zooms through the shadows. His knowledge of the streets is enough to let him keep to the center and most likely open area but even that is almost not enough as something the stumbling hobs run into flies his eyes. He grits his teeth and manages to loose only a little momentum.

[Both pass (though close); 1 success]

Stage 4
Successes: 3/4 Failures: 1/3; Ryk loses 1 HS

Remove ads