[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Thanks to everyone involved (especially Stonegod) for an interesting and different adventure. I'm in the process of leveling up Rikka now, should be done in a few days- with RP it looks like she will be just 200 xp short of level 7.

>So the boons work like the appropriate magic item, but do not use a slot- is that right? So Rikka could use a different Feet slot item and get both benefits?

OOC: Thanks to everyone involved (especially Stonegod) for an interesting and different adventure. I'm in the process of leveling up Rikka now, should be done in a few days- with RP it looks like she will be just 200 xp short of level 7.

>So the boons work like the appropriate magic item, but do not use a slot- is that right? So Rikka could use a different Feet slot item and get both benefits?

Yeah, we all are. I'll badger my next DM to allow me to level up after first month in the next adventure :p If he doesn't allow it, well, that's life. 1 RP equals 1 item of the same level (5th in our case) right? 1000gp?

Question for [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION], [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION]:
What's the status on 5th level expertise bonus? Is it still flat +1 or it's 1 expertise feat?

I liked very much connected skill challenges, [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION] developed it further so not only are challegnes connected, but rounds within the challenge grant bonuses or penalties for subsequent actions (such as trying intimidate on a noble in social situation)

Thanks stonegod!

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Yeah, we all are. I'll badger my next DM to allow me to level up after first month in the next adventure :p If he doesn't allow it, well, that's life. 1 RP equals 1 item of the same level (5th in our case) right? 1000gp?
Not quite. The wikia is down for the moment, but
- 10 RP equals 1/5th the price of a magic item of their current level in gold and a treasure parcel that they for which they are eligible.

What's the status on 5th level expertise bonus? Is it still flat +1 or it's 1 expertise feat?
Its still +1 feat bonus, but Expertise feats are allowed but don't stack (so you get the secondary benefits of the feat, but not the scaling bonus).

So, I spend 10RP at 5th and get 200gp and a parcel. What if I spend only 4? And then two levels later I spend 6? Should I then calculate 40% at level 5 and 60% at level 7?

renau1g

First Post
OOC: Each RP is worth 1/50 of a magic item cost and xp of one monster for the level you cash it. If you wait until a higher level the gold and xp levels are higher, but the xp cost for the next level is higher and so end of the day, RP is worth pretty much the same across all levels. It's easier when 10 are cashed in, not sure how fractional amounts affect the treasure parcel...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: No fractions; its every 10 RP that you gain the reward. When you have spent the 10th one is when the rewards kick in (it is 1/5 of the gold of item of the level they are spent at).

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: So, for most of us, we start by spending our 3000 XP, and then 4 RP, which moves us to the beginning of level 6- then we spend our other 9 RP at level 6 (ending up 200 XP short of level 7). In that case, we would get a treasure parcel at level 6 (which could be any of the 5 parcel choices, since they reset for 6-10), and 1/5 the gp value of a level 6 item (1800/5= 360 gp). Is that right?

Remove ads